HTC One preview thread (was "Any M7 takers?")

Feech

Looks like VZW did the same thing they did with the sgs2. They chose an exclusive device over the more popular device.

Well, VZW gets an exclusive device because VZW is an exclusive club. Only 100 million people make the cut. And I heard that each new VZW activation comes with a free 1980s era Members Only jacket.

8c2380_-_trench_racer_-_khaki_large.jpg

AJ

• Like 6

Well, VZW gets an exclusive device because VZW is an exclusive club. Only 100 million people make the cut. And I heard that each new VZW activation comes with a free 1980s era Members Only jacket.

8c2380_-_trench_racer_-_khaki_large.jpg

AJ

Sweet, off to the local VZW store!

[/sarcasm]

another botch job for the us market. Announce the device, make a sweet upgrade offer, then watch the US market sit and wonder if the phone will be available before the upgrade offer expires. Maybe somebody smacked an HTC exec in the head since a 2 week window (if it was available today) isn't a very long one.

It sucks that this device is available in Europe (shortages be damned).

By the way, how can anyone say the US release of the phone won't be affected by the ultrapixel camera issues unless the phones are already built for each of the carriers and ready to ship...in which case we should have a release date already.

end rant

It could be as simple as them focusing most of their current production for US models and slowing production of the international models.

Traitor! lol jk

I'm surprised I have not been accused of that before since I have two Verizon devices and a Tmo device, along with my dozen Sprint devices. :)

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

You can use it for sports and tech blogs :)

After you comment above, I did some research, and found you are exactly right.

In that case, I guess I will be able to Blinksense.

Cool! Thanks for the update!

I'm surprised I have not been accused of that before since I have two Verizon devices and a Tmo device, along with my dozen Sprint devices. :)

Not a traitor, you are a polyphonist with several inter carrier marriages.

AJ

• Like 5

Completely off topic.

Whats the best carrier/plan for a nexus 4? I would like to take advantage of the HSPA+ 42 with unlimited data. I just do not want to lose an arm and leg over the monthly since it is a secondary phone opposed to my primary evo lte.

Thanks.

I'm glad polyphony is legal here.

Legal or not, a lot occurs in secret out in the rural West. I hear that Robert keeps his "other" phones in a trailer at the far back of his property.

AJ

• Like 3

Completely off topic.

Whats the best carrier/plan for a nexus 4? I would like to take advantage of the HSPA+ 42 with unlimited data. I just do not want to lose an arm and leg over the monthly since it is a secondary phone opposed to my primary evo lte.

Thanks.

Either straight talk's $45 a month true unlimited everything or T-Mobile's $30 5gig plan.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

straight talk doesn't throttle after a certain usage?

Not with T-Mobile based sims.

As for the AT&T based ones, yeah quite a bit (after 800mb in one month or much less).

Not with T-Mobile based sims.

As for the AT&T based ones, yeah quite a bit (after 800mb in one month or much less).

Sweet! thanks for your help. I'm new to the whole gsm unlocked thing. I've been with Sprint only.

I'm hearing more & more rumblings about the HTC One being delayed:

http://www.businessi...problems-2013-3

This is causing me a dilemma. I'm a business customer hamstrung by the need for Direct Connect devices in every employees hands, but I was able to loosen the purse strings for a few of my guys to have "flagship phones" along with their DC units (such as me w/ the Admiral & the EVO).

One of my guys has a EVO Shift w/ an Admiral & he's been dying for a new phone. I pushed him off until the One hits the stores. Now his Shift is acting up really bad so I don't think I can wait. If it comes out next week or so, not a big deal. Does anyone have any inside info on whether or not this phone is near release? I really want to stick with HTC, but this may force my hand.

I don't know, but the longer they delay the release the more likely I am to wait for the Motorola/Google X-phone. HTC is their own worst enemy when it comes to marketing and product launches. Any buzz they had around this phone is gone baby gone. And, yes that was a "Blister in the Sun" reference.

• Like 1

gone daddy gone, the one is gone....yeah it's gone daddy gone...the one is gone....

not Blister in the Sun...song is Gone Daddy Gone.

but agreed...HTC should have had the forethought to have these bad boys ready to hit stores as soon as it was announced. Get all the ducks in a row and say "HEY check out this killer phone and oh yeah you can buy it TOMORROW!"

• Like 1

I can't imagine this phone hits the stores anytime in March...they really do need to get it out there ASAP to take advantage of several weeks without competing with the S4. I really love the HTC products, I think they're better than any other Android manufacturers in many respects, but I fear they will continue to hemorrhage market share against the Samsung marketing powerhouse.

• Like 1

I agree that the delay sux.

While my upgrade officialy is not until July, my OG EVO is starting to act strange (rebooting on its own, locking up, etc), and I am ready to upgrade.

Any news on the release would be great.

Just

My upgrade was in June but I got Sprint to bump it up early. I just registered for the HTC Trade up program. For fun I thought I would see how much they would give me for my Touch Pro 2 and come to find out they will still give $100 for the TP2.

gone daddy gone, the one is gone....yeah it's gone daddy gone...the one is gone....

not Blister in the Sun...song is Gone Daddy Gone.

but agreed...HTC should have had the forethought to have these bad boys ready to hit stores as soon as it was announced. Get all the ducks in a row and say "HEY check out this killer phone and oh yeah you can buy it TOMORROW!"

This^

If apple can basically do this every single year no reason why htc can't do it. There shouldn't any reason why this phone should be announced in February then released a month or two later. Right now, even though the gs4 has the One beat when it comes to features it seems like the general consensus is that most would still prefer the one of the gs4. HTC is basically giving away sales with their lack of urgency, but hey what do I know, I am just some dude posting this on a forum. I am sure they are paying someone big money to make these kinds of decisions. As far as a release date on sprint I wouldn't be surprised if its released in may, thats my guess anyway.

Edit: I am just gonna go ahead and throw out a date of may 4th, you heard it here first. LOL!!!

Disclosure: This is just a guess, I have no bases other than this phone isn't coming out any time soon on sprint IMO.

• Like 1