Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

work... it's a love hate thing... they said they were upgrading these towers 2 years ago.. so this might take another 3-6 months... FIBER odds are its Verizon... and if isn't Verizon its some other company that FIBER is non existent in the areas that these towers are  existing. Just trying to stay on WIFI as much as possible to forget the problem exists. 

Yeah but at least now you see work being done, you know?

work... it's a love hate thing... they said they were upgrading these towers 2 years ago.. so this might take another 3-6 months... FIBER odds are its Verizon... and if isn't Verizon its some other company that FIBER is non existent in the areas that these towers are  existing. Just trying to stay on WIFI as much as possible to forget the problem exists. 

Trust me, I understand. And TWC is actually deploying a lot of fiber, so that's access as well. That's how Time Warner Cable customers get the 300mbps internet. 

Trust me, I understand. And TWC is actually deploying a lot of fiber, so that's access as well. That's how Time Warner Cable customers get the 300mbps internet.

Y'all in New York City are lucky. Did all of you see the FiOS map?

http://gizmodo.com/after-billions-in-subsidies-the-final-verizon-fios-map-1682854728

See what billions of dollars in subsidies pay for these days!

• Like 2

well to be honest... I have TWC I have the 100x10 connections never seen a mb over 87x7... wired or wireless but as for Sprint> I spoke to them last night and that 3g update on Myrtle Decatur was just a voice update -_-

It won't be considered a data update until fiber is connected. Otherwise you'll only see an improvement in voice performance with less dropped and blocked calls.

• Like 1

Y'all in New York City are lucky. Did all of you see the FiOS map?

http://gizmodo.com/after-billions-in-subsidies-the-final-verizon-fios-map-1682854728

See what billions of dollars in subsidies pay for these days!

I have FiOS and I've never had any issues besides that it cost a arm and a leg to have. I have the 50x50. On average I get around 35/40 for both down and up. Verizon called me last month asking if I wanted to upgrade to the 75x75 for 10$ extra on my bill. I thought about it and declined. 50x50 is perfect for my household.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes exactly. all this outrageous speeds for sprint don't make a difference we need steady constant speeds and thats it... boost doesn't matter at this point. they need to catch up with tmobile verizon and att 3g speed already. my least of 100 is like 45 50 during the day. as for better voice calls.. there was never a problem with the voice end ever its rare I get a dropped call maybe 4 or 5 times a year and thats like maybe once locally if not Ill get dropped call elsewhere. I never complain about voice... JUST DATA!

• Like 1

yes exactly. all this outrageous speeds for sprint don't make a difference we need steady constant speeds and thats it... boost doesn't matter at this point. they need to catch up with tmobile verizon and att 3g speed already. my least of 100 is like 45 50 during the day. as for better voice calls.. there was never a problem with the voice end ever its rare I get a dropped call maybe 4 or 5 times a year and thats like maybe once locally if not Ill get dropped call elsewhere. I never complain about voice... JUST DATA!

Data is the most important thing especially in this day and age, no one makes phone calls anymore. It's all about the data.

• Like 1

Its all part of network vision upgrade, the equipment has the capacity to run 1x800/1900 for voice so you will immediately benefit from better coverage despite not having the fiber ready. But now its just waiting on fiber to get LTE going.

Progress is progress..

Fyi: Most of the places I use my phone has very consistent performance.

• Like 1

Exactly DATA IS EVERYTHING and has been EVERYTHING for at least 10 years now.... the first 3g phone I said it. My 3G speeds have always been 2 or 300kbps but those days hopefully will be over soon WISHFUL THINKING! lol. but as for VOICE I only care about that when Im driving from Queens or Brooklyn to the Bronx. Thats when it matters most. When I cross the 59th St Bridge and the phone cuts off about 3/4 of the way down lmao I hateeee or when I come down the Jackie Robinson at Cypress Ave it cuts off.

• Like 1

Exactly DATA IS EVERYTHING and has been EVERYTHING for at least 10 years now.... the first 3g phone I said it. My 3G speeds have always been 2 or 300kbps but those days hopefully will be over soon WISHFUL THINKING! lol. but as for VOICE I only care about that when Im driving from Queens or Brooklyn to the Bronx. Thats when it matters most. When I cross the 59th St Bridge and the phone cuts off about 3/4 of the way down lmao I hateeee or when I come down the Jackie Robinson at Cypress Ave it cuts off.

I've never had any issues with voice especially now since I have my iP6, Sometimes it would disconnect on my 5 but that was rarely. I feel as though Sprint never even really upgraded the 3G side of data. Most sites are upgraded for 4G but I feel like they just left 3G as legacy and I could understand that but it's a little annoying especially when you fall off 4G.

• Like 1

DATA is EVERYTHING has been since the first 3g phone. Sprint 3g speeds very rarely surpassed 1mb... so they really do have a lot of catching up. 3g is fine with me as long as its consistent. Thats what I care about I don't care about 50mbps on my cellphone more speed means bad battery life. I just want my $350 dollars a month worth service for me and my family! 

As for VOICE... like he said who cares about voice anymore. People so rarely use voice that it's a non congested network. ONLY time my voice is bad is when Im going to the Bronx through the 59th St Bridge... or places like the Jackie Robinson on Cypress Hills street Exit... Or across Cypress Ave Bushwick Rigewood Williamsburg SIGNALS seems to be "crossed"but we all know the towers are all legacy. those towers that are Stated as Spark Towers or LTE towers in Bushwick are EHHH not at all. Service signal might be LTE but speeds are still 2g. Very bad that they claim LTE when there is no FIBER! I wish on a user end Sprint would let us help them make the service better by acting on our complaints rather than logging them. 

thats true. i feel they never done anything with the 3g as they say they have. 

I've never had any issues with voice especially now since I have my iP6, Sometimes it would disconnect on my 5 but that was rarely. I feel as though Sprint never even really upgraded the 3G side of data. Most sites are upgraded for 4G but I feel like they just left 3G as legacy and I could understand that but it's a little annoying especially when you fall off 4G.

• Like 1

Throughout NYC and Boston. I travel all throughout Brooklyn to pretty much every neighborhood from Mill Basin to Downtown Brooklyn and in between. I don't frequent Bushwick, Brownsville, or East New York much though. In Manhattan I travel everywhere underground and above ground. In Boston I go from Downtown to the suburbs.

• Like 2

Maybe cause I need a triband phone but downtown is shaky as hell I lose connection and gps signal is wild and all over the place when I drive towards that area.

As mentioned by everyone else, without a triband device it really is not at all indicative of the networks current state.
  • Like 2

Maybe cause I need a triband phone but downtown is shaky as hell I lose connection and gps signal is wild and all over the place when I drive towards that area.

You. Need. A. Triband. Phone.

Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Check with Sprint for an early upgrade or opportunity to move to EasyPay or lease. They have been generous with upgrades for single band phones. Wonder why?

• Like 6