Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Could be a number a reasons... maintenance, equipment failure, upgrades, overloading, birds.... hard to say. You could try to open a ticket, see if they fix it.

I mean it's not a loss to me because I have LTE, and the 3G I connect to is Network Vision 1Mbps 3G, so I'm satisfied, it's just very peculiar to see. Makes me giddy on the inside though, if they're optimizing B26/adding B41 I'll be really freaking excited.
  • Like 1

I mean it's not a loss to me because I have LTE, and the 3G I connect to is Network Vision 1Mbps 3G, so I'm satisfied, it's just very peculiar to see. Makes me giddy on the inside though, if they're optimizing B26/adding B41 I'll be really freaking excited.

True, so long as you still get a usable 1x signal when you need it.

Network Vision 3G upgrades are brought online in clusters. When a site is 3G accepted, it very often does not go live because they have to wait for the entire cluster to be completed. Then all the 3G upgrades in that cluster go live immediately.

The LTE upgrades do not have to be brought up in clusters. So it is quite possible that your site has only LTE upgrades live and not 3G, even though both may be accepted.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

The site NY25XC800 seems to have disappeared after the building got teared down.

So let me get this straight. They put up a tower (or a tower was already there) and it got upgraded but then the building was torn down? Damn

TS out

Here's hoping ALU pulled the entire site and is in the process of moving it over! 

Williamsburg was not good. I was going to a concert, lurking around on band 25 - only did one speedtest, looked like 1Mbps. However, there was some weak band 41 at the Music Hall. Good sign of whats to come for that place!

Was recently at MSG for the Russell Peters comedy show, and was really impressed with B41 service. Speeds averaged 10-15mbps, but was consistently able to upload pictures and surf the web. 

• Like 6

Sprint seriously needs to reorganize their schedule for network optimization. My girlfriend lives by two cell sites that have been completed with support for all three bands for months now, and she still only gets 3G in her house. If I go to the living room and do a PRL update though, I can grab 2 bars of band 25. Band 26's range is so bad, makes me wonder why they turned it on since its basically unusable.

Sprint seriously needs to reorganize their schedule for network optimization. My girlfriend lives by two cell sites that have been completed with support for all three bands for months now, and she still only gets 3G in her house. If I go to the living room and do a PRL update though, I can grab 2 bars of band 25. Band 26's range is so bad, makes me wonder why they turned it on since its basically unusable.

Maybe cuz even without the extra coverage it still give more capacity. Adds twice the capacity if there is just b25 in the area.

At target on 116th st east side. Throughout the whole store in door Sprint B41. Awesome!

Clear site of 8T8R

Sprint B41... Speeds between 15-30mb, friend on ATT only saw HSPA+ 

Seriously?! 2.5GHz on Sprint penetrated this store but you're telling me neither AT&T's 700MHz nor PCS got through?!

8T8R GOD DAMN those are some strong antennas.