Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

You probably don't need 1x800 wherever you are. People feel this need to always have to be on 1x800. It's no different, other than propagation. If it's present, and your phone needs it, you'll connect to it, and only be able to see the connection during a call on triband devices. You'll always be idling on 1xRTT.

Interesting, I was wondering why it always snapped back to 1xRTT. What if you're out of range of 1xRTT, it must be possible to idle on 1x800 in certain circumstances right?

It also depends on what phone you have.

So I was just wondering why I don't connect to 800 after the towers went to 4g? I know they are and I connected before but not any more. Not really a big deal but just curious if there is a logical reason why. Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Interesting, I was wondering why it always snapped back to 1xRTT. What if you're out of range of 1xRTT, it must be possible to idle on 1x800 in certain circumstances right?

Im wondering why if my 1xRTT is weak at lets say -105 dbm, when should it switch over to 1x800 to get a more stable connection?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

You probably don't need 1x800 wherever you are. People feel this need to always have to be on 1x800. It's no different, other than propagation. If it's present, and your phone needs it, you'll connect to it, and only be able to see the connection during a call on triband devices. You'll always be idling on 1xRTT.

Given that hd voice only works on 800 I think eventually phones will default to the 1x carrier in the 800 spectrum in the future. I am pretty sure this has been stated by sprit or has been highly eluded to. This will probably happen when 800 is more ubiquitous.

Given that hd voice only works on 800 I think eventually phones will default to the 1x carrier in the 800 spectrum in the future. I am pretty sure this has been stated by sprit or has been highly eluded to. This will probably happen when 800 is more ubiquitous.

I don't think this is true. If it only worked on 800, people would only be able to utilize HD voice in areas where 1xRTT was weak. Not optimal. 

• Like 1

Yeah, that's not correct. HD voice works on 1XRTT (1900) as well as 1X 800.

• Like 2

In addition to this not being correct (HD Voice can be deployed on 1900), Sprint has recently done just the opposite with the recent updates, which keeps users on 1900 whenever possible.

-Mike

• Like 1

Yeah, that's not correct. HD voice works on 1XRTT (1900) as well as 1X 800.

Hd voice works only on 1x advanced and that is only being deployed in the 800 spectrum for sprint. It can be deploy in1900 but sprint has decided not to.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/special-reports/1x-advanced-rev-b-or-ev-do-advanced-cdma-network-migration-path-unclear

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5726/sprint-hd-voice-on-htc-evo-4g-lte-is-evrcnw-1x-advanced

http://www.extremetech.com/electronics/125235-what-is-hd-voice

You are correct in that HD voice only works when 1X Advanced is deployed but I can promise you that Sprint is deploying 1X Advanced on both 1900 and 800Mhz frequencies. I have had many HD voice calls here in Jacksonville, FL and was connected to 1XRTT the whole time.

• Like 2

You are correct in that HD voice only works when 1X Advanced is deployed but I can promise you that Sprint is deploying 1X Advanced on both 1900 and 800Mhz frequencies. I have had many HD voice calls here in Jacksonville, FL and was connected to 1XRTT the whole time.

I don't know why sprint would be quite about the fact that they are deploying 1×advance on 1900. I have not seen a statement from sprint saying 1xadvance on 1900.

That thread never settled on an answer. In any case no one there provided a statement from sprint saying 1xadvanced was being deployed on 1900 and I have never heard sprint say they where going all the way back to the early days of NV and the webinar they put out have only ever said 1 xadvanced was being deployed on 800. Since hd voice requires 1x advanced hd voice is only on 800. If you have information about sprint's plans saying that they are deploying on 1900 I would love to see as it would be news to me and I like finding out new things.

That thread never settled on an answer. In any case no one there provided a statement from sprint saying 1xadvanced was being deployed on 1900 and I have never heard sprint say they where going all the way back to the early days of NV and the webinar they put out have only ever said 1 xadvanced was being deployed on 800. Since hd voice requires 1x advanced hd voice is only on 800. If you have information about sprint's plans saying that they are deploying on 1900 I would love to see as it would be news to me and I like finding out new things.

