Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

One thing I do find odd is that I no longer see over 40mbs on any B41 site in NYC no matter the time or place. I had one place where I consistently hit over 70mbs, and that site is stuck @ around 30...

Makes me thinks Sprint has been limiting backhaul speeds here, unlike NJ I still hit 60mbs+ on Clear sites. 

That could be leading to a major decline of B41 overall speeds .

I'll be back in the city next week. I'll see if the same thing has happened to my 80Mbps site.

• Like 1

How do I know what band I'm on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dial "*3001#12345#*" from your iPhone's dialer. From there, tap "Serving Cell Info" and the band is the number next to "Freq Band Indicator".

I think there was a sprint site on or near the building in the East Village that collapsed. It might of even been on the exact building. Any one notice if this site is down. I wonder what happens in these sort of situations. 07fc4f84db92fc0d710f6a706700ec7e.jpg

NY14XC923

40.728364434398365, -73.98829824224558,
123 2nd Avenue, New York, NY 10003, USA

I think there was a sprint site on or near the building in the East Village that collapsed. It might of even been on the exact building. Any one notice if this site is down. I wonder what happens in these sort of situations.

NY14XC923

40.728364434398365, -73.98829824224558,

123 2nd Avenue, New York, NY 10003, USA

The site is on 125 2nd Avenue. Since it's only damaged, it likely won't get knocked down at all and will continue as is. If it were any worse, Sprint would likely just relocate the site to another building nearby.

A year and half ago, an apartment building in northern NJ burnt down with a Verizon and Sprint cell site on the roof. The entire roof fell in, taking the site equipment with it.

Took a month or so to get approval to move the site over to another building, and services restored.

How's band 26 in NYC lately? I haven't been there in a long time, and am visiting this Friday for the NY Auto Show.

Is it optimized yet, or is indoor performance limited to 3G still? It would be great if I could get LTE inside the Javits Center this time around.

How's band 26 in NYC lately? I haven't been there in a long time, and am visiting this Friday for the NY Auto Show.

Is it optimized yet, or is indoor performance limited to 3G still? It would be great if I could get LTE inside the Javits Center this time around.

You'll see B25 and B26 in the Center, and I believe B41 outdoors nearby due to macro sites. 

• Like 1

Dial "*3001#12345#*" from your iPhone's dialer. From there, tap "Serving Cell Info" and the band is the number next to "Freq Band Indicator".

I see -78 is that good?? Im in Staten Island 10309

I see -78 is that good?? Im in Staten Island 10309

It says -78 next to "Freq Band Indicator"? That sounds like a signal strength.

The band is the number "25" in this screenshot:

09338c079cb56757a9c53dc39d92b6f8.jpg

You'll see B25 and B26 in the Center, and I believe B41 outdoors nearby due to macro sites. 

I doubt he will get B41 by the Javits, that has to be one of the very very few places I get B25. I drive by the Javits every day and only get B25 until I drive another block and half east then back on B41.

Went by cross county mall over the weekend they need to upgrade the local site badly. The influx of people is putting the hurt on the local clear b41 and B25/26 which are further away.

there used to be a cell site in the center of the mall on top of the building being renovated. I dont think its there anymore....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I caught my home tower in testing mode yesterday I couldn't connect to it longer than a few seconds before it disconnected but it should be coming online soon for sprint band 41. Happy days, as the clear tower is still not allowing me to receive calls when it's connected to that site. I report it and called and still nothing has happened!

I hung out in Manhattan today with some friends and had a Sprint Band 41 signal at Columbus Circle. Speeds were about 6 Down and 7 Up. That second carrier couldn't come sooner.

What is the highest band possible?

I hung out in Manhattan today with some friends and had a Sprint Band 41 signal at Columbus Circle. Speeds were about 6 Down and 7 Up. That second carrier couldn't come sooner.

Don't forget to test out that clear site you used to hit 70mbs.

I still believe we are limited by backhaul.

• Like 1