SignalCheck - Android app to monitor your Wi-Fi/2G/3G/4G LTE/5G-NR signal strengths

mikejeep

Mine seems to be working again after clearing all logs and uninstalling and reinstalling SCP. Six values logged after doing that with no null values. Also, I sent my dB in an email late last night.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

After running for few days I've noticed the null values are back. Probably about 10% of entries. Also noticed it on my tmo N5 as well.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

After running for few days I've noticed the null values are back. Probably about 10% of entries. Also noticed it on my tmo N5 as well.

Boooo! I am behind on my e-mail/PM replies, but I did receive your messages and I have been working on figuring out what is causing this. It's interesting (actually, annoying) because I haven't been able to get it to happen on my own N5. I'm working on adding more protection against invalid entries and hopefully will have an update soon.

-Mike

Boooo! I am behind on my e-mail/PM replies, but I did receive your messages and I have been working on figuring out what is causing this. It's interesting (actually, annoying) because I haven't been able to get it to happen on my own N5. I'm working on adding more protection against invalid entries and hopefully will have an update soon.

-Mike

Just so you know, I had the same thing happen to me every now and then with my G2. Picked up a N5 last night and it is working just perfect.

So this may be an LG thing with the last update were there any reports other than LG mine is the G Flex and the other replies were the G2

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

-Mike

Rickie ran a trip to Kansas a couple days ago, about 10-15% of his log has null values as well.

Another thing I noticed is that it hangs onto the PLMN for B41 for a while.

He was using a G2. 

2014-05-01_18-51-00.png

Rickie ran a trip to Kansas a couple days ago, about 10-15% of his log has null values as well.

Another thing I noticed is that it hangs onto the PLMN for B41 for a while.

He was using a G2.

2014-05-01_18-51-00.png

My g2 does the same thing. Shows band 41 for a long time, even after leaving band 41 areas.

I don't use the logging as I prefer the trail log for data analysis when hunting new sites, but I have also noticed a few null GCIs here and there as well in the db. I thought maybe it had something to do with the 2000+ sectors in my sites LTE table but I did add a index on plmn and GCI for efficiency. I haven't tried running with a blank DB yet though.

I don't use the logging as I prefer the trail log for data analysis when hunting new sites, but I have also noticed a few null GCIs here and there as well in the db. I thought maybe it had something to do with the 2000+ sectors in my sites LTE table but I did add a index on plmn and GCI for efficiency. I haven't tried running with a blank DB yet though.

How do you trail log? It says that feature is coming soon. Instead of driving around, staring at my phone, which logging feature should I use? I'd like it to log every single site/sector that I connect to during the day, and then view it to check for our second carrier/b26 in Chicago.

How do you trail log? It says that feature is coming soon. Instead of driving around, staring at my phone, which logging feature should I use? I'd like it to log every single site/sector that I connect to during the day, and then view it to check for our second carrier/b26 in Chicago.

I use lordsutch's app for that. Makes it easy to find sites since I don't have a list of sites. Have to do it old school with a new school twist.

de4y7y6y.jpg

I use lordsutch's app for that. Makes it easy to find sites since I don't have a list of sites. Have to do it old school with a new school twist.

de4y7y6y.jpg

What is that app called? And it will show every gci?

Have we discovered a gci pattern for band 41? I'm noticing every band 41 site I've connected to in Chicago starts with 00.

The pattern varies from market to market, and requires multiple steps to figure out. I will PM you the Chicago pattern when I am at my PC.

EDIT: And I will post an image of a primitive Chicagoland B41 spreadsheet on the Chicago Premier thread.

• Like 2

There is no search function within the thread.  Is there a way to find the location of a LTE tower?  Location is shown for the 3G tower logs only.  Unless I'm missing something.  Thanks.

There is a search box on the top right make sure it says "this topic" to search the thread your looking at.

Other than looking at signal strength and making a guess no there is no way to tell where the towers are. Maybe as time goes on and there will be an easier way to import logs maybe sponsors will have market by market notes for most of the towers.

Question for everyone using the logging feature is any one seeing CDMA towers without an address (I am not seeing any) or Verizon towers keeping old sprint tower bsl information.(I am sometimes)

• Like 1

Does anyone know why my Signal Check Pro will alert me of a 4G connections (chime and vibrate) when I'm already on 4G?

Maybe you're changing towers/sectors? Or could it be a different band that you're connecting/handing off to?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know why my Signal Check Pro will alert me of a 4G connections (chime and vibrate) when I'm already on 4G?

Go to Settings > Preferences > Alerts and turn off LTE Vibrate and Audio alerts.  Your phone is loosing 4G and when it reconnects it will alert you when the 4G connection has been re-established. 

Your phone is losing 4G...

I believe you mean "loosing" 4G.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

I've enabled the logging feature. Where do I find the file?

In addition to uecker87's helpful reply about exporting the logs, you can also find the raw sqlite database at /data/data/com.blueline.signalcheck/databases/signalcheck_log.db -- but you probably need to be rooted to be able to access that. I've been working on a writeup to provide more details about the logging/database stuff, but I have been swamped and haven't gotten as much time to work on app stuff lately as I would like. Hopefully this week!

If you're getting an alert, it means your device connected to LTE when it wasn't already -- even if the disconnection from LTE was brief, perhaps even faster than the screen could update. I was trying to implement something that prevented false alerts for brief disconnects but it failed miserably, so the alerts are still very "dumb" for now until I can teach myself a better way to do it.

On another note, I have expanded the information on the SignalCheck website to include device-specific problems (http://www.bluelinepc.com/signalcheck/known-issues).. I know the latest HTC One (M7) system software update killed the display of LTE GCI/PCI/TAC.. I informed HTC, but haven't gotten a reply back yet. It's going to be up to them to release a fix for it.  :unsure:

-Mike

• Like 3