Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

My suggestion is give it a go for a few more days, and see how it all works out for you. We don't expect all these things to happen overnight, so if your expecting to see things work 100% better tomorrow its probably not going to happen.

If that's the case, and this is a known issue, they need to update their coverage map to show an LTE dead zone for the area that's undergoing serious problems.  Showing it as "Spark certified" is misleading IMO.

If that's the case, and this is a known issue, they need to update their coverage map to show an LTE dead zone for the area that's undergoing serious problems.  Showing it as "Spark certified" is misleading IMO.

If your getting B41=Spark, its just over utilized. It will get more capacity soon. Since optimization is still in full affect, speeds have been jumping up and down.

Currently, here in NYC, its hard for a Spark device to latch onto B25, for capacity reasons. People with single band devices were left with scraps of B25 (since all devices, including Spark were on it) now they have B25 for themselves until I assume the concentration of Spark devices is high enough. Hence the reason B41 has taken most of the grunt.

Basically, you are in a Spark location, its just over utilized at the moment.

Regardless, these capacity issues are not too far off from being rectified.

But if you cannot wait, you might want to move on to another option.

While it is extremely irritating to suffer from poor speeds with a Spark signal, it is covered with a Spark signal.  No one, not Tmo, nor AT&T, nor Verizon remove LTE from their coverage maps when a site has poor speeds.  Sprint isn't going to either.  They just need to fix it ASAP.

It sounds like Sprint may not be up to your needs right now in one of the areas you spend the most time.  After you check the other areas you frequent over the next few days, if Sprint doesn't look like a good fit for you, you may want to go with Tmo for awhile and come and try Sprint again in the future.  Because the area will get fixed, but not likely before your return window closes.

Most of NYC is now great for Sprint.  But there are going to be pockets here and there still being worked through.  And millions of people are not affected by these small pockets.  And they exist on Tmo too.  You happen to be in one of Sprint's right now.  Tough break.

• Like 2

Most of NYC is now great for Sprint.  But there are going to be pockets here and there still being worked through.  And millions of people are not affected by these small pockets.  And they exist on Tmo too.  You happen to be in one of Sprint's right now.  Tough break.

Ever since Sprint de prioritized B25 on Tri band devices, B41 has taken a big hit in overall speed. I think it would have made more sense to coincide this change with a live second carrier to soften the blow.

B41 is still very good in most instances, but in some very high traffic areas where speeds were sub 10mbs, those places are seeing a drastic drop in speeds.

• Like 1

Hmmmm... any idea on when the optimizations will be completed?  I don't want to leave, but I can't function with high-latency, high jitter low-speed data... :(

I work down in Wall Street myself. There is a single sprint Band 41 Tower live around the Broad Street area! with some clear tower's spread around. I'm going to take a guess of brunt of all the new work that's going to happen will be spring and summer so by this time next year most of the city will be sufficiently complete with descent backhaul in place and more consistent speeds overall. But as others have said if you can't wait just move to a different provider in the meantime! if I wasn't responsible for three other lines on my account I would have a verizon line to play with to see how they are in the city! options are fun!

Your best bet would be to report it in the Sprint Zone app and let them know that speeds are slow and ping is high. Hopefully they'll fix the problem in a timely manner. I recall once ever doing that and it got fixed pretty quickly.

No it does not. It goes to the last available signal first. Only an airplane mode toggle, or shutting off the mobile radio completely causes a rescan of all technologies, starting with LTE.

Got it, so next time Im on the subway Ill toggle airplane mode.

What phone do you plan on upgrading to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assumed I was getting the Galaxy 6, but the reveal was a massive disapointment for me, so I have to wait and see what the phone world looks like come September.

I was near Times Square yesterday and while my friend on AT&T could not get websites to load, I was flying along with Sprint 4G. She was making fun of me for the poor service I experienced at Prospect Park.

• Like 1

I assumed I was getting the Galaxy 6, but the reveal was a massive disapointment for me, so I have to wait and see what the phone world looks like come September.

I was near Times Square yesterday and while my friend on AT&T could not get websites to load, I was flying along with Sprint 4G. She was making fun of me for the poor service I experienced at Prospect Park.

The GS6 isn't all that bad lol. You could get the HTC One M9 or iPhone 6s or the next LG G phone. The flex is pretty nice if you're into that kinda of phone all bent and what not lol.

The GS6 edge is the best android phone ive seen in quite a while, from a design standpoint, the superfast I/O and CPU/GPU, and that SCREEN!!

It blows the competition away, check out displaymates results.

http://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_S6_ShootOut_1.htm

The GS6 edge is the best android phone ive seen in quite a while, from a design standpoint, the superfast I/O and CPU/GPU, and that SCREEN!!

I dont want design, I want features.

I want waterproof, removable battery and SD card. The GS6 is of no interest to me at all.

