Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Damn, must be more Sprint users there than I had originally imagined. This is in Mariner's Harbor in Staten Island

Well, fortunately sprint has plenty of 2.5 ghz spectrum to go around. Even without CA I don't ever see 2.5 ghz being over congested like 25 and 26 get.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

• Like 1

Sprint says Network Vision is substantially complete!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=14977

did you believe these lies? I believe in Bushwick Ave and Flushing those outages you are speaking of the other day the same thing happened to me. I had full bars but couldn't make or receive any calls on 3g or LTE I went outside about 100 feet away from building and the bars went down and I was able to send receive text calls and use internet. SMH the lies Sprint is feeding for customers to hold on for DEAR LIFE!

I went downstairs from my daughters Grandparents after constant resets and mode change so I can make a call after 30 minutes of patiently waiting for something that wasn't going to happen... for service to come back to phone. I called Sprint in which they lied and said nothing was wrong. That she google mapped it and saw Satellites for TV on top of building that may be obstructing the CELLULAR service. 

Edited by blamethealcohol

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=14977

did you believe these lies? I believe in Bushwick Ave and Flushing those outages you are speaking of the other day the same thing happened to me. I had full bars but couldn't make or receive any calls on 3g or LTE I went outside about 100 feet away from building and the bars went down and I was able to send receive text calls and use internet. SMH the lies Sprint is feeding for customers to hold on for DEAR LIFE!

I went downstairs from my daughters Grandparents after constant resists and mode change so I can make a call after 30 minutes of patiently waiting for something that wasn't going to happen... for service to come back to phone. I called Sprint in which they lied and said nothing was wrong. That she google mapped it and saw Satellites for TV on top of building that may be obstructing the CELLULAR service. 

Actually it is true that Network Vision 1.0 is mostly complete over 40K sites have been upgraded (that doesn't necessarily include backhauled sites, so it does include 3G only sites just waiting to be upgraded), no lies there, also we have established before that there are 3 towers in your area that have not been touched for who knows what reason, you aren't the only one in that situation. but I'm sure its something that is out of Sprints control. 

Also, I hope you have a tri band device, without it service would be very limited to put it lightly.

• Like 2

Which is the 3rd tower you speak of? But like stated I have Note 3... my brother has s5 and lives in the border area of Glendale and works in that area and has same issues as I... his phone is tri-band correct me if I'm wrong? But point being made is he experiences most of the problems I do in all areas. Network Vision is a flop! 3g (INSERT WHATEVER FOUL LANGUAGE HERE) I don't understand how not even 3g is decent. TMO and VZO 3g is like LTE on my phone when I do get LTE. I know you guys know more of the behind the scenes logic to these upgrades how don't you experience this? Or most of the testing you guys do is LTE?

Actually it is true that Network Vision 1.0 is mostly complete over 40K sites have been upgraded (that doesn't necessarily include backhauled sites, so it does include 3G only sites just waiting to be upgraded), no lies there, also we have established before that there are 3 towers in your area that have not been touched for who knows what reason, you aren't the only in that situation. but I'm sure its something that is out of Sprints control. 

Also, I hope you have a tri band device, without it service would be very limited to put it lightly

Which is the 3rd tower you speak of? But like stated I have Note 3... my brother has s5 and lives in the border area of Glendale and works in that area and lives and has same issues as I... his phone is tri-band correct me if I'm wrong? But point being made is he experiences most of the problems I do in all areas. Network Vision is a flop! 3g (INSERT WHATEVER FOUL LANGUAGE HERE) I don't understand how not even 3g is decent. TMO and VZO 3g is like LTE on my phone when I do get LTE. I know you guys know more of the behind the scenes logic to these upgrades how don't you experience this? Or most of the testing you guys do is LTE?

Sounds like you need to move on to another carrier...But this is what I get everywhere I go in NYC. 

But good luck in your situation...

I would not call this a Flop, in fact smokes all my Tmobile and Att buddies...

2014-12-08%2003.45.34.png

• Like 2

I had Metro which is TMO and by all means everywhere I went smoked Sprint out. But are those speeds in one place a kill zone for Sprint? I would love to see those in my face all time of the day. Not peak speeds but real time high traffic areas. Also what are your 3g speeds like in those same Killzones?

Sounds like you need to move on to another carrier...But this is what I get everywhere I go in NYC. 

But good luck in your situation...

I would not call this a Flop, in fact smokes all my Tmobile and Att buddies...

Most of the time I'm in NYC I'm not on 3G at all. However, when I am on 3G it is always more than usable. Pings are always 70-80ms and speeds are always in the 1.25-1.5Mbps range. Bushwick, Williamsburg, and a few areas are problem spots for Sprint that are likely being limited by some outside factor as opposed to Sprint being slow or anything of the sort. In fact, what I often find is that Sprint will upgrade a site and a week or two later, it'll get LTE simply because getting access to the site was the hard part.

