Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

check this out, hd voice on pcs, on my nexus 5..

attachicon.giffield test.png

Maybe.  Unless the Nexus 5 is indicating EVRC-NW only for HD Voice, it could be operating in the narrowband mode.

AJ

Maybe.  Unless the Nexus 5 is indicating EVRC-NW only for HD Voice, it could be operating in the narrowband mode.

AJ

i think it's EVRC-N + not even proper pcs, it was on 800, (even though field test call the channel *PCS* as though it were 1900)

i went back to check, this time in signalcheck pro, calling the house again.. check this out.. -

post-34129-0-71870400-1394312079_thumb.png

then -

post-34129-0-28142800-1394312108_thumb.png

the nexus 5 is set to *lte only* in prefered network type

& *automatic* in system type (i think it helped with the phone app freezing on incoming calls related to e-csfb)..

but anyways, my former photos IS NOT proof of HD calling through the higher 1.9 channel.. but i'm not saying it's not happening based on that..

I have always assumed that Virgin Mobile users would get access to 800Mhz if their phone was capable.. I have the F3 so it is able to receive it.. Anyone with a Virgin Mobile phone actually have access to 800Mhz?  According to the maps only one tower in my area has 800Mhz installed but it is the tower beside work.  I have never received any 800 voice single but have always assumed it is just turned off.. i know most of East TN NV isn't finished yet and doesn't have 800.  

PRL is 33030 which I believe is also the VM prl for S3 and several other 4g LTE devices..

Main reason I have stuck with VM is for 800 when officially launched bc I love the sprint 4G LTE.  I am done with postpaid so going with regular Sprint will not happen! HAHA to many problems with every post paid carrier I have ever had.  I love the freedom to do as I please whenever.   

Buy a new phone and activate on framily without contract. You cash pick up an s4 mini or nexus 5 for under 400 and have tons of freedom. Plus network priority and full access to network features.

I have always assumed that Virgin Mobile users would get access to 800Mhz if their phone was capable.. I have the F3 so it is able to receive it.. Anyone with a Virgin Mobile phone actually have access to 800Mhz?  According to the maps only one tower in my area has 800Mhz installed but it is the tower beside work.  I have never received any 800 voice single but have always assumed it is just turned off.. i know most of East TN NV isn't finished yet and doesn't have 800.  

PRL is 33030 which I believe is also the VM prl for S3 and several other 4g LTE devices..

Main reason I have stuck with VM is for 800 when officially launched bc I love the sprint 4G LTE.  I am done with postpaid so going with regular Sprint will not happen! HAHA to many problems with every post paid carrier I have ever had.  I love the freedom to do as I please whenever.   

My girlfriend has the HTC Desire and picked up 1x800 in Indianapolis this past week.

Great that's what I wanted to hear!!! I believe the desire has the same 33030 PRL in most markets.

As for the framley plan comment I would but I have $300 cash from referrals in my account and network priority has never been a issue for me on VM. I have titans season tickets and both Verizon and T-Mobile where useless during games. Never had a problem on Virgin. I listen to the live broadcast streaming via my phone during games now. In the past with Verizon I couldn't even check fantasy scores or send text very well.

Other areas maybe different but here I love VM and the guaranteed price (Framley someone drops out, it goes up until replaced) plus with framely I would need the unlimited data add on so it wouldn't rlly even save money. I use 10+GB a month usually

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Buy a new phone and activate on framily without contract. You cash pick up an s4 mini or nexus 5 for under 400 and have tons of freedom. Plus network priority and full access to network features.

Not trying to pick a fight, but buying a new phone and switching wireless providers seems like a bit of an overreaction to simply questioning whether or not CDMA 800 is available on a Sprint-owned network..!

-Mike

• Like 3

While on a call just now on PCS my 1x Engineering Screen showed service option 73 which is HD Voice. I noticed all of my calls sounding clearer so I thought I'd give it a look.

How much that correlates to having 1x Advanced, I have no idea.

• Like 1

I saw 1x on 800 with my Nexus 5 west of Fredericksburg, TX on Tuesday...around nine miles west! Probably a good six or seven miles from the (tall) tower service probably originated from. Voice calls were fine, data existed but was slow, and an area that normally has slim to zero cell reception had reception :)

• Like 5

Someone over at Hofo told me to come here to find out where 800SMR 1XA has been deployed.  I can't find anything here.  Is it right under my nose?  Trying to find out when it will deploy in Charlotte, NC, and Syracuse, NY.

Someone over at Hofo told me to come here to find out where 800SMR 1XA has been deployed.  I can't find anything here.  Is it right under my nose?  Trying to find out when it will deploy in Charlotte, NC, and Syracuse, NY.

S4GRU provides that information to sponsors.  Sponsors are what keep the site running and the information flowing, to cover the operational costs.  If you donate $20 or more to become a basic level sponsor, you'll have access to the map of 3G/4G (1900 Mhz LTE)/800 (1x only) updates.

