Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Maybe cause I need a triband phone but downtown is shaky as hell I lose connection and gps signal is wild and all over the place when I drive towards that area.

What phone do you currently have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throughout NYC and Boston. I travel all throughout Brooklyn to pretty much every neighborhood from Mill Basin to Downtown Brooklyn and in between. I don't frequent Bushwick, Brownsville, or East New York much though. In Manhattan I travel everywhere underground and above ground. In Boston I go from Downtown to the suburbs.

I was near the Verrazano bridge on an iPhone 6 and in 3G I was getting .17 Download. It was so slow and this was around noon on a Saturday.

• Like 2

Which side? The Brooklyn side is lacking in LTE because I think the site is on top of a hospital. Hospitals don't necessarily allow people on their roof all of the time. I'd be surprised if it's the Staten Island side since there is Band 41 over there.

blamethealcohol, I don't want to sound harsh, because that isn't my intent. If anything I want to be nice as possible.

Just look at the positive experiences people are having with Triband devices. Don't take my word for it. In fact I don't have a word being stuck in no Sprint territory. :lol:

Which side? The Brooklyn side is lacking in LTE because I think the site is on top of a hospital. Hospitals don't necessarily allow people on their roof all of the time. I'd be surprised if it's the Staten Island side since there is Band 41 over there.

I was in Bay Ridge. 3G was very slow. I thought that with NV, speeds would improved.

Also, Band 41 has slowed down a lottttttttt. I was surprised at how much speeds have dropped. That was in the second week of January.

• Like 1

I was in Bay Ridge. 3G was very slow. I thought that with NV, speeds would improved.

Also, Band 41 has slowed down a lottttttttt. I was surprised at how much speeds have dropped. That was in the second week of January.

The second carrier should take care of that. Hopefully the FIT will conclude soon.

Soon[emoji769]

Lol it's always "soon" with Sprint. For a company that's called Sprint they sure are moving pretty slow on the development side of things. *Pun completely intended* lmao

• Like 1

Lol it's always "soon" with Sprint. For a company that's called Sprint they sure are moving pretty slow on the development side of things. *Pun completely intended* lmao

When Tim says its soon, its Soon! 

There is a reason why its trademarked!  :hee:

• Like 2

well yes.. I have the note 3 but again my bro has the note 4 and seems to have same service as me in areas I know I have bad service he does as well. but like I said Im going to see if my s4 that has a cracked screen is tribunal if it is I will fix it and connect it and see. I refuse to upgrade or buy a brand-new phone for service that Snails ahead (pun intended) I rode out this long Im giving a few more months 3 at most to see if they get fiber in my area before I jump shit I don't mind sticking with them if they get at least let rolling at least on b25... then ill be content that they will work their way up the rest of the bands. 

That's mainly because anytime they "Sprint"-ed they go shafted. Remember WiMax? First 4G network in the U.S. and no one adopted it. Sprint is being smart in letting the other carriers be the guinea pigs and then deploying afterwards even better than them.

• Like 3

That's mainly because anytime they "Sprint"-ed they go shafted. Remember WiMax? First 4G network in the U.S. and no one adopted it. Sprint is being smart in letting the other carriers be the guinea pigs and then deploying afterwards even better than them.

Definitely a smarter move on their part, especially with VoLTE.

Has anyone noticed abysmal B25 speeds lately?  Especially in the South Bronx where it was great?  I'm hoping it's just some backhaul issues with a few towers or adjustments.  B25 has been quite usable lately, and I've had zero issues with speed.  I have the Note 3 so I'm not tri-band and use SVLTE often.  But I can't wait to see what the M9 is all about.  I'll gladly give up SVLTE for HTC again.

Definitely a smarter move on their part, especially with VoLTE.

Has anyone noticed abysmal B25 speeds lately?  Especially in the South Bronx where it was great?  I'm hoping it's just some backhaul issues with a few towers or adjustments.  B25 has been quite usable lately, and I've had zero issues with speed.  I have the Note 3 so I'm not tri-band and use SVLTE often.  But I can't wait to see what the M9 is all about.  I'll gladly give up SVLTE for HTC again.

Actually I'm noticing the opposite, today my B25 hit its highest I've seen in about a year 9mbs in my apt.

I think network tuning with the other two bands are in full effect, so you might notice weirdness here and there for days or even weeks.

• Like 2

Soon™

From my understanding, once the second carrier is online, it would benefit all of us despite not having CA support? Obviously max throughput will not be that of a CA device, will this second carrier just be a slightly different frequency from the one being broadcasted now?

Also, how could one verify the second carrier is online from our current devices?

it makes sense but never go against the grain always supposed to do your own testing before you fall into the hype of a new technology. its like politics. we elect one selfish .... president after another... why because of the popular vote not for who should really be in office. 9 times out of 10 none of them should be they don't know what they are getting themselves into make false promises sort of like whats been going on. Its sad that the backhaul is our biggest setback when it comes to our LTE. the towers appear to be there just no power to them now thats sad! maybe we should find out who these companies are and make complaints about them on behalf of Sprint. Since we are the people we are the power behind Sprints finances. Without us there is no them... 

well to be honest... I have TWC I have the 100x10 connections never seen a mb over 87x7... wired or wireless but as for Sprint> I spoke to them last night and that 3g update on Myrtle Decatur was just a voice update -_-

87x7 is still respectable. 

I average 180-250x20 on my WIFI for my home internet, at the port sometimes over 300mbps.

I've never had any issues with voice especially now since I have my iP6, Sometimes it would disconnect on my 5 but that was rarely. I feel as though Sprint never even really upgraded the 3G side of data. Most sites are upgraded for 4G but I feel like they just left 3G as legacy and I could understand that but it's a little annoying especially when you fall off 4G.

That makes zero sense, since the 3G network is riding the same backhaul as the 4G network.

This isn't Verizon where it's discreet install, Sprint has the same site upgraded with all technology.

Come on man, that's just pure BS nonsense. 

Name one company did rebuilt their entire network (15 years in the making) in 4. 

Seriously it's actually not funny anymore.

• Like 4

And now with Band 26, you virtually have LTE everywhere in NYC. And they still have more sites to convert. It just keeps getting better and better.

I remember when people said, 'all I want is LTE everywhere' or, 'I just want Sprint to give me at least 2Mbps'. Now Sprint exceeds that and even has thousands of places with 20-70Mbps around NYC and the same people are complaining.

I feel like it doesn't matter what Sprint does, some just are unhappy with whatever Sprint does.

• Like 7

Come on man, that's just pure BS nonsense. 

Name one company did rebuilt their entire network (15 years in the making) in 4. 

Seriously it's actually not funny anymore.

This reminds me of those cooking shows, where the judges are sitting on their dumb asses criticizing the the contestant about their cooked food. just wish that once the contestant would turn around and tell the judges "Well, if you don't like it and feel it could be better then you f**king cook it." And yet, when they have those special editions that have the judges doing the cooking and getting evaluated, they fail miserably.

So yeah, its not easy rebuilding a network from the ground up but like what so many including Deval have said, it quite astonishing how much as been done in the little about of time. Yet some will continue to feel that its not fast enough.

TS

• Like 2