Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Not that I've come across as of yet. My device in absence of strong band 41 signal. Parks on band 26 for the time being as well.

Mine has been doing that as of recently too. I thought it was because I updated my phone but I guess Sprint is doing updates to my tower too.

Sent from my shiny Space Grey iPhone 6 using Tapatalk 3.2.1

Damm, and I am enjoying 80F today on the West Coast.

Lol lucky you. After I graduate college I will be going to California to work.

This snow is craaaazy

LI Streets are terrible

The other day when I was down in stuart, hungover, and had work in an hour lol. It was like 50 degrees that morning. Had the heat on cause it was so cold lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

• Like 2

Lol lucky you. After I graduate college I will be going to California to work.

Community college?

AJ

This is awesome but uhm what happened to B25 lol. I haven't seen it in quite while.

Maybe band 25 is just hiding behind your unduly massive screenshots.

AJ

• Like 2

Queensboro then I'm transferring to Alfred State.

Why not just Alfred University instead of Alfred State? A friend of mine goes to Alfred University (which is right across the street) and I hear they have a better science and engineering program there. 

Why not just Alfred University instead of Alfred State? A friend of mine goes to Alfred University (which is right across the street) and I hear they have a better science and engineering program there. 

Either way, Alfred, NY has no native Sprint coverage.  Bye bye.

AJ

Too expensive and im not taking out any loans for college. I don't wanna be paying back anything afterwards.

Too expensive and im not taking out any loans for college. I don't wanna be paying back anything afterwards.

er... Good luck with that. I thought I wasn't going to take out loans. I am was wrong

All I have is the Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans that come with applying for Financial Aid. I also got the maximum scholarship amount from BC. Don't be afraid to look at schools that aren't SUNY or CUNY. You'd be surprised at the financial aid package you get from private institutions. 

As someone who has recently gone through the college process, I'd recommend that you take chance and apply to a few private institutions that you like as well as the CUNY and SUNY schools, and then look at the financial aid package from all of the schools. Just because you attend a SUNY doesn't mean it's free. A lot of schools have large financial endowments and are willing to shave off a lot of money for you to attend. If you really want to go, but the school hasn't given you enough money, you can always write a letter to the financial aid office asking them to reevaluate your financial aid because it's still too high. 

Trust me, they want you to attend.

• Like 1

er... Good luck with that. I thought I wasn't going to take out loans. I am was wrong

Hopefully those loans weren't for a degree in English.  :lol:  j/k :lol:  :lol:

• Like 3

If you really want to go, but the school hasn't given you enough money, you can always write a letter to the financial aid office asking them to reevaluate your financial aid because it's still too high. 

Yeah, you could try this...

59345315.jpg

AJ

• Like 5

B26 continues to dominate in my neighborhood. Surprisingly enough the signal strength on B26 is in the -70's, so extremely strong, more or less the same as 3G.

But, unfortunately, its become saturated extremely quickly, whereas before id see speeds between 4-15mbs on B26 now its like B25 used to be. B25 has sped up considerably around my way, but my phone does not connect to it. 

Im assuming they are tuning  B26.

• Like 1

so remember how I told you LTE is clicking in my house now... its slow but its clicking... well one of the legacy towers they just updated on an old Movie Theater that hasnt been open in over 8 years... they been remodeling for a conversion... and I guess they finally got the owner permission to get up top because they it shows the last two days that it been completed even tho lte been slow but live for the last 2 weeks. This is big progress for Sprint considering the last time this area ever seen an update was more then 10 years ago. SMH happy excited but not so yet lol still running T1 lines Im sure. 

so they've gotten around to installing and activated at 8t8r band 41 equipment on one of the towers in my neighborhood but its up the block from me and away from my building so I'm unable to receive the signal but while I was on the street I noticed it propagating! Cross fingers that they activate and install equipment on the tower that I'm usually connected to soon because the clear tower that my phone keeps connecting to still has ecsfb issues! I've reported that tower but they still haven't gotten to fixing it.

so remember how I told you LTE is clicking in my house now... its slow but its clicking... well one of the legacy towers they just updated on an old Movie Theater that hasnt been open in over 8 years... they been remodeling for a conversion... and I guess they finally got the owner permission to get up top because they it shows the last two days that it been completed even tho lte been slow but live for the last 2 weeks. This is big progress for Sprint considering the last time this area ever seen an update was more then 10 years ago. SMH happy excited but not so yet lol still running T1 lines Im sure. 

If it's LTE, ten it's not T1 lines. It's likely that the tower got overloaded quickly. Judging by the pace of 800MHz in the city so far, you'll get that pretty soon and speeds will shoot up around you.

• Like 3

so they've gotten around to installing and activated at 8t8r band 41 equipment on one of the towers in my neighborhood but its up the block from me and away from my building so I'm unable to receive the signal but while I was on the street I noticed it propagating! Cross fingers that they activate and install equipment on the tower that I'm usually connected to soon because the clear tower that my phone keeps connecting to still has ecsfb issues! I've reported that tower but they still haven't gotten to fixing it.

Are you still having eCSFB issues in that area? Is it specifically one tower?

LTE does not go live with T1 lines. It must have fiber, microwave or some other sort of scaleable AAV before they will turn LTE on.

• Like 2

well thats what you say... but I will go check this fiber wire that was ran to pole but not to the building. or at least that what it appearsed to be I meant to look earlier to see if that cable actually ran up to the building but my ADD got the best of me and I turned sooner then I should have. Hopefully tomorrow I will remember to pass and check. You may be right but you just might not? ahh whatever point is this is the first time they said they are gonna do something and are actually doing it. MARCH was the better of the two updates they promised. So lets see...