HTC One preview thread (was "Any M7 takers?")

Feech

Not sure where I read this but I heard that the sprint version will be $549

Really? Only $549? Wow, in that case, I'll take two.

;)

AJ

Really? Only $549? Wow, in that case, I'll take two.

;)

AJ

Best buy will have it for $700 :Phttp://www.bestbuy.com/site/HTC+-+One+4G+Mobile+Phone+-+Silver+%28Sprint%29/8352107.p;jsessionid=BDE51CCC1237DE8D68D6CB8EE837F9D7.bbolsp-app03-161?id=1218870774830&skuId=8352107&st=htc%20one&cp=1&lp=2&contract_desc=

Like muffinman, I believe I read $549 from Sprint as well. That was the same case with the EVO LTE when it came out. Bestbuy tried selling for $700 and Sprint sold it for $549.

Yeah, I can't for the life of me figure out where I read that but I do think $549 is a decent price.

...but I do think $549 is a decent price.

Eh, I can easily pay that and may end up paying that, but it is not a "decent price." If the subsidy system were banished, the price would be under $400, as it should be, because competition would force the middlemen to take smaller than their currently well marbled cuts.

AJ

Eh, I can easily pay that and may end up paying that, but it is not a "decent price." If the subsidy system were banished, the price would be under $400, as it should be, because competition would force the middlemen to take smaller than their currently well marbled cuts.

AJ

I agree but what other choice do we have?

Yeah, I can't for the life of me figure out where I read that but I do think $549 is a decent price.

I just confirmed the $549 retail price via Sprint eChat.

AJ

Has the dual antenna system on the One got you intrigued? I'm interested to see how the One will perform compared to the GS3 and Note2.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Has the dual antenna system on the One got you intrigued? I'm interested to see how the One will perform compared to the GS3 and Note2.

I was confused about what the dual antenna does. Is it a evdo and lte antenna?

I would think so. If not you can just pre-order online.

Sounds good, how much I gotta put down?

Sounds good, how much I gotta put down?

You probably will have to pay for the whole thing.

I really want to get my hands on this phone again. After seeing it at the launch event, I was very impressed, and want to see if all the little quirks which bugged me about the LTEvo were fixed.

I was confused about what the dual antenna does. Is it a evdo and lte antenna?

Here was a summarization from AJ about the dual antenna system.

First, the dual antenna system is optimized for CDMA1X/EV-DO on antenna 0 and LTE on antenna 1. But as long as only one antenna is in use (i.e. SVLTE is not active), the dual antennas can be switched at will to combat an RF fade at one antenna but not the other. Second, LTE max EIRP has been increased by 4 dB over that of the EVO LTE. Furthermore, LTE EIRP has been maximized around the 1912.5 MHz center frequency, 5 MHz FDD carrier bandwidth configuration that Sprint is currently deploying nationwide in its PCS G block spectrum. In short, the Sprint variant of the HTC One has been tweaked specifically for the Sprint LTE network.

I think this is a similar dual antenna system setup like the iPhone 5 if I am not mistaken.

HTC One Review on BGR-

"The HTC One is the best Android smartphone in the world — period. It combines some of the best materials with the most incredible screen I’ve seen, and is the fastest and most responsive Android phone I have used."

http://bgr.com/2013/04/01/htc-one-review-401858/?utm_source=trending-widget&utm_medium=home

• Like 1

You probably will have to pay for the whole thing.

Just called my buddy at my local corporate Sprint store, and he told me $50 down. Awesome!

• Like 1

Just called my buddy at my local corporate Sprint store, and he told me $50 down. Awesome!

Oh ok cool.

HTC One Review on BGR-

"The HTC One is the best Android smartphone in the world — period. It combines some of the best materials with the most incredible screen I’ve seen, and is the fastest and most responsive Android phone I have used."

http://bgr.com/2013/04/01/htc-one-review-401858/?utm_source=trending-widget&utm_medium=home

I liked the comments. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

50 bucks?? I'm gunna go tell everybody!

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

I could not stop laughing at that commercial... Oh lord. That's too funny.

I can't wait till this phone comes out, it's about damn time!

-Luis

How do you get this $50 off deal? So your getting it for $149?

Best buy ran a promotion around the beginning of the year. All you had to do was signup and you would get $50 off a cell phone purchase at any point during the year.

Just a reminder, it looks like today (April 4th) is the last day to sign up for the $100 gift card.

Also, I wonder if they have any way of verifying whether the devices we send in are actually active on our account at the time of purchase. Anyone have any thoughts? I mean, I don't have a problem activating my Mogul when I make my preorder, but I don't know if they might argue that the time of purchase is when it ships.

7.2 Program Requirements. In order to participate in the HTC One Upgrade Program you must have an eligible used device as defined by the on-line Tool. You can identify if the used device is eligible by utilizing the drop down menus to pick the make, model, and carrier for the used device. If you cannot find the make or model and believe this is in error, you can contact the program administrator at Clover Wireless. The Program is only valid within the United States. You must be a minimum of 18 years of age to participate. The Program is not valid on stolen property. There is a maximum of one (1) trade-in utilizing HTC One Upgrade promotion per registrant. A valid proof of purchase is a) an original invoice with the IMEI number printed on it or B) a copy of the UPC code with the IMEI code printed on it. A copy of a UPC code is only permitted once as a valid Proof of Purchases. Clover Wireless has the right to reject any trade-ins for promotional trade-in submissions where 1) the used device is submitted by anyone other than the user of the used device and 2) when the used device was not active at the time of the new device purchase and 3) the trade-in voucher was not agreed to by you and 4) there is an invalid proof of purchase or 5) we believe there to be fraudulent intentions. Without a valid Proof of Purchase, you will not be paid the promotional trade-up amount.