Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

iPhones scan much more often than android phones. I was in a hotel room on the edge of LTE this past week, and when it dropped the LTE (when I went to the interior of the room) it would take 5 minutes of being by a window to reconnect to LTE. That is how I came to my figure of 5 minutes.

Well, I don't know what is going on today, but I am not getting any data or signal on the west side of Madison.  I called into Sprint to find out, and according to the Cust. Care manager, he does not even see a tower that's on Tokey Blvd or any towers on the West side.  According to what they are seeing, everything is fine.

How can this be when that tower has been a Sprint tower for years?

Well, I don't know what is going on today, but I am not getting any data or signal on the west side of Madison.  I called into Sprint to find out, and according to the Cust. Care manager, he does not even see a tower that's on Tokey Blvd or any towers on the West side.  According to what they are seeing, everything is fine.

How can this be when that tower has been a Sprint tower for years?

Most Customer Care people have no idea at all, I wouldn't take as a bad sign of anything.  (no offense to any lurking on these forums, but seriously, there's only so many times I can 1) update my profile, 2) update my PRL or 3) power cycle my device)

It is really frustrating though, that's for sure. 

Looks like the crew on 9nd and Beloit got all but 2 of the panels replaced. Also looks like there are more RRU's to put up. There were 1 or 2 panels that had 2 RRU's behind em though. So at least they're putting up all the equipment necessary for 1900 LTE and 1x800 anyways...

• Like 1

Looks like the crew on 9nd and Beloit got all but 2 of the panels replaced. Also looks like there are more RRU's to put up. There were 1 or 2 panels that had 2 RRU's behind em though. So at least they're putting up all the equipment necessary for 1900 LTE and 1x800 anyways...

Parents live right around there, so I am looking forward to 1x800...  Coverage at their house isn't very good.

While I was at Community Memorial Hospital in Menomonee Falls, my phone would often get an LTE signal at night. Unfortunately I wasn't able to map anything with Sensorly but Signal Check Pro did indicate it was getting LTE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would not expect any new towers in Milwaukee proper or surrounding areas for at least this next week. Maybe the week after well see them but I have word the test teams have been in Appleton and all of the Milwaukee teams have been on standby.

Also 800 lte will probably begin testing around early December. The drivers will be receiving training on the new test software in the next coming weeks.

I would not expect any new towers in Milwaukee proper or surrounding areas for at least this next week. Maybe the week after well see them but I have word the test teams have been in Appleton and all of the Milwaukee teams have been on standby.

Also 800 lte will probably begin testing around early December. The drivers will be receiving training on the new test software in the next coming weeks.

Interesting. Seems like the Milwaukee teams have been on standby for a few months :). What's another week or two?

Milwaukee proper maybe but the outskirts West of 94 were just completed not too long ago by them.

Tower crews may be working still but the test teams are the ones on standby.

How's about around Madison?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

This site is near the Fitchburg Super Target on the water tower.....so basically all the towers around me are finished, which I guess is a little FU from Sprint and all my complaining about service. Sorry DAN HESSE! Please upgrade home tree!

There was machinery on site, cherry picker, backhoe, and things were substantially torn up, so they are actively working on this site for the rest of the backhaul and cabinets too. I just took shots of the antennas that were going up.

There was Toyota Highlander idling nearby and the guy appear to be focused on the site as well. IS that person on here??? I was in the Dodge Durango with a glovebox that can fit 2 turkey sandwiches, or 70 PACKS OF GUM, Say What? 70! (Anchorman 2/Durango spots)

As you can see one of the antennas only has one RRU and wires are still dangling. They aren't really pinned up on any of the antennas yet. It's interesting that these 3 NV antennas are pointed away from my tower, which isn't far away. There's nothing on the backside of this water tower.

LDsNKC2.jpg?1

How's about around Madison?

Unfortunately Madison is a part of the area that the Milwaukee teams cover.

My best guess just from sites they've tested is that the Milwaukee team works Sheboygan and down and they cover everything West out to Madison and maybe even a little further. I cannot remember if they were apart of the dells testing or not.

Unfortunately Madison is a part of the area that the Milwaukee teams cover.

My best guess just from sites they've tested is that the Milwaukee team works Sheboygan and down and they cover everything West out to Madison and maybe even a little further. I cannot remember if they were apart of the dells testing or not.

Okay. The way you wrote that earlier, it sounded like you meant Milwaukee proper only. Hopefully they get back here soon!

This site is near the Fitchburg Super Target on the water tower.....so basically all the towers around me are finished, which I guess is a little FU from Sprint and all my complaining about service. Sorry DAN HESSE! Please upgrade home tree! There was machinery on site, cherry picker, backhoe, and things were substantially torn up, so they are actively working on this site for the rest of the backhaul and cabinets too. I just took shots of the antennas that were going up. There was Toyota Highlander idling nearby and the guy appear to be focused on the site as well. IS that person on here??? I was in the Dodge Durango with a glovebox that can fit 2 turkey sandwiches, or 70 PACKS OF GUM, Say What? 70! (Anchorman 2/Durango spots) As you can see one of the antennas only has one RRU and wires are still dangling. They aren't really pinned up on any of the antennas yet. It's interesting that these 3 NV antennas are pointed away from my tower, which isn't far away. There's nothing on the backside of this water tower. LDsNKC2.jpg?1

That one is not finished anyways. Looks like it is missing the 800 RRU on the right side and has cables hanging down.

