HTC One preview thread (was "Any M7 takers?")

Feech

Samsung passed on innovation for a bigger S3, how lazy. Worst part? People are eating it without breathing, why?

Samsung wants to be Apple.

I'm just looking forward to the release of the HTC One.

My current OG EVO is starting to act weird (random reboots, freezes, etc) , and I ready to upgrade...even if costs me a bit for an early upgrade (3 months) since my offical upgrade is not until July.

My current OG EVO is starting to act weird (random reboots, freezes, etc) , and I ready to upgrade...even if costs me a bit for an early upgrade (3 months) since my offical upgrade is not until July.

You might be eligible to get Sprint to push up your upgrade for $50. Might be worth a shot if your OG is about to crap out and you are wanting to get the One on launch.
  • Like 1

You might be eligible to get Sprint to push up your upgrade for $50. Might be worth a shot if your OG is about to crap out and you are wanting to get the One on launch.

Thanks!

I'll do that...how do you suggest I contact Sprint...e-mail or phone?

Thanks!

I'll do that...how do you suggest I contact Sprint...e-mail or phone?

I would call them up and ask if you can get your upgrade pushed up. It is only available to certain customers but if you are eligible and so close to your upgrade date it should be $50.
  • Like 1

I would call them up and ask if you can get your upgrade pushed up. It is only available to certain customers but if you are eligible and so close to your upgrade date it should be $50.

Thanks!

I'll do that!

Im kind of worried about this, they still don't look that sharp. I have a 5MP cam on my Samsung Epic and it takes ok pictures but some come out really bad. I wish they would of at least gone up to 8MP because it feels like a downgrade and im not really buying this "ultrapixel" thing. But then again if they had the damn thing out i could see for myself..

• Like 2

Im kind of worried about this, they still don't look that sharp. I have a 5MP cam on my Samsung Epic and it takes ok pictures but some come out really bad. I wish they would of at least gone up to 8MP because it feels like a downgrade and im not really buying this "ultrapixel" thing. But then again if they had the damn thing out i could see for myself..

This phone will still be my wifes upgrade because she likes how it looks(don't get me started). But Im, a little leary on the camera. Not sure if the trade off on low light pictures versus quality on the zoom is worth it. One of the great things about cell phone cameras is they tend to take awesome fireworks pictures because they have a slow shutter speed. I wonder if you would have to change the seeings on the one to get similar performance.
  • Like 1

This phone will still be my wifes upgrade because she likes how it looks(don't get me started). But Im, a little leary on the camera. Not sure if the trade off on low light pictures versus quality on the zoom is worth it. One of the great things about cell phone cameras is they tend to take awesome fireworks pictures because they have a slow shutter speed. I wonder if you would have to change the seeings on the one to get similar performance.

I just really like the all in one thing. I don't want to carry a phone, mp3 player, gps, etc.. soi would use it as my everyday cam and I really want it to take nice pictures. Its nice to have the lowlight feature but I'm taking shots in the day time a lot. Even with my crap epic 4g I can't really zoom in with out the picture looking like crap. I don't want the cam to bethe reason I don't get the thing but I'm just not sure yet.

• Like 2

I just really like the all in one thing. I don't want to carry a phone, mp3 player, gps, etc.. soi would use it as my everyday cam and I really want it to take nice pictures. Its nice to have the lowlight feature but I'm taking shots in the day time a lot. Even with my crap epic 4g I can't really zoom in with out the picture looking like crap. I don't want the cam to bethe reason I don't get the thing but I'm just not sure yet.

I agree. Unfortunately for me, it is not a big deal for my wife because she will just use my phone to take pictures like she does now :angry:
  • Like 1

Well zoom on any camera affects the quality cuz it's digital zoom. They crop the picture then blow it up to the original resolution, which makes the quality of the picture suffer.

I'm in Tampa for a week and when I landed I had LTE. Thing is...it is really hard to keep it from forcing 3G mode. I updated the profile and PRL. If this is how the EVO is going to be I'm definitely getting a new device once LTE comes to my hometown. Hopefully the HTC One will be a better LTE handset.

I'm in Tampa for a week and when I landed I had LTE. Thing is...it is really hard to keep it from forcing 3G mode. I updated the profile and PRL. If this is how the EVO is going to be I'm definitely getting a new device once LTE comes to my hometown. Hopefully the HTC One will be a better LTE handset.

On paper it looks to have an improvement but we will definitely know good or bad once the handset gets in S4GRU users hands :)
  • Like 1

Even though the evo has its lte issues your experience is far from ideal for you to cast any judgement on how it will perform once an area is reasonably covered. In any event though, it does look like the htc one will perform better based on what we can tell so far.

It's all a conspiracy! Once they release a new phone they activate a little bug on your phone so that it starts acting up, hence making you want to get a new phone...! -Luis

• Like 1

The camera should be great. Plus, rumor says there will already be a camera update similar to the one the HTC EVO got which improved main camera and greatly improved the front camera. And another rumor is 4.2 jellybean within the next few months after launch.

The camera should be great. Plus, rumor says there will already be a camera update similar to the one the HTC EVO got which improved main camera and greatly improved the front camera. And another rumor is 4.2 jellybean within the next few months after launch.

We can only hope so! :D

We can only hope so! :D

I know as of right now is that Zoe feature is looking pretty awesome! The blindfeed is really cool for those who will use it. I don't see myself really using it as of now, however that could change. The IR control is pretty cool to, it can do TV guide for pretty much all cable providers and even if your TV is set up with a regular HD antenna.

I know as of right now is that Zoe feature is looking pretty awesome! The blindfeed is really cool for those who will use it. I don't see myself really using it as of now, however that could change. The IR control is pretty cool to, it can do TV guide for pretty much all cable providers and even if your TV is set up with a regular HD antenna.

Can't wait to mess with the ir function. I haven't been able to find my remote for years and it would be nice to fix some settings on it. As for the zoe pictures I'm not sure if I would like them or not. If I can toggle them or choose when I want the phone use it then that would be great!

• Like 1

Can't wait to mess with the ir function. I haven't been able to find my remote for years and it would be nice to fix some settings on it. As for the zoe pictures I'm not sure if I would like them or not. If I can toggle them or choose when I want the phone use it then that would be great!

You will be able to turn zoe one or off. What's nice about doe is you can easily fix pictures if someone wasn't look or smiling at the camera. It can also do stills like what you would see in a skate or surf magazine, like action shots, but on a single image.

• Like 1