One Plus 7 Pro 5G

nexgencpu

Would love to hear some feedback on this device. I'm strongly considering picking this thing up! 

Some basic interesting facts about the One plus 7 pro 5G..

Snapdragon 855 CPU

8GB RAM

AMOLED QHD+ 

In-screen fingerprint sensor

All screen design with pop up camera

No wireless charging 

No official IP rating (supposedly can handle being underwater or being wet without issues for short periods)

@S4GRU @lilotimz @Dkoellerwx
******PLEASE MOVE TOPIC TO CORRECT LOCATION*******

One thing I noticed about the none 5G version is that it lacks BC10 for CDMA for voice. They only have BC0, BC1 listed as supported. Don't know if this will apply to the 5G variant 

4 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

One thing I noticed about the none 5G version is that it lacks BC10 for CDMA for voice. They only have BC0, BC1 listed as supported. Don't know if this will apply to the 5G variant 

Yeah, I don't think any of the older model will ever be compatible with Sprint in its current form (Sans merger)

Hopefully future phones will just support all carriers no matter where you buy it. Don't think the unlocked model will work on Sprint, only the Sprint model

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Came super close to picking this phone up but could not get over it's cons. No wireless charging/headphone jack and Samsung's superior build quality and design. (Note 10 is substantially better built)

I think I might end up with Note 10+ 5G.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Came super close to picking this phone up but could not get over it's cons. No wireless charging/headphone jack and Samsung's superior build quality and design. (Note 10 is substantially better built)

I think I might end up with Note 10+ 5G.

My OnePlus 2 is still in use.  It's a rock solid device.  My 13 year old son uses it, and was a hand me down from his two older sisters.  After I used it initially for nearly 1-1/2 years.  It's as good as the day I bought it, over four years ago.

Although no wireless charging on a flagship device nowadays is unforgivable!  It was even a let down back in 2015 when the OnePlus 2 came out that it didn't have wireless charging.

Robert

• Like 3

Yeah, I don't think any of the older model will ever be compatible with Sprint in its current form (Sans merger)
It could work on Sprint as a VOLTE only device. It has 25,26 and 41

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was debating whether to get the OnePlus 7T Pro as a secondary phone, but I couldn't decided between the Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro 5G or the T-Mobile OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren version. Upon researching them, it's a shame that the Sprint version has less ram, an older processor and slight less battery but whats worse is that its not as future proof as the T-Mobile version since it has less bands. (Understandable since the McLaren version just came out recently and the Sprint version came out last May).

The Sprint version doesn't have NR 5G band  71 / 600 MHz that T-Mobile uses for their 5G. So if the merger gets approved, the T-Mobile version can use both Sprint and T-Mobiles 5G. The Sprint one only uses the Band 41. Bummer.🤬

Band Compare

The kicker is that according to numerous youtube videos of both phones on their networks, the Sprint version seems to be able to deliver better speeds.  Decisions, decisions.

TS

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twospirits said:

I was debating whether to get the OnePlus 7T Pro as a secondary phone, but I couldn't decided between the Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro 5G or the T-Mobile OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren version. Upon researching them, it's a shame that the Sprint version has less ram, an older processor and slight less battery but whats worse is that its not as future proof as the T-Mobile version since it has less bands. (Understandable since the McLaren version just came out recently and the Sprint version came out last May).

The Sprint version doesn't have NR 5G band  71 / 600 MHz that T-Mobile uses for their 5G. So if the merger gets approved, the T-Mobile version can use both Sprint and T-Mobiles 5G. The Sprint one only uses the Band 41. Bummer.🤬

Band Compare

The kicker is that according to numerous youtube videos of both phones on their networks, the Sprint version seems to be able to deliver better speeds.  Decisions, decisions.

TS

At this point it would make sense to build a single SKU device for both Sprint/Tmobile, but i guess its not that simple considering the CDMA requirements on Sprint.

Yes. The McLaren version I believe. Interesting that it disables B13 and B14.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I didn't even know it supported band 14. I'm sure B13 will not stay that way if the merger passes since TMO will end up with that band in Puerto Rico.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I didn't even know it supported band 14. I'm sure B13 will not stay that way if the merger passes since TMO will end up with that band in Puerto Rico.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Speculation is that it's some Qualcomm limitation or something, but yeah it's odd.

2 hours ago, ingenium said:

Speculation is that it's some Qualcomm limitation or something, but yeah it's odd.

I believe you are right. The sprint version uses 855 while the Tmobile uses 855+.

Therefore the McLaren version is better. That means I'll have to pay more monthly on a new Tmobile plan instead of adding it to my existing Sprint Unlimited Freedom line account. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 12:28 AM, JimBob said:

I was planning to buy this phone on Sprint in the near future.  Should I not now that Sprint will be merged into T-Mobile?

It's still definitely a good phone, especially for only $430 unlocked on eBay and $400 locked, bootloader unlock is now available and a non mail-in method will be available soon, I love my 7 Pro 5G, it's probably the best phone I've ever owned, the only reason I can see to upgrade to McLaren edition is if you want T-Mobile 5G post merger, and even then I suspect Sprint may push an update to enable T-Mobile bands, or they may be able to be enabled via QPST.

• 2 months later...