That one is not finished anyways. Looks like it is missing the 800 RRU on the right side and has cables hanging down.

Correct. Technically, none of them around here are finished as they aren't officially accepted by Sprint. :-) however, this one is actively being worked on.

i live on the eastside of Milwaukee, right up the hill from Bradford

one thing that ive noticed lately is that my texts have gotten faster, before it would usually take like 5 minutes to send a text and the other person to receive it, but not its a few seconds.

however i have also noticed in my apartment building recently my signal strength has jumped to 4 out of 5 bars instead of nothing, and then when i leave my apartment it then drops down to nothing lol. i think someone in my building has an airwave.

the one thing that is still confusing to me is that i have a random friend on facebook who says that she constantly has LTE in Milwaukee. is one of the 3 bands running LTE active in the area, but not the other 2? 

now if what i read is true, the LG G2 should be tri-band. my plan is to go to the sprint store, have them give it to me for the new contract price with out having to sign the contract. there is just no way at the moment that i want to be locked into a contract with sprint that cant meet their own definition of 3G speeds. With the G2 will my speeds be greater than the speeds i am currently getting with the Evo 3D?

i live on the eastside of Milwaukee, right up the hill from Bradford

one thing that ive noticed lately is that my texts have gotten faster, before it would usually take like 5 minutes to send a text and the other person to receive it, but not its a few seconds.

however i have also noticed in my apartment building recently my signal strength has jumped to 4 out of 5 bars instead of nothing, and then when i leave my apartment it then drops down to nothing lol. i think someone in my building has an airwave.

the one thing that is still confusing to me is that i have a random friend on facebook who says that she constantly has LTE in Milwaukee. is one of the 3 bands running LTE active in the area, but not the other 2? 

now if what i read is true, the LG G2 should be tri-band. my plan is to go to the sprint store, have them give it to me for the new contract price with out having to sign the contract. there is just no way at the moment that i want to be locked into a contract with sprint that cant meet their own definition of 3G speeds. With the G2 will my speeds be greater than the speeds i am currently getting with the Evo 3D?

It's likely that she only goes to areas that do have LTE. Some towers have LTE working and others don't. I go through Milwaukee all the time and the majority of LTE I get is in the general vicinity of I-94 west of the Marquette Interchange. In this case, a new phone probably would not help until they get 800MHz turned on.

I'm not sure if the EVO 3d is capable of 800MHz or not. The only case that I would suggest a new phone is if your phone is not capable of 800MHz, otherwise there won't be any difference (2600MHz isn't going to come for probably another year because they'll start that after they finish the rest of NV) because you will still be using the 1900MHz band until they turn on the 800 MHz band. So if your phone can run on 800MHz, don't bother trying to get a new one because you won't notice any difference.

Edited by apphysics

Good luck. We haven't even been told when we'll get it released in the stores and getting the latest device off contract for the contract price?.. Put down the pipe and walk away.

Airrave is the word. Not airwave. Kills me when people say that.

But more than likely yes. If you're at a store they can look it up and see if you connect to one or not. It will show in the list of towers you use.

when i initially got my evo 3d i did not need to resign and got the right price, due to being a "sprint premier customer" since my number has been with sprint 10+ years.

no need to be rude dude.

also if you do your research before shitting on someone the LG G2 starts shipping by November 8th. logically that would mean that it would be in stores around the same time.

also sorry i misspelled arrave. shoot me.

The Johnson's Creek tower by the outlet mall is now transmitting a 4G signal. It's been shown as 3G complete for ages... not the greatest speeds though. On the south side of the mall, closest to the tower,I was getting ~2mbs. Next to the water tower I got ~15mbps

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sprint discontinued the premiere program in 2011

It allowed you to upgrade every year.

when i initially got my evo 3d i did not need to resign and got the right price, due to being a "sprint premier customer" since my number has been with sprint 10+ years.

• Like 1

no need to be rude dude.

also if you do your research before shitting on someone the LG G2 starts shipping by November 8th. logically that would mean that it would be in stores around the same time.

also sorry i misspelled arrave. shoot me.

The sense of entitlement is a bit unnecessary. You're not the only one that has issues. If you are given a g2 at the price you expect it for I will pay you back for it. Working in a store I've never seen anything remotely close to that happen. The furthest upgrade I've seen was a s2 to a s3 only because someone messed up their working and they had to honor it.

It may be stated it will ship then, my personal experience with device release is the employees aren't told officially until a week before.

And correct again on the premier program. Everything is subsidy or one up now. No in between.