• Like 1

I dont want design, I want features.

I want waterproof, removable battery and SD card. The GS6 is of no interest to me at all.

I've said this multiple times, SD slot is overrated, it slows the phone down quite a bit. That is the reason google doesn't include it in any of there devices. Also being able to charge the phone super fast is way more useful than having to carry multiple batteries. Not to mention remembering to charging both.
  • Like 1

The GS6 isn't all that bad lol. You could get the HTC One M9 or iPhone 6s or the next LG G phone. The flex is pretty nice if you're into that kinda of phone all bent and what not lol.

be careful with lg they were using a chip from you know who that has big overheating problems... check out the lg flex 2... its got the bad chip in it. From qualcomm

I've said this multiple times, SD slot is overrated, it slows the phone down quite a bit. That is the reason google doesn't include it in any of there devices. Also being able to charge the phone super fast is way more useful than having to carry multiple batteries. Not to mention remembering to charging both.

It's far from overrated. I recently ran out of onboard storage on my M8 and the ability to pop in an 8GB SD card I had lying around was so useful for me. Although I see what you're trying to prove, SD Cards are far from overrated.

• Like 1

It's far from overrated. I recently ran out of onboard storage on my M8 and the ability to pop in an 8GB SD card I had lying around was so useful for me. Although I see what you're trying to prove, SD Cards are far from overrated.

I forgot to mention why I believe that, they have also finally eliminated the 16GB option and added the 128GB. With that much available storage option, I see no reason why you would need SD.

I forgot to mention why I believe that, they have also finally eliminated the 16GB option and added the 128GB. With that much available storage option, I see no reason why you would need SD.

Because it is cheaper than getting a 128gb version of a phone... and reusable on your next phone if it has a sd card. Numerous other reasons. Sure, there is cloud but not everyone has unlimited data
  • Like 2

I stop using sd cards since the m7. The problem is people storage junk, my mother inlaw's iphone needed an update but had no storage left. I purchased Icloud storage and erased everything and now is full again with selfies and all garbage. I have an lg g3 and have apps. Large games,pics,music and only used 16 gb
  • Like 1

Because it is cheaper than getting a 128gb version of a phone... and reusable on your next phone if it has a sd card. Numerous other reasons. Sure, there is cloud but not everyone has unlimited data

I consider myself a pretty data heavy user and have about 5600 photos on my phone, and have yet to fill up the 32gb storage.

I have lots of photos, videos, and music on my phone. Although I do stream music through Google Play Music All Access, I save music to my phone for offline listening. I also have YouTube videos saved in the YouTube for songs that aren't in the Google Play library. As a result, I only have about 2 Gigabytes of storage left on my phone, and that was after deleting and moving a lot of stuff to SD.

• Like 1

So your needs are different. Great.

But who are you to say what my needs are? I need an SD card slot (not negotiatble), a removeable battery (not negotiatble), and water proof (highly desireable).

I will not buy the S6, period.

Also, the removeable battery isnt to carry around extras, but to switch out after a year when it stops holding a charge well. Ive owned an S2 and an S4, and my family has had the S1 and S3. Samsung batteries are garbage.

And this is the wrong thread for this.

So your needs are different. Great.

But who are you to say what my needs are? I need an SD card slot (not negotiatble), a removeable battery (not negotiatble), and water proof (highly desireable).

I will not buy the S6, period.

Also, the removeable battery isnt to carry around extras, but to switch out after a year when it stops holding a charge well. Ive owned an S2 and an S4, and my family has had the S1 and S3. Samsung batteries are garbage.

And this is the wrong thread for this.

We can agree to disagree, moving on..

lolol wow everyone arguing about Samsung's attempt at the GLOBAL Phone Takeover that Apple started and there following suit. SMH at Samsung. The versatile phones always pushing forward with releasing as much new technology as possible in a phone was amazing. Now they are sitting back and taking the coward way out on releasing new phones. With minor updates that no one really cares for. The metal frame is so that you have to buy new phones ones its mangled like iPhones. I repair phones so I know how it is. No one can tell me otherwise. GS6 release is a sad day for Samsung Fans and Supporters. I've had s2, s3, s4, and now Note 3. I am saddened but this release I was gonna downsize but just going to upgrade to the Note 4 hopefully the Note 5 they won't make the mistake of making it metal. 

• Like 1

Crazy that we are still having this device converstation, Everyone has voiced they're opinions and nobody is changing any bodies mind so let's move on to on topic stuff.

Like....

I started connecting to B25 again, and noticed my home B41 tower is no longer as loaded as its been since B25 disappeared.

• Like 2

Good news over here. I've got LTE pretty much all over town. It's most B41 and Speeds are pretty good. I average around 10-20down and 5-10 up, I'm extremely happy with Sprint as of right now. I think it could only get better. [emoji18]

• Like 2