HTC One preview thread (was "Any M7 takers?")

Feech

This^

If apple can basically do this every single year no reason why htc can't do it. There shouldn't any reason why this phone should be announced in February then released a month or two later. Right now, even though the gs4 has the One beat when it comes to features it seems like the general consensus is that most would still prefer the one of the gs4. HTC is basically giving away sales with their lack of urgency, but hey what do I know, I am just some dude posting this on a forum. I am sure they are paying someone big money to make these kinds of decisions. As far as a release date on sprint I wouldn't be surprised if its released in may, thats my guess anyway.

Edit: I am just gonna go ahead and throw out a date of may 4th, you heard it here first. LOL!!!

Disclosure: This is just a guess, I have no bases other than this phone isn't coming out any time soon on sprint IMO.

After preregistering for the $100 trade in deal, HTC advised you need to purchase the One before April 26th :). So if it is May 4th, I guess that's HTC's round about way of ensuring nobody gets the $100 trade in deal haha

This^

If apple can basically do this every single year no reason why htc can't do it. There shouldn't any reason why this phone should be announced in February then released a month or two later. Right now, even though the gs4 has the One beat when it comes to features it seems like the general consensus is that most would still prefer the one of the gs4. HTC is basically giving away sales with their lack of urgency, but hey what do I know, I am just some dude posting this on a forum. I am sure they are paying someone big money to make these kinds of decisions. As far as a release date on sprint I wouldn't be surprised if its released in may, thats my guess anyway.

Edit: I am just gonna go ahead and throw out a date of may 4th, you heard it here first. LOL!!!

Disclosure: This is just a guess, I have no bases other than this phone isn't coming out any time soon on sprint IMO.

That's star wars day! May the 4th be with you!

Please let this be true...

http://www.gforgames...e-date-2-32574/

Release date next week? Is that even possible at this point?

Just read the same article and checked here for discussion... I think HTC knows it needs the phone IN HANDS here asap. Will we see sell outs and shortages... probably, but that raises the hype.

Even if there is a shortage they need to get what they have into people's hands. That will lead to first hand impressions. which if they're good, will lead to good buzz. People are willing to wait for a good phone if they know they're in the pipeline. Look how long people waited for the Nexus 4. If for some reason they (HTC) think it's going to flop they'll want to release as many as they can all at the same time time before too many people start grumbling. For me, if I start reading in the user forums that real user experience is excellent I will wait for it...unless something better comes along ;).

• Like 1

^ what he said

If the early reviews are "killer battery life...camera is epic...faster than my PC at home" types then I'll wait through sell outs and backorders....but if they're just fair-ta-middlin, then it'll be an enticement to wait for the GS4.

This sort of reminds me of the auto show concept car....look at all the awesomeness it brings and then wait and see if it actually shows up on a dealer floor.

The reviews I've read so far have been nothing but positive, in regards to both the performance (no lag) and battery life. The camera has been a mixed bag, but I expected that. Hopefully, the ability to turn on/off Blinkfeed gets added and a few minor tweaks to Sense 5, and I think the phone will do well. Now HTC just has to market the hell out of it to make it a success.

• Like 1

Even if initial numbers are low, getting the phone to market needs to a be a primary objective for HTC. The buzz with a lack of inventory could even stimulate a sort of "second marketing push" because people won't get them right away. Word of mouth and hype could keep the One rolling, even if HTC doesn't spend a lot in marketing dollars to keep the public interested.

• Like 1

Someone in the comments of the article above linked to a news story about a patent dispute with Nokia as a reason for the delay. This is the first I've heard of that, and its from a site I've never heard of.

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2013/3/21/htc-dealt-patent-and-htc-one-supply-chain-blows.aspx

I am still going with may 4th on sprint, thats my guess and I am sticking to it.

Edit: the first friday of may is the 3rd not the 4th.

I am still going with may 4th on sprint, thats my guess and I am sticking to it.

Make it May 3rd to coincide with the Friday release schedule that Sprint is doing now :P
  • Like 1

Make it May 3rd to coincide with the Friday release schedule that Sprint is doing now :P

Actually, I thought the 4th was friday thats why I picked it, thanks for the correction. So yeah, May 3rd, you heard it hear first.

• Like 1

Someone in the comments of the article above linked to a news story about a patent dispute with Nokia as a reason for the delay. This is the first I've heard of that, and its from a site I've never heard of.

http://www.brightsid...hain-blows.aspx

Seems like anyone and their grandma has a tech "blog" these days that simply regurgitates "news" from other links & sites and almost always includes the requisite Android/iPhone comparison and wishy-washy opinion on the latest Android phone as an 'iPhone Killer".

No phone will ever be an iPhone killer. Period. End of Story. My mom, dad, step mom all have iPhones - why? because they are simple and require virtually no learning curve to operate. They don't care about specs, rooting/jailbreaking, screen sizes or ppi, and for the most part use minimal apps. They like that they can take calls and read emails and occasional texts. They are in their 60's. Hell I doubt they even use them much for music if at all.

I venture that 99% of iPhone users have never heard of Cydia...I just wish everyone would get off the comparison train - it's rare for anyone to switch and discussions usually end up in fanboy ranting.

HTC just needs to get it's act together on multiple fronts, or the GS4 will crush them into dust.

Seems like anyone and their grandma has a tech "blog" these days that simply regurgitates "news" from other links & sites and almost always includes the requisite Android/iPhone comparison and wishy-washy opinion on the latest Android phone as an 'iPhone Killer".

No phone will ever be an iPhone killer. Period. End of Story. My mom, dad, step mom all have iPhones - why? because they are simple and require virtually no learning curve to operate. They don't care about specs, rooting/jailbreaking, screen sizes or ppi, and for the most part use minimal apps. They like that they can take calls and read emails and occasional texts. They are in their 60's. Hell I doubt they even use them much for music if at all.

I venture that 99% of iPhone users have never heard of Cydia...I just wish everyone would get off the comparison train - it's rare for anyone to switch and discussions usually end up in fanboy ranting.

HTC just needs to get it's act together on multiple fronts, or the GS4 will crush them into dust.

Well the gs4 will probably crush the One's sales anyway but HTC could at least stop their own bleeding and get back on their feet somewhat if this phone was available for the masses already.

that's what I mean. I don't hold any notions that HTC sales of the one will be more than a distant 3rd to the GS4 and whatever iteration of iPhone comes out this fall. But if you had 100k people with a ONE before a GS4 then they can create the buzz and load the net with its (assumed) awesomeness...

Wouldn't put it past Sammy to hold the GS4 until they know when the ONE is actually available and then VOILA...GS4 hits the shelves.

Well the gs4 will probably crush the One's sales anyway...

Fine by me. Samsung plastic handsets are for the throngs of commoners.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

I got that email too.. I just don't see the point of the S4, why do i want the same phone that came out last year? With the HTC One it at least looks different and hopefully very durable. Im still dealing with my Samsung's cracked screen..

Samsung passed on innovation for a bigger S3, how lazy. Worst part? People are eating it without breathing, why?

Now HTC just needs to pull the knife out of their foot and get the damn thing shipped out!

• Like 1