Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

I hate to say this, but nothing to report on the West side of Madison (research park area). At least I can get a sprint signal (last week was horrible)! Hopefully I will see something during my lunch walk, if so, I will try and snap some pictures.

Hilldale and Fish Hatchery are the only 2 non NV equipment towers on the west side

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

FYI if you head south to Sprint's "mature" 4G market in Chicago.. It is having major issues right now. Look at the Chicago market topic. Users are getting low 3G-like speeds even at off peak times in the suburbs. Could be a problem of he USCC network interference because of the really low SNR values. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So in other words, to prevent interference in other markets, US Cellular will cease to exist in a few years.  :P

• Like 1

So in other words, to prevent interference in other markets, US Cellular will cease to exist in a few years.  :P

:)  Actually, Sprint bought out USCC network in Chicago.  They are combining them for more spectrum.

:)  Actually, Sprint bought out USCC network in Chicago.  They are combining them for more spectrum.

I know that one, but what i'm saying is that sprint should buy all of USCC nationwide.

• Like 2

To which post do you think he's referring? Link? Me thinks I reside in a city with such a description.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Guess you found it! Sorry, would have responded sooner but the only reason I was posting at the hour was I couldn't sleep .. :/

Milwaukee itself will be launched. I was informed of this last week. Should have been announced the 24th but we got nothing. No word on the hold up. But Milwaukee proper was listed. Not outlying cities.

Milwaukee will NOT be launched. If it is, I will donate $25 to the site. There is simply no way it can be, there are not enough sites completed. You should know this, you have access to the maps. 

• Like 1

smalltimehack, I'm not saying this as a call out, but if you're relying on Sprint sources on the ground...prepare to be disappointed. :(

Most of the time, they have conflicting and contradictory information. It sucks but that's the reality that we at S4GRU have to deal with. Fortunately we have the real tower layouts in our sponsor section so we can separate fact from fiction.

Guess you found it! Sorry, would have responded sooner but the only reason I was posting at the hour was I couldn't sleep .. :/

Milwaukee will NOT be launched. If it is, I will donate $25 to the site. There is simply no way it can be, there are not enough sites completed. You should know this, you have access to the maps.

I agree, the 4g is spotty and it still doesn't cover all parts of the city notably downtown and the central part of Milwaukee.

smalltimehack, I'm not saying this as a call out, but if you're relying on Sprint sources on the ground...prepare to be disappointed. :(

Most of the time, they have conflicting and contradictory information. It sucks but that's the reality that we at S4GRU have to deal with. Fortunately we have the real tower layouts in our sponsor section so we can separate fact from fiction.

And I have emails from my account rep who runs Wisconsin saying Milwaukee specifically will be launched. I have access to the maps as well so in fully aware of how it looks. When an email comes down that says we're up to be launched and it lists Milwaukee and not any other cities surrounding I think my statement is fairly accurate. Believe what you want though.

I'm a firm believer in trust but verify... Without you having access to what I do I understand the doubts.

No active work on the FH tower as of about 1/2 hour ago. There has clearly been some work done, and there is equipment on the ground as mmark said before, but I couldn't see anything on the tower itself.

Here are some pictures, maybe someone more experienced will notice something I didn't.

http://imgur.com/a/FUIzL

• Like 1

And I have emails from my account rep who runs Wisconsin saying Milwaukee specifically will be launched. I have access to the maps as well so in fully aware of how it looks. When an email comes down that says we're up to be launched and it lists Milwaukee and not any other cities surrounding I think my statement is fairly accurate. Believe what you want though.

I'm a firm believer in trust but verify... Without you having access to what I do I understand the doubts.

And those reps likely have the same information that I do.... that a launch will be occurring in the Milwaukee MARKET. What they don't realize, is that doesn't mean the city of Milwaukee, but rather just part of the market, which covers most of southern Wisconsin. 

• Like 1

Looking at the NV complete map I don't really understand why you guys don't believe Milwaukee will be launched. There are more than enough towers done to be close to 30% which qualifies as a launched market.