• Like 6

I saw 1x on 800 with my Nexus 5 west of Fredericksburg, TX on Tuesday...around nine miles west! Probably a good six or seven miles from the (tall) tower service probably originated from. Voice calls were fine, data existed but was slow, and an area that normally has slim to zero cell reception had reception :)

That's great to hear!

This thread here will give you the number of acceptances (and dates) in different markets --> http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3913-network-vision-site-acceptance-report-updates/

I would also suggest you take a look at Everything 800mhz thread. It has a lot of general information on the subject. By going through the first thread you will see that some 1x 800 has been deployed in some locations of the Charlotte Market. Syracuse, NY may be a ways off do to its proximity with Canada (see the Everythin 800 thread for details)

But PythonFan beat me to the rest. The other information (along with the maps) is eye opening!

Someone over at Hofo told me to come here to find out where 800SMR 1XA has been deployed. I can't find anything here. Is it right under my nose? Trying to find out when it will deploy in Charlotte, NC, and Syracuse, NY.

As stated above s4gru has internally sourced information on exactly what sites are live for what technology and their exact location. This information is available to all s4gru sponsors via an interactive map that has all 39,500 sprint cell sites location.

S4gru is a non profit educational site that is entirely ran by donations and on average need $15-20 per new sponsor to keep the lights on. Any amount is appreciated but don't give a dollar or two or three as PayPal takes more than the site gets.

From a glance it appears Charlotte NC has no 1x800 as of right now that we know of. This means that either the sources have not yet given us the info or there's something holding things up such as public safety rebranding which we know affects part of Florida and other places.

If you have any other question then feel free to ask!

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Encountered 1x 800 in Wichita Falls for the first time yesterday on a family members S3, and it seems like it may be relatively widely deployed here at this point. Also I must say while I was certainly expecting great coverage when it got deployed the results so far are beyond my expectations, we were in an area where a big building nearby blocks out the 1900 signal unless you are in very specific spots and the 800 signal was showing -78 in signal check with the phone showing nearly full bars.

This was awesome to see in an area where the Sprint coverage had been problematic to say the least, and if LTE on 800 has even half this much of an improvement in coverage its going to be awesome. Also despite trying just about everything I could think of I could not get my Nexus 5 to pick up the 1x 800 signal, but I'm okay with that for now since its awesome RF performance has been allowing me to hold a usable fringe LTE signal and usable 1x 1900 signal in areas like that.

• Like 1

Just thought that I would mention that my phone lit-up with strong 800 signal for a few seconds yesterday on International Drive in Tysons Corner VA. For reference, it was the portion of International Drive between Rt. 123 and Rt. 7.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

Has anyone had a LTE connection that says "unknown" for the band? My dad is visiting me and his g2 picked up a signal in my basement that was significantly stronger than usual, and had unknown under the lte engineering screen. Speed test pulled mid 20s, which I've never come close to indoors in my area on band 25.

I haven't been able to reproduce the connection so far (it connects to 25 and pulls normal strength/speed when I tried), but wonder if it might be band 26 here in Wheaton.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This thread here will give you the number of acceptances (and dates) in different markets --> http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3913-network-vision-site-acceptance-report-updates/

I would also suggest you take a look at Everything 800mhz thread. It has a lot of general information on the subject. By going through the first thread you will see that some 1x 800 has been deployed in some locations of the Charlotte Market. Syracuse, NY may be a ways off do to its proximity with Canada (see the Everythin 800 thread for details)

But PythonFan beat me to the rest. The other information (along with the maps) is eye opening!

Syracuse has CDMA1X 800 broadcasting now. There is an exclusionary zone around the city. Nothing is shown accepted on the maps yet but my Nexus 5 connects to it any time it drops from LTE to make or receive a call.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Has anyone had a LTE connection that says "unknown" for the band? My dad is visiting me and his g2 picked up a signal in my basement that was significantly stronger than usual, and had unknown under the lte engineering screen. Speed test pulled mid 20s, which I've never come close to indoors in my area on band 25.

I haven't been able to reproduce the connection so far (it connects to 25 and pulls normal strength/speed when I tried), but wonder if it might be band 26 here in Wheaton.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wheaton, IL? I've seen "unknown" before under band. Just go back to the main ##debug# screen and hit lte engineering. Sometimes mine gets stuck and just needs a refresh.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Syracuse has CDMA1X 800 broadcasting now. There is an exclusionary zone around the city. Nothing is shown accepted on the maps yet but my Nexus 5 connects to it any time it drops from LTE to make or receive a call.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

My N5 is acting the same way down in Binghamton. No actual acceptances (For the entire upstate ny market!) but it's definitely connecting, in the same way you described off of LTE. I hope we see something on the maps soon.