Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

That could be... That's actually very encouraging if that is the reason... That would mean that the people who do the inspections and acceptances are in the area and checking out sites around here.

We can always hope. Being the Milwaukee test teams are on standby this week, perhaps almost all the testing in the area is (nearly) complete and the sites are just awaiting acceptance?

Couldn't get a picture, but there was a crane working on the west Washington tower in Madison just now

New antennas up with RRUs! I could not get a picture but I will try to get a picture tomorrow unless you are able

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That must be another carrier. I do not believe there is a Sprint tower near there. 

Actually, the Sprint site is one of my favorites.  It's in the back of a church on 42nd and Oklahoma.  It looks like a TV tower and you'd never suspect it's a cellular site!  Last time I drove by it (on one of my treks to Discount Liquor!) it still had the three weird looking antennas on each leg of the tower.  It's easy to miss it so look for the big church and drive around the block.  You won't believe it's a cell site either!!

• Like 1

A quick update about the Madison east side towers. The tower by the south town Wal-Mart does not have any NV antennas yet. The McFarland, Monona water tower and Buckeye rd towers all have NV antennas mounted. I took pictures... I'll try to get them uploaded this evening

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

A quick update about the Madison east side towers. The tower by the south town Wal-Mart does not have any NV antennas yet. The McFarland, Monona water tower and Buckeye rd towers all have NV antennas mounted. I took pictures... I'll try to get them uploaded this evening

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Beg to differ about the Super Walmart on South Towne site.  It's the bottom rack, NV equipment is there.

K3I6ftM.jpg?1

I also have the Monona water tower in this post.  I don't have the Buckeye tower past the interstate yet, or the Sigglekow Rd tower either near the Curling center....if you have those, that would be great to post up to the in progress site. 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1983-network-visionlte-milwaukee-market-including-madison/?p=224783

• Like 1

How can you verify Sprint NV antennas? I'm a noob at this, but I'd like to check towers near me if I'm in the area.

That begs the question, how can I get the location of Sprint antennas in my area?

Thanks in advance.

Check out my signature for links to helpful stuff like how to spot Samsung style antennas and RRUs.

• Like 1

Check out my signature for links to helpful stuff like how to spot Samsung style antennas and RRUs.

I didn't even realize you were using my pics as examples. I am honored.

• Like 1

Madison (and surrounding area) has 5 total towers left that don't have NV equipment on them. Fish Hatch and Beltline, Hilldale, West Wash (might be being worked on) nearest West of Capitol and nearest East. However, not many that are actually "accepted complete" by Sprint. See earlier for hand waving explanations. No idea what the turn on schedule might be but at least here, we're poised. I'm sure Milwaukee is in the same boat. The towns you mentioned at the end have between 1 and 6 towers total in them. That's easier to finish than Milwaukee with brazillions of sites. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Samsung is pushing all crews to get as much equipment installed as possible before winter, and has basically put a freeze on integrations (when we see acceptance reports) until some point down the line. We don't know when that is, but when they switch gears, we've been seeing whole cities get accepted in a very short time period (see Quad Cities for an example).

• Like 1

Madison CtyRd AB Tower (*clip*)

Posted Image

McFarland Bocce Park (*clip*)

Posted Image

jd777, put these in the in progress thread in sponsor section with the tower IDs. Great pictures!! I'll get West Wash picture this am at some point.

West Washington Ave in Madison. I like how they box the RRUs and paint them on the buildings here. The crew is still working as there are lines hanging off one of the other sides.

yRwpGLq.jpg

Yeah, they were there working on Friday evening too.

Hey grumpwagon, are you able to get to the tower on the near West of the Capitol? On a large apt building. See if there's anything new on it? I bet this West Wash crew will head there next. There are legacy panels with a nice space in the middle that faces the Capitol. Anyways perhaps keep that one on your radar to check.

Went to the Fish Hatchery tower today, there were 3 shiney antennas laying on the ground. I didn't get any pictures because there was a cop back in that lot for some reason.....didn't want to explain why and what I was doing back there. :-) I'll stop by tomorrow post work.

Marketing, whatever I don't care. Milwaukee is going to be announced as a 4G market. PROGRESS!!!

If you are referring to my post, you may want to read it again. Milwaukee itself is not going to be announced, rather a city or two in the market which covers most of southern Wisconsin.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

If you are referring to my post, you may want to read it again. Milwaukee itself is not going to be announced, rather a city or two in the market which covers most of southern Wisconsin.

To which post do you think he's referring? Link? Me thinks I reside in a city with such a description.

I hate to say this, but nothing to report on the West side of Madison (research park area).  At least I can get a sprint signal (last week was horrible)!  Hopefully I will see something during my lunch walk, if so, I will try and snap some pictures.

FYI if you head south to Sprint's "mature" 4G market in Chicago.. It is having major issues right now. Look at the Chicago market topic.

Users are getting low 3G-like speeds even at off peak times in the suburbs.

Could be a problem of he USCC network interference because of the really low SNR values.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Milwaukee itself will be launched. I was informed of this last week. Should have been announced the 24th but we got nothing. No word on the hold up. But Milwaukee proper was listed. Not outlying cities.