T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

Pretty much all of Honolulu is full bars or at least 3 out of 5.

But speeds are very good here

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 via the Coconut Wireless \000/

What type of spectrum availability does Tmo even have there? 

I believe 15x15 I don't have the service menu to tell me what I am connected to. All I know is that most places here ave over 90-100MB+ . It's just at my home on the east rural end of the island I Ave in the 130's MB now for the last 2 months the or so

Edited by HawaiiD

What type of spectrum availability does Tmo even have there? 

If those speed tests are accurate, then they necessarily point to 20 MHz FDD.

AJ

• Like 1

AJ

Interesting, very impressive if they can blanket the islands with coverage.

Hawaii is a tourist trap, and high data usage, especially on vacation.

AJ

Just wait until the network loads up. We have seen this with Verizon, in the beginning speeds that were insane at the time and now it's like B25 at times.

Just wait until the network loads up. We have seen this with Verizon, in the beginning speeds that were insane at the time and now it's like B25 at times.

t mobiles network took a huge hit here...hspa+ is unusable during the day and lte speeds had dropped a bit

If so, T-Mobile is screwing over thousands of its users in the Indianapolis metro.

AJ

They've gotta have really old phones.

Plenty of people -- especially older and/or lower socioeconomic status subs -- keep their handsets for upwards of five years.  They may have bought their handsets new several years ago.  Or they may have bought older handsets more recently on the second hand market.

If this report about Indianapolis is true -- and I question its veracity -- failure to warn all subs in advance is a chicken shit move on the part of T-Mobile.

AJ

• Like 3

For the last 2 to 3 years the speeds have constantly gone up not down from when lte first went live started at about 20 MBs. Heck, even if the speeds were cut in half later on I still be really stoked.

AJ

I dunno how accurate the test are according to the speed test app.

But I can really tell the difference in the way my phone reacts say when I open and play netflix, showbox, etc. Buffering/loading doesn't even last 2 seconds.

BTW, earlier today

ec16f8e84b790bf387016b990adb578d.jpg

c248d8fbe7d1eab695c3b25bd0e7d36f.jpg

d267c94050eb8dea86730774d121626d.jpg

• Like 3

The AWS Hspa shutdown has started!

In Indy:

http://www.t4gru.com/index.php?/topic/49-AWS-HSPA-shutdown-%28and-resulting-implications%29/page__view__findpost__p__265

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If so, T-Mobile is screwing over thousands of its users in the Indianapolis metro.

AJ

This was discovered some weeks ago when someone posted on /r/tmobile.  T-Mobile has HSPA deployed on PCS, which nearly every phone supports.  They aren't screwing many people, if any.

More people are screwed by them only deploying LTE in rural areas and skipping HSPA altogether.

• Like 1

This was discovered some weeks ago when someone posted on /r/tmobile. T-Mobile has HSPA deployed on PCS, which nearly every phone supports. They aren't screwing many people, if any.

More people are screwed by them only deploying LTE in rural areas and skipping HSPA altogether.

Can you post reddit link?

They're not done with the rural upgrades. This is the quickest way to upgrade. They'll come back later - much later - to put Hspa on.

• Like 1

Can you post reddit link?

They're not done with the rural upgrades. This is the quickest way to upgrade. They'll come back later - much later - to put Hspa on.

Yeah maybe, but that doesn't change the fact that people with HSPA only phones are SOL for a long time.  By the time T-Mobile fully modernizes the rural sites they'll probably have upgraded devices.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/2xhxdb/fishers_in_indianapolis_area_speed_upgrade/

Yeah maybe, but that doesn't change the fact that people with HSPA only phones are SOL for a long time. By the time T-Mobile fully modernizes the rural sites they'll probably have upgraded devices.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/2xhxdb/fishers_in_indianapolis_area_speed_upgrade/

Thanks for link.

If someone is living in a TMO 2g or GMO lte area, they're not a TMO sub. If they are, they're stupid.

If I were in a TMO 2g or even GMO lte area, I'd be on cricket.

Thanks for link.

If someone is living in a TMO 2g or GMO lte area, they're not a TMO sub. If they are, they're stupid.

If I were in a TMO 2g or even GMO lte area, I'd be on cricket.

Obviously.  T-Mo subs that are traveling are the ones who are hurt.

Obviously. T-Mo subs that are traveling are the ones who are hurt.

They're already hurt lol.

Went to cedar point from SE mich and decided to take the non-freeway route for a change in scenery.

I had solid EDGE, GPRS signal but absolutely no data (iPhone 4S, moto g lte).

Upgrading to GMO lte at worst does nothing and at least does something

I dunno how accurate the test are according to the speed test app.

But I can really tell the difference in the way my phone reacts say when I open and play netflix, showbox, etc. Buffering/loading doesn't even last 2 seconds.

BTW, earlier today

Why are the pings so high? I usually get better pings than that on EV-DO. Are you using a server that is located very far from you?

-Anthony

Why are the pings so high? I usually get better pings than that on EV-DO. Are you using a server that is located very far from you?

-Anthony

Yes I was wondering about that too. I'm on TMO iPhone 4S and I get

d4595e5d0ab02589b45b3e2f1834947c.jpg

Uh, aloha?  He is in Hawaii -- thousands of fiber miles from the mainland.

AJ

• Like 4

5780b7a8cb7e73f585da8f6ec6547cee.jpg

Last month, in update was made to this site that broke it. In chrome (win 7) and ios safari, chrome the box that allows entry of city or county and displays spectrum is not there anymore.

Anyone know the twitter of the site maintainer?