Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I close to corner of Cypress and Stephen St... One Tower is on Decatur St at Myrtle Ave and the other is on Myrtle Ave at Wyckoff Ave... Im dead smack in the middle of those sad excuses for Cellular Towers that they been telling me for 2 years were gonna be upgraded in 3 months... then in another 3 months... now they say Jan 2015... I started with Sprint exactly 12 years ago sometime this week. and yes the curse word is an understatement I used for the service in Ridgewood... most areas are a dead zone... 3g downloads speeds of .24mbs with a 642ms ping is a sad story for Sprint. The tower ON Myrtle/Wyckoff hasnt been updated in I believe more then 10 years Sprint tech said

Looks like your in a dead zone for sure, what device do you currently have? If its the note 3, its probably not helping the situation.

Looks like your in a dead zone for sure, what device do you currently have? If its the note 3, its probably not helping the situation.

note 3... me

note 3 my sis inlaw

i5s my sis in law

i5 my bro

note 4 my other bro that I live with just got last night no lte at the house

Bushwick sucks Ridgewood sucks parts of Glendale Sucks Middle Village as well and Maspeth too

so in comparison to note edge it states is has wcdma is that for us use? and has more lte and cdma bands on the phone does that mean US use is better to get note edge over note 4?

note 3... me

note 3 my sis inlaw

i5s my sis in law

i5 my bro

note 4 my other bro that I live with just got last night no lte at the house

Bushwick sucks Ridgewood sucks parts of Glendale Sucks Middle Village as well and Maspeth too

so in comparison to note edge it states is has wcdma is that for us use? and has more lte and cdma bands on the phone does that mean US use is better to get note edge over note 4?

Your sitting in a massive non LTE hole, until those sites get upgraded. 

Its most likely some logistical hurtles they have not been able to overcome. The sites are there, they just need to be completed.

But who knows what could be the hold up, and how long it would take. 

Your sitting in a massive non LTE hole, until those sites get upgraded. 

Its most likely some logistical hurtles they have not been able to overcome. The sites are there, they just need to be completed.

But who knows what could be the hold up, and how long it would take. 

its killing me to be honest... this is an over populated area... in 07 i worked for a 3rd party retailer for sprint a block away from Myrtle Wyckoff... the service was crappy then but point being made is that there was a ton of customers then and still are damn near my whole family has service with sprint in the area and you would think from getting enough complaints something would be done. there is no logic to upgrading towers that were already closer to 2014 then this particular one then to upgrade others that been touched recently. 

its killing me to be honest... this is an over populated area... in 07 i worked for a 3rd party retailer for sprint a block away from Myrtle Wyckoff... the service was crappy then but point being made is that there was a ton of customers then and still are damn near my whole family has service with sprint in the area and you would think from getting enough complaints something would be done. there is no logic to upgrading towers that were already closer to 2014 then this particular one then to upgrade others that been touched recently.

Here's the deal.

We can't do anything for you here and you've already done what you needed to do and contacted sprint to no avail. It may be best for you to find another provider that meets your needs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Here's the deal.

We can't do anything for you here and you've already done what you needed to do and contacted sprint to no avail. It may be best for you to find another provider that meets your needs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

yes Im gonna wait it out one last time to Jan then flee the mothership

Quick question. I just bought my sister in nyc a s4t. We bought it in Cali at best buy. They charged us tax for the full retail price of the phone. So instead of it being $1. We paid $62. Does NY state charge tax on the full amount as well? I feel like when I bought my s5 in nyc I was only charged tax in the subsidized price.

Quick question. I just bought my sister in nyc a s4t. We bought it in Cali at best buy. They charged us tax for the full retail price of the phone. So instead of it being $1. We paid $62. Does NY state charge tax on the full amount as well? I feel like when I bought my s5 in nyc I was only charged tax in the subsidized price.

no just the discounted price I got my lg g2 for one cent

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

no just the discounted price I got my lg g2 for one cent

That's what I thought. She tried returning/rebuy it at a best buy in nyc and they told her it's the same thing tax wise. I guess the best buy person didn't know what she was talking about. Anyone have any experience with adjusting tax at out of state best buys.

That's what I thought. She tried returning/rebuy it at a best buy in nyc and they told her it's the same thing tax wise. I guess the best buy person didn't know what she was talking about. Anyone have any experience with adjusting tax at out of state best buys.

yeah just return it and buy it again, unless best buy is changing you tax base on your zip code

Subsidized you pay on the price of the discounted phone. Easy Pay is full up front. I believe this is universal. Though most places beat NYC's 8.875% sales tax so you might have been better off anyways.

Subsidized you pay on the price of the discounted phone. Easy Pay is full up front. I believe this is universal. Though most places beat NYC's 8.875% sales tax so you might have been better off anyways.

Universal except California. :(

So I got a letter today from Sprint letting me know they miss me and want me to come back. I was one of many who paid their ETF and went to At&t on June 2013.

I want to go back to Sprint but I'm very hesitant. My first time with Sprint left a bad taste in my mouth. I joined Sprint when the iPhone 4S came out and it was a horrible experience with their super slow 3G network.

I know Sprint will pay my ETF as it says on the letter I received but I am still not sure whether I should go back.

Will I regret it if I switch back? I know their B25 is not fast and in NYC their are many B41 sites already online. How is their B26 coming alone? That will be very important for me since I would hate to lose LTE when I'm inside a building. I get LTE everywhere with At&t and cannot complain but there isn't anything better than having unlimited data.

I don't consider T-Mobile since their rural coverage sucks. Many times I leave the city and I need reliable service and I get that with At&t.

I understand Sprint is rebuilding their entire network and it is a slow process but will it be worthwhile once B25, B26, and B41 are fully online?

So I got a letter today from Sprint letting me know they miss me and want me to come back. I was one of many who paid their ETF and went to At&t on June 2013.

I want to go back to Sprint but I'm very hesitant. My first time with Sprint left a bad taste in my mouth. I joined Sprint when the iPhone 4S came out and it was a horrible experience with their super slow 3G network.

I know Sprint will pay my ETF as it says on the letter I received but I am still not sure whether I should go back.

Will I regret it if I switch back? I know their B25 is not fast and in NYC their are many B41 sites already online. How is their B26 coming alone? That will be very important for me since I would hate to lose LTE when I'm inside a building. I get LTE everywhere with At&t and cannot complain but there isn't anything better than having unlimited data.

I don't consider T-Mobile since their rural coverage sucks. Many times I leave the city and I need reliable service and I get that with At&t.

I understand Sprint is rebuilding their entire network and it is a slow process but will it be worthwhile once B25, B26, and B41 are fully online?

What you should do is use your 14 day trial that you get when you sign up service to test out the Sprint network with a triband spark device. Only you can determine if the network is right for you. 

• Like 1