HTC One preview thread (was "Any M7 takers?")

Feech

According to phonescoop, ATT&T is claiming the only US vendor to supply 64GB model. I am really sick of exclusive deals!

If AT&T is any indication, though, the One will have a price advantage over the Galaxy S4, $199 to $249.

AJ

Wow 32 GB for only $200. That is a pretty good deal but of course it doesn't have removable storage so it only makes sense that it contains 32 GB stock.

I'll definitely be checking out the HTC One at the Sprint stores but I will not be a buyer.

Yes.. You get Unlimited Data!!! :lol:

I guess I can't argue with that.

Any freebie's from sprint if you pre-order?

Do you have an old device to send back to HTC? I signed up for the HTC $100 deal and surprisingly they will still give me $100 for my TP2.

That should help some if you are buying off contract.

Do you have an old device to send back to HTC? I signed up for the HTC $100 deal and surprisingly they will still give me $100 for my TP2.

Right now the only devices I have laying around are two ppc-6700's(Apache), everything else I ebay'd.

That is a no brainer if you can still get $100 for an old HTC TP2.

So who all is going to pick up the one on the 19th? I'm pretty sure at this point I am.

Thought about maybe starting a thread to compare One performance vs EVO LTE in regards to LTE. Performance as in sitting in one specific location and testing the RSRP of the One and EVO LTE at the same time, picking up and holding a LTE signal while moving around, etc. I'm hoping it is improved with the One in all those areas.

• Like 1

So who all is going to pick up the one on the 19th? I'm pretty sure at this point I am.

Thought about maybe starting a thread to compare One performance vs EVO LTE in regards to LTE. Performance as in sitting in one specific location and testing the RSRP of the One and EVO LTE at the same time, picking up and holding a LTE signal while moving around, etc. I'm hoping it is improved with the One in all those areas.

What the hell, I will get it on the 19th but what I will do is move my evo over to my other line and retire my gnex. I will also be back in atlanta on the 18th so I can make decent comparisons for anyone else that wants to know how it performs as far as lte connectivity goes.

• Like 1

This says its $199 for a NEW 2 year. Will I not get it at that price if I'm just upgrading? Or does renewing the contract count?

If you qualify for an upgrade then you will get it for that price but of course you will have to renew your contract as well.

Getting this phone is mildly tempting but I'm pretty satisfied with my Evo LTE. My dad gets an upgrade this year... maybe I'll get this for him. Or give him my phone :D

Edited by Jaggrey

Has anyone seen any unsubsidized pricing (on AT&T or Sprint)?

I, too, am curious, but my guess is about $600, which is patently ridiculous and reveals the farce in the subsidy system.

AJ

I, too, am curious, but my guess is about $600, which is patently ridiculous and reveals the farce in the subsidy system.

AJ

Not sure where I read this but I heard that the sprint version will be $549