Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Did you guys hear about RadioShack filling fit for bankruptcy. They filed chapter 11, but they made a deal with Sprint in which they agreed to give half of their retail stores.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/02/05/radioshack-files-for-bankruptcy-will-shack-up-with-sprint/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you guys hear about RadioShack filling fit for bankruptcy. They filed chapter 11, but they made a deal with Sprint in which they agreed to give half of their retail stores.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/02/05/radioshack-files-for-bankruptcy-will-shack-up-with-sprint/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm warming up to it slowly if it is an opportunity to revamp Sprint stores and get them to stop being bad. I want something that looks a lot cleaner and more modern a lot more like what SoftBank has in Japan.

Also, it seems as if Verizon is in a bum rush to get rid of all the landline properties. I am not sure they are going hard enough - I would have sold the old Bell Atlantic territories to Frontier as well.

• Like 1

My job requires me to constantly be emailing and calling my clients so talking and being able to pull up an email at the same time is something I do everyday. Is a must for me and to suddenly lose that would be a big blow to me, unless of course I'm on wi-fi.

I would invest in an iPad with cellular in that instance. I do that now for work, and play.

My job requires me to constantly be emailing and calling my clients so talking and being able to pull up an email at the same time is something I do everyday. Is a must for me and to suddenly lose that would be a big blow to me, unless of course I'm on wi-fi.

I assume you do that / have a need for it on the road, because if its in an office environment, a regular phone line and PC would do wonders in regards to surf and talk.  :D

TS

Sooo long story short and not to get personal but I was on my roof yesterday and caught a sliver of LTE on my NOTE 3 for obvious reasons I was in clear way of an LTE tower... forgot the PING but had about 2 mbps on download didnt really care to see up. I knew I only had the signal because I was on roof so it was cool but didn't really excite me. Myrtle n Decatur St was voice update and evergreen and cooper was lte update... so tonight I go home to grab some stuff and my bro tells me to look at his phone... ie NOTE 4... and low and behold he has LTE so I Speedtest it and... he gets about 6down 9up... hmmm let's see what happens the next few days... either I upgrade to Note 4 or wait for s6 or I just wait to see if they do one of two updates in between...

• Like 2

Sooo long story short and not to get personal but I was on my roof yesterday and caught a sliver of LTE on my NOTE 3 for obvious reasons I was in clear way of an LTE tower... forgot the PING but had about 2 mbps on download didnt really care to see up. I knew I only had the signal because I was on roof so it was cool but didn't really excite me. Myrtle n Decatur St was voice update and evergreen and cooper was lte update... so tonight I go home to grab some stuff and my bro tells me to look at his phone... ie NOTE 4... and low and behold he has LTE so I Speedtest it and... he gets about 6down 9up... hmmm let's see what happens the next few days... either I upgrade to Note 4 or wait for s6 or I just wait to see if they do one of two updates in between...

Congratulations, its about time...

If you can, have your bro install signal check app to see what band and other details.

• Like 1

I guess after 16 years of being a Sprint customer, it never occurred to me to use my phone as such. There was always a workaround for me.

I use hangouts dialer in those moments I need voice and data. But tbh the audio is sub par to 1x over sprint voice network. I tried looking up the codec Google uses but haven't found anything useful its a emergency type thing when I do go that route to say the least. Native support with wider band voice frequency would be a perk.

I use hangouts dialer in those moments I need voice and data. But tbh the audio is sub par to 1x over sprint voice network. I tried looking up the codec Google uses but haven't found anything useful its a emergency type thing when I do go that route to say the least. Native support with wider band voice frequency would be a perk.

I have no problem using hangouts for voice calls, and before that I was using Google voice +Grove ip with sprint i always used to get missed calls only way to found out if somebody called me, was if they left me a voicemail. Even now hangouts will ring but not on the Sprint side.

I turned my integration off but noticed the same thing. Even now I'll get voicemail but no missed call... Something to worked on still...

I have no problem using hangouts for voice calls, and before that I was using Google voice +Grove ip with sprint i always used to get missed calls only way to found out if somebody called me, was if they left me a voicemail. Even now hangouts will ring but not on the Sprint side.

so, I've noticed something today I haven't switched to band 25 all day. & I wasn't sure if it was just my device until I saw another sprint tri band device doing exactly the same thing I've noticed it in my area and also I noticed it that else get from Band 26 directly to Band 41. My device being the HTC one h/k other device the lg g3.

• Like 1

so, I've noticed something today I haven't switched to band 25 all day. & I wasn't sure if it was just my device until I saw another sprint tri band device doing exactly the same thing I've noticed it in my area and also I noticed it that else get from Band 26 directly to Band 41. My device being the HTC one h/k other device the lg g3.

Same thing here...

Same thing here...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2176-network-visionlte-tampa-market/?p=400476

• Like 3

Wow, B25 performance has become completely usable now, even tho I typically would see okish B25 around 10am, but this is excellent!

Hitting over 13mbs indoors near my home.

Also caught some more Sprint B41 in fordham road and jerome, dont know how long thats been there but its new to me.. :tu:

B25 this morning

Screenshot_2015-02-10-09-47-03.png

• Like 4

Looking at Netindex, its clear that whatever Sprint is doing is working here in NYC, there Manhattan speeds increased from 7mbs to nearly 10mbs in a matter of 2 weeks! Looks like Sprint will break the 10mbs in the coming days and once again surpass ATT.

• Like 5

Looking at Netindex, its clear that whatever Sprint is doing is working here in NYC, there Manhattan speeds increased from 7mbs to nearly 10mbs in a matter of 2 weeks! Looks like Sprint will break the 10mbs in the coming days and once again surpass ATT.

That network optimization update working?

• Like 3

Fordham and jerome is newish... But I did drive through today and never dropped band 41 still haven't seen band 25 just continuous band 26 to band 41. My mom has the lg opimus g and well it's only band 25 but still slow speeds from the test I ran this morning.

I was once again by Bay Ridge in Brooklyn and I tested out speeds on Band 25, Band 41, and 3G.

These tests were performed on my friends iPhone 6 and this is what I got:

Band 41: 11.36 down 8.96 up 42ms ping

Band 25: 2.23 down and 1.72 up 66ms ping

3G: 1.23 down 0.96 up 96ms ping

These tests were performed at 7:30pm.

I must say I was blown away by Sprints 3G speeds. It was consistent when I ran the test twice.

Band 41 wasn't crazy fast compared to other results that I have seen but you can browse videos and do anything with those speeds I got.

Band 25 was slow but enough to allow anyone to watch a video and social media.

Overall, I am very impressed with Sprints speeds and improvements.

• Like 5