My apologies

If you are looking for written documentation, in the below thread, Robert clearly states Sprint will deploy 1X Advanced on 1900MHz PCS.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4627-1x-advanced-on-1900mhz/

My apologies

If you are looking for written documentation, in the below thread, Robert clearly states Sprint will deploy 1X Advanced on 1900MHz PCS.

I am not trying to be peevish about this but I clicked the link you provided and went through the tread, Robert doesn't even have a post in it and no one states 1x advance will be deployed on 1900. I not saying your wrong but I have never heard anything from sprint saying they where doing this and for the life of me I can't understand why they would do it and be quite about it.
  • Like 1

My apologies

I am not trying to be peevish about this but I clicked the link you provided and went through the tread, Robert doesn't even have a post in it and no one states 1x advance will be deployed on 1900. I not saying your wrong but I have never heard anything from sprint saying they where doing this and for the life of me I can't understand why they would do it and be quite about it.

I must of copied the wrong link it's in this one and here's a screenshot of the post

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/255-how-fast-is-1x-advanced/

Screenshot_2014-03-06-10-21-36.png

• Like 2

Guest DigiClaws

I'm not sure how you would tell that you are using HD Voice other than what the call sounds like. Here in Fort Worth I've made numerous calls on 1xRTT that have a significant difference in quality than my calls a few months ago. It has to be HD Voice. Details below:

Channel: 450

Band Class: 1

SID: 4120

NID:311

Base ID: 23962

State: Trf Conv

UE, 1xADV Supported: 1

I'm not sure how you would tell that you are using HD Voice other than what the call sounds like. Here in Fort Worth I've made numerous calls on 1xRTT that have a significant difference in quality than my calls a few months ago. It has to be HD Voice. Details below:

While in a call you can look at your 1x Engineering Screen. The Service Option lets you know if you are on HD Voice or not. Sometimes instead of saying "Service Option" it say "SO". I don't remember what number is HD Voice though. It may be 7 or something like that.

Sprint has deployed 1xAdvanced on a lot of 1900MHz.  According to a Samsung engineer I spoke with about a year ago, Sprint is not deploying 1xA on all NV 1900 carriers.  At the time, he didn't understand why.  But they appeared to be avoiding 1xA on lower usage sites and in rural areas, including a lot of GMO sites.  He said that all throughout Chicago metro area, Sprint deployed 1xA on 1900MHz.  But he knows around Freeport and Rochelle, they did not.

It definitely has happened, but I do not know the full scope or status of it nationwide.

Robert

Sprint has deployed 1xAdvanced on a lot of 1900MHz. According to a Samsung engineer I spoke with about a year ago, Sprint is not deploying 1xA on all NV 1900 carriers. At the time, he didn't understand why. But they appeared to be avoiding 1xA on lower usage sites and in rural areas, including a lot of GMO sites. He said that all throughout Chicago metro area, Sprint deployed 1xA on 1900MHz. But he knows around Freeport and Rochelle, they did not.

It definitely has happened, but I do not know the full scope or status of it nationwide.

Robert

Is 1x advanced backwards compatible?

Is 1x advanced backwards compatible?

Yes.  But it will cause the capacity of the new 1xA carrier to drop if it is full of devices that are not 1xA capable.

Robert

While in a call you can look at your 1x Engineering Screen. The Service Option lets you know if you are on HD Voice or not. Sometimes instead of saying "Service Option" it say "SO". I don't remember what number is HD Voice though. It may be 7 or something like that.

73 I believe

• Like 1

If you are unsure whether you are on HD Voice or not, you probably are not. It is a very clear difference in call quality. If anyone has used VIber VoIP (wifi) calls it the voice quality sounds similar to that, as both are wideband (HD).