Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Both of these sites cover my apartment, depending what part of the apt im in. 

Difference is that the Sprint B41 site covers quite a bit more ground than the Clear site.

Sprint B41

sprintb41.pngSCB41.png

Clear B41

clearb41.pngSCClear41.png

Your RSRQ and SNR are what I would expect in a dense urban environment.  The high end of normal.  Nothing in those two screenshots.

• Like 1

I'm assuming this is the first time you've seen B26 in SI?

Since site spacing in SI is not that amazing, B26 is essential.

Good to see it live for you.

Yes it is the 1st time I seen it I just wish I can see it on other parts of the Island

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is the 1st time I seen it I just wish I can see it on other parts of the Island

Usually, once they start deploying you will start seeing more and more of it.

Hopefully that holds true for you.

• Like 1

Staten Island treats itself like the siluburbs and not part of NYC so I feel like there is a lot of NIMBY-ism. That's part of the reason why site spacing is so poor. Additionally, unlike the other boroughs which are mostly flat with a few high points here and there, Staten Island is relatively hilly.

Staten Island treats itself like the siluburbs and not part of NYC so I feel like there is a lot of NIMBY-ism. That's part of the reason why site spacing is so poor. Additionally, unlike the other boroughs which are mostly flat with a few high points here and there, Staten Island is relatively hilly.

Yeah we have hills but nothing to big but some places have a lot of trees

• Like 1

So at the nets playoff game and I literally saw my phone cycle through the bands and just connect to a sprint 8t8r site in the 4th after being here since about 530 lol.

Screenshot_2015-04-27-21-32-09_1.jpg

• Like 1

So at the nets playoff game and I literally saw my phone cycle through the bands and just connect to a sprint 8t8r site in the 4th after being here since about 530 lol.

That signal and speed is spectacular for indoors, plus in a stadium packed with people.. even more awesome!

I'm pretty sure there's no 8T8R in the Barclays Center area. There is a Clearwire Band 41 site across the street from it that pushes out 50Mbps or so regularly. I said a few weeks ago in this thread that I think it got a backhaul increase because of its super close proximity to the arena. Unlike other Band 41 sites throughout the city it manages to run at super fast speeds.

But that's still amazing considering the stadium was packed an there is a pretty big mall across the street from it.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought there was a DAS system in place for all carriers in the arena. Maybe that's why speeds are able to stay so high, even in a packed stadium area.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought there was a DAS system in place for all carriers in the arena. Maybe that's why speeds are able to stay so high, even in a packed stadium area.

It may have been a DAS but it never connected to later in the game which was weird too me. But just in case I did take a screen cap as well.

Screenshot_2015-04-27-21-22-21_1.jpg

• Like 1

B41 does not need super strong signal, it can still achieve awesome speeds with an average signal!

I had one instance in Denver this weekend where I got 20Mbps down with a -120dBm RSRP. My AT&T phone, the data was timing out under extreme burden with a -80dBm. This was at a peak time at Northfield Mall at Stapleton. Weak Sprint B41 trumped a strong AT&T B17 signal. America's strongest network doesn't mean much when you can't use it.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

• Like 3

Don't know whats going on, phone has been dropping calls like crazy all day by my home. 

Hoping this is an upgrade. But i have not been having any issues for a while, so this seems odd.

I had one instance in Denver this weekend where I got 20Mbps down with a -120dBm RSRP. My AT&T phone, the data was timing out under extreme burden with a -80dBm. This was at a peak time at Northfield Mall at Stapleton. Weak Sprint B41 trumped a strong AT&T B17 signal. America's strongest network doesn't mean much when you can't use it.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

AT&T band 17 is heavily burdened in my area....sprints network just flies:) it looks like AT&T is starting to fall behind I am rooting for sprint
  • Like 1