Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Be on the lookout for these guys in Brooklyn. I don't think it's a sprint site, not sure about clear though.

http://gothamist.com/2015/02/10/cops_these_guys_stole_copper_wire_b.php

What the hell. Lmfao what exactly was the point of them stealing 40ft of Copper wire and some batteries from a cellphone tower. Then they're extremely dumb all 4 of them looked directly into the surveillance cameras [emoji24]. People are just dumb

Sent from my shiny Space Grey iPhone 6 using Tapatalk 3.2.1

What the hell. Lmfao what exactly was the point of them stealing 40ft of Copper wire and some batteries from a cellphone tower. Then they're extremely dumb all 4 of them looked directly into the surveillance cameras [emoji24]. People are just dumb

Sell the copper and batteries and easy thousands of dollars. Copper theft is a huge issue.

Sell the copper and batteries and easy thousands of dollars. Copper theft is a huge issue.

Wow, I didn't know that. People will do anything to make a quick couple bands.

Wow, I didn't know that. People will do anything to make a quick couple bands.

If you didn't know that then you need to read up on what gets stolen the most from commercial sites.

Raw materials like copper or scrap metal swiped from job sites or other commercial areas and then sold to recycling shops are a huge problem. It's typically felonies if they get caught as the $ amount exceeds several thousand dollars. Not to mention damage to infrastructure and repairs that have to be done cost everyone time and money.

If you didn't know that then you need to read up on what gets stolen the most from commercial sites.

Raw materials like copper or scrap metal bring swiped from job sites or other commercial areas and then sold to recycling shops are a huge problem. It's typically felonies if they get caught as the $ amount exceeds several thousand dollars.

I didn't even know that was an issue. I never thought people would steal from a cellular tower. Lol

I didn't even know that was an issue. I never thought people would steal from a cellular tower. Lol

It's not just cell towers.... copper theft is a huge issue anywhere copper is easily reachable. Many of the larger cell sites in this area have barbed wire fence around them for this reason. 

• Like 1

Band 41 has been down for 2 weeks around seaport. But it seems like they are "optimizing" band 25. I usually can not get anything more than .25 mbps but I have been hitting over 3mbps these few days. Nothing to write home about but better than before

• Like 1

I've seen a couple reports now of improved B25 LTE performance in NYC. Has anyone checked to see what channel you're on? They may be installing a second carrier.

• Like 3

I've seen a couple reports now of improved B25 LTE performance in NYC. Has anyone checked to see what channel you're on? They may be installing a second carrier.

You know, I thought the same thing, how could I verify the channel on a N6?

You know, I thought the same thing, how could I verify the channel on a N6?

I don't think the N6 currently supports Engineering screens. So I can't think of a way to verify. You may have to leave that to folks with a different device.

The beauty of having an HTC device is that it shows me the spectrum I'm on.

Are you on the autism spectrum?

;)

AJ

• Like 1

so something I've taken notice of, is that my device now wants to park on Band 41 no matter how weak the signal is. In my room I would always just get band 25 now it stays on band 26 and I just took a call and it hopped onto Band 41 automatically even at over a 110dBm!

• Like 1

so something I've taken notice of, is that my device now wants to park on Band 41 no matter how weak the signal is. In my room I would always just get band 25 now it stays on band 26 and I just took a call and it hopped onto Band 41 automatically even at over a 110dBm!

This is precisely how it should work, and why Band 25 has become usable again. Add the second and third B41 carriers and we got ourselfs a Verizon beating network.

Is it usable though? I've been stuck on weak b41 that was unusable.

Is it usable though? I've been stuck on weak b41 that was unusable.

it's usable but the moment that I pick up the device then it loses the signal or it flucuates to a higher dbm before dropping. The m8 is ptetty weak with band 41 and sensitive when you touch it. I have to keep at a certain angle if I don't it kicks back down to Band 26. But if I just unlock it and run a speedtest, I can get at least 6mbps down! My area needs another tower! Very over loaded sites.
  • Like 1

First post.

Speedtest was in palisades park, NJ B41

I go to school in the city (manhattan) and i always leave LTE on. Much more reliable than my crappy CUNY wifi. Note 4 LTE tether for my laptop hehe.

Only problem is sometimes, It drops to b25. I hate b25. I love b26 and b41 but not complaining. 3428b73fd32b297ee88310bb6ddda77c.jpg

• Like 3

Awesome news, Lincoln tunnel finally got some LTE love, usually I would switch to 3G, that got the basic job done off peak, but pretty slow during rush hour. LTE speeds were between 5-15mbs the whole way through.

Also hit some new Sprint B41 on west side hwy between 40th and 45th street.

• Like 2