If you compare the Sprint.com/coverage maps to what we have on our maps it's pretty filled in.

Either way we'll get our answer when it comes...

Looking at the number of unaccepted towers with NV antennas on them in Madison, I wouldn't be surprised if the city about to be launched is Madison... happy thoughts :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

No active work on the FH tower as of about 1/2 hour ago. There has clearly been some work done, and there is equipment on the ground as mmark said before, but I couldn't see anything on the tower itself.

Here are some pictures, maybe someone more experienced will notice something I didn't.

http://imgur.com/a/FUIzL

Oh how very exciting.  Clearly nothing on the tower yet as its all sitting in the fence.  NICE WORK DUDE.  I think they dumped that there on Friday, cause I saw them in the same condition yesterday, but that stinkin' copper prevented me from creepin' a picture.  Surprised they weren't actively working there today.  Perhaps they moved over to the Hilldale location??

EDIT: Hopefully that cardboard was placed there by them and not the "neighborhood kids" cause that's not the greatest area.

Looking at the number of unaccepted towers with NV antennas on them in Madison, I wouldn't be surprised if the city about to be launched is Madison... happy thoughts :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Yup, I'm hopeful too considering that the crews I've spoke with didn't say there were any backhaul delays.  So it's a matter of getting them approved and inspected.  Also, I posted your pictures up to the In Progress thread from earlier, hope you don't mind. 

• Like 1

Looking at the NV complete map I don't really understand why you guys don't believe Milwaukee will be launched. There are more than enough towers done to be close to 30% which qualifies as a launched market.

If you compare the Sprint.com/coverage maps to what we have on our maps it's pretty filled in.

Either way we'll get our answer when it comes...

Umm.... the threshold is 40%+. 30% doesn't cut it.

• Like 1

Ha, it's Janesville. Nothing else in the Milwaukee Market.  Lame!  Paul Ryan can stream Pandora while he gets his pump on now at the gym. 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4922-sprint-launching-new-lte-cities-this-week/page-2&do=findComment&comment=227206

Thanks for the information Dkoellerwx!!

• Like 2

Yeah, woo.  That BIG MILWAUKEE launch is Janesville!!!

Hopefully tower crews will get a bunch of work done in the next day or so because a lot of rain is predicted mid/later this week.

I don't know how much that stalls installation but water+electronics never seemed to match...

FYI if you head south to Sprint's "mature" 4G market in Chicago.. It is having major issues right now. Look at the Chicago market topic. Users are getting low 3G-like speeds even at off peak times in the suburbs. Could be a problem of he USCC network interference because of the really low SNR values. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wow, that is one sobering, ominous read.

It also seems to be a problem unique to Chicago. Unfortunately for them. Hopefully someone figures out what is going on and they're able to fix it.

In all honesty, I would like to see Sprint/Softbank buy USCC and Cellcom and use their towers and spectrum for a bigger buildout. Something similar across the whole nation (as far as the regional ones like cellcom go as I realize USCC in nationwide). But I honestly think a good strategic move for Sprint would be to buy out USCC as a whole.

• Like 1

In all honesty, I would like to see Sprint/Softbank buy USCC and Cellcom and use their towers and spectrum for a bigger buildout. Something similar across the whole nation (as far as the regional ones like cellcom go as I realize USCC in nationwide). But I honestly think a good strategic move for Sprint would be to buy out USCC as a whole.

Cellcom looks like it's in bed with Verzion. However, a merger with USCC isn't out of the question. I think there are a lot of people that would like to see that.

Ha, it's Janesville. Nothing else in the Milwaukee Market.  Lame!  Paul Ryan can stream Pandora while he gets his pump on now at the gym. 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4922-sprint-launching-new-lte-cities-this-week/page-2&do=findComment&comment=227206

Thanks for the information Dkoellerwx!!

Yea Janesville! I might be going there Saturday. As for Paul Ryan? I grew upon the same block as he did. Just sayin.

• Like 1