Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

In downtown milwauke the sprint signal can change from full bars to 0 bars block by block. That's just the nature of high rise buildings. You can easily be in the shadow of a building. Until this week I was downtown every weekday picking up packages. I worked after 5pm and had 30 stops. I had usable signal almost everywhere except during the summer festivals. I have seen improvements over the past 6 months and its only going to get better.

I'm surprised we have no accepted sites today. I have a weird feeling we'll be 4g launched soon. A few weeks ago I saw numbers that we were at 24% completion. With all of the outskirts West of 94 done now I'd think we're nearly accepted as a 4g market

I don't see it happening but I've been wrong before.

• Like 1

I was in Hartford on Saturday night, right off of 60 near Pike Lake, and was getting occasional 800 and low signal but usable LTE. I've never had good signal there, data usually dropped to 1X with 0-1 bars. LTE got stronger the closer I got to downtown Hartford, but I think I lost 800. Maybe was the tower on 83, but I don't know for sure. Main purpose out there wasn't looking for Sprint signal, so I didn't look at my phone very often :)

The tower on 83 in downtown Hartford is covering most of the city. It has been broadcasting 800 on and off. There is another tower south of the city, in Erin, off of 83 that has a fairly large foot print. When I drove around, solely to map on Sensorly, a few weeks back I was surprised at it's reach. There is another tower on the east side of the city that I did see folks working on at the same time they did the one downtown. I used to float between the two before NV upgrades, now the one in downtown's signal is so strong that I have never connected to it since the downtown one lit up, even when driving right past it coming into the city.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4

Well, the crew from the Prairie St water tower on edge of Fitchburg and Madison has moved to Home Tree this am! At Seminole and PD roughly, in Fitchburg. Trailer (same one from other site) on site and guys climbing the tower. I'm home today doing some painting so I'll try to get over there at some point. And around to other sites yet to be pictured in Madison. I think there appears to be 2 crews in our area.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I was going home yesterday and I saw people on the I-43/Brown Deer tower working again. I thought they had finished it? Anyway, they were up there again today. I would stop to talk to them, but I haven't been able to find time. Maybe if they are out tomorrow on my way home? Work is being done though, thats the good news.

Also, I don't know if anybody has noticed, but Sensorly has little blips of purple on and just of Mequon Rd on the east side of Mequon. I used to live over there, so I know that whole area is covered by the tower at the police station. That's encouraging to know that at the very least they were testing a site in Mequon. LTE is coming, and fast!

I'm surprised we have no accepted sites today. I have a weird feeling we'll be 4g launched soon. A few weeks ago I saw numbers that we were at 24% completion. With all of the outskirts West of 94 done now I'd think we're nearly accepted as a 4g market

Glad you are optimistic.  It sounds like there is a lot of work behind acceptance going on, but there is still work to be done.  For example, it doesn't appear anything has been done on the tower at I-94/83 even though a few miles north and a few miles south are both LTE accepted.  Also apparently the tower sightly east along I-94 is a Sprint tower..  no work done, either.

There are a lot of sites in Milwaukee. Wisconsin didn't start getting it's work done until May or June. Don't think about just Milwaukee but think about the big picture. We've come a long way in a semi short time.

I'd rather be optimistic and hope for the best then keep thinking negatively about the situation.

There are a lot of sites in Milwaukee. Wisconsin didn't start getting it's work done until May or June. Don't think about just Milwaukee but think about the big picture. We've come a long way in a semi short time.

I'd rather be optimistic and hope for the best then keep thinking negatively about the situation.

Yea, there's somewhere around 70+ sites just in Milwaukee and Waukesha counties. And there are alot of sites that DO have new panels up that aren't broadcasting yet. So once this back-log of mostly completed sites start to get accepted, things will be rollin.

Just from reading one of the other threads it sounded like there is a lot more to it than just complete work and flip a switch. Maybe the engineer that needs to sign off on it is in another market and hasn't made his way back? Who knows. We still have a long way to go but at least it sounds like there are still crews out doing work.

Well, the crew from the Prairie St water tower on edge of Fitchburg and Madison has moved to Home Tree this am! At Seminole and PD roughly, in Fitchburg. Trailer (same one from other site) on site and guys climbing the tower. I'm home today doing some painting so I'll try to get over there at some point. And around to other sites yet to be pictured in Madison. I think there appears to be 2 crews in our area.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Well, there was nothing on 12/18 and Seminole Hwy today (10/23).  I was roaming on the US Cellular network.  I do have a faint 3g signal at work (Whitney Way), but if I move around the building, I go back to roaming.  I don't know if this is a good sign or not.  Come to think about it, my service was pretty much unusable today (even in Sun Prairie).  I was roaming pretty much the entire drive in.  Hope that means they are getting the last bit of work done to flip the switch for LTE.

anyway....has anyone on the far east side of madison (east of 94) noticed stronger voice/3g in the past week or so?   I have gone from 0-1 bars at my desk to 3-4 recently.   Anyone else noticed a subtle change in signal strength?

mr.phoneguy's final words before being banned included the comment that we should enjoy running this site this way.  And you know what?  We do.  We enjoy it very much.  Because we remove trolls for the enjoyment of everyone else.

Robert

• Like 9

Also, I want to say a big thank you to the Wisconsin folks who were trying to moderate this troll.  Good job!  Thanks!

Robert

• Like 5

Old Sauk and Gammon at the church
gZTR0qM.jpg
Pleasant View Golf Course in Middleton
VhiXM3R.jpg
Tower on 113 near Middleton
6fEdJrq.jpg?1

Monona water tower again, now with panels
djXEZQw.jpg
Behind Super Walmart in Monona
K3I6ftM.jpg
Last but not least.....HOME TREE in Fitchburg at Seminole and PD!!!!!

RIq5V0L.jpg?1

• Like 2

Couldn't get a picture, but there was a crane working on the west Washington tower in Madison just now

Booyah!!  I just checked out most of the ones we were missing in Madison.  Most are all accounted for.  We are DUE for a big, big, big batch of acceptances and the entire city lighting up!!!!!

That was quite the little road trip I just went on.....

EDIT:  The one on the north side by the crazy house is done but I couldn't get a picture, no good angle without causing a serious crash. 

• Like 1

First of all, thank you Robert for clearing things up!  Now, onto the pictures!  Well, that makes sense why there's NO signal when I drove in this morning.  I was on East Washington last night (coming from and going to MATC) and I was roaming the entire time.  Someone mentioned that it's the hardware push getting things finished up before they techs break out the ice fishing gear....lets hope that' the case......

• Like 1

First of all, thank you Robert for clearing things up!  Now, onto the pictures!  Well, that makes sense why there's NO signal when I drove in this morning.  I was on East Washington last night (coming from and going to MATC) and I was roaming the entire time.  Someone mentioned that it's the hardware push getting things finished up before they techs break out the ice fishing gear....lets hope that' the case......

The moderators did all the work.  I just came by for the permanent ban.  :)

Robert

Just drove by the tower I connect to at home and there are workers up there and some nice new NV panels  :tu:.  Tower is at the corner of Duplainville and Lisbon in Sussex.  I'll have to drive around later this week to see if any of the other towers around here have work done.

• Like 1

I went by the I-43/Brown Deer tower again today on my way home and the workers are gone, however i did figure out what they had done. The NV panels previously were square in the middle between the legacy panels, but now they have been redirected, and the legacy panels were moved out of the way of the NV panels. So they didn't install anything new, they just changed the positioning of the NV and legacy panels.