• Like 1

so what are you suggesting for these lies of Ridgewood Bushwick updates? and the Note Edge and the Note 4 aren't good contenders for the 3rd party intergrade and the new LTE bands they are running service off of? I'd respect 3g at 1mbps consistently. I'd even respect 10mbps of LTE anything more is pointless to me. But I usually get 3g/LTE that barely runs and if I get LTE that runs its too much of a LAG on it. I've been with Sprint since 2002 I've not only heard it all from them but have experienced it first hand from ROAD TRIPS to Vermont to road trips to Overland Park Kansas and experiencing the same. So I'm not sure what to do but I will say I'm going to wait until January unless you can say otherwise that it isn't being worked on like they say it is and will be complete at that point.

Most of the time I'm in NYC I'm not on 3G at all. However, when I am on 3G it is always more than usable. Pings are always 70-80ms and speeds are always in the 1.25-1.5Mbps range. Bushwick, Williamsburg, and a few areas are problem spots for Sprint that are likely being limited by some outside factor as opposed to Sprint being slow or anything of the sort. In fact, what I often find is that Sprint will upgrade a site and a week or two later, it'll get LTE simply because getting access to the site was the hard part.

I had Metro which is TMO and by all means everywhere I went smoked Sprint out. But are those speeds in one place a kill zone for Sprint? I would love to see those in my face all time of the day. Not peak speeds but real time high traffic areas. Also what are your 3g speeds like in those same Killzones?

I dont remember the last time i was on 3G for longer than a few minutes, no matter where I test in the Bronx or Manhattan or west NY those are the speeds I typically see. 

But again, I stress when I am on B25 my speeds are more like 2mb-12mb(But im mostly on B41).. So best case scenario your seeing those kind of speeds..

so what are you suggesting for these lies of Ridgewood Bushwick updates? and the Note Edge and the Note 4 aren't good contenders for the 3rd party intergrade and the new LTE bands they are running service off of? I'd respect 3g at 1mbps consistently. I'd even respect 10mbps of LTE anything more is pointless to me. But I usually get 3g/LTE that barely runs and if I get LTE that runs its too much of a LAG on it. I've been with Sprint since 2002 I've not only heard it all from them but have experienced it first hand from ROAD TRIPS to Vermont to road trips to Overland Park Kansas and experiencing the same. So I'm not sure what to do but I will say I'm going to wait until January unless you can say otherwise that it isn't being worked on like they say it is and will be complete at that point.

No one is lying to you. CSRs aren't always the most informed on network issues, take anything they say with a grain of salt. Are you saying your experience in Kansas City was terrible too? Every visit to KC for me is excellent. As someone else has mentioned, it is highly recommended that you upgrade to a Spark device as soon as possible, otherwise you are missing out on the high speed network being deployed all around you.

I would also recommend you consider sponsoring the site, then you can see for yourself where your area is in regards to Network Vision. 

Otherwise, please watching your tone. Continued biting negativity while be grounds for suspension or banning. Consider this your warning. 

Wow thanks David for the threat but I didn't know you couldn't voice your opinion on a forum where as this is not really an opinion its more of what I'm experiencing the complete opposite from most of you. I actually never listen to CSR's I get to the Techs and then speak. But besides that Network Vision is supposed to be an all around upgrade 3g/LTE as well as voice. So when I state my opinion I base it on service experiences. I don't live in a nutshell I actually am on the road all the time to pass judgement on Sprint. I am frustrated and def am considering a new phone but won't make that upgrade until the Bushwick Ridgewood service is fixed because I never locked myself into a contract with Sprint I been buying my phones full price since 03-04 and wouldn't want to lock myself in unless I see change. I'll consider the sponsoring site if I only understood the whole process and privileges to it. 

No one is lying to you. CSRs aren't always the most informed on network issues, take anything they say with a grain of salt. Are you saying your experience in Kansas City was terrible too? Every visit to KC for me is excellent. As someone else has mentioned, it is highly recommended that you upgrade to a Spark device as soon as possible, otherwise you are missing out on the high speed network being deployed all around you.

I would also recommend you consider sponsoring the site, then you can see for yourself where your area is in regards to Network Vision. 

Otherwise, please watching your tone. Continued biting negativity while be grounds for suspension or banning. Consider this your warning. 

I leave my phone on cdma/lte mode and most of the time on 3g which even tho I don't have a Spark phone I should still see the LTE service I am able to receive reliably no? 

I just want to make the right decision in sticking with Sprint

Wow thanks David for the threat. I didn't know you couldn't voice your opinion on a forum where as this is what I'm experiencing the complete opposite from most of you. I actually never listen to CSR's I get to the Techs and then speak. But besides that Network Vision is supposed to be an all around upgrade 3g/LTE as well as voice. So when I state my opinion I base it based on service I don't live in a nutshell I actually am on the road all the time to pass judgement on Sprint. I am frustrated and def am considering a new phone but won't make that upgrade until the Bushwick Ridgewood service is fixed because I never locked myself into a contract with Sprint I been buying my phones full price since 03-04 and wouldn't want to lock myself in unless I see change. I'll consider the sponsoring site if I only understood the whole process and privileges to it. 

No threat, just informing you of the site rules. Rants and extremely negative posts are not tolerated. No one said you can't have an opinion. But posting things like "can you believe these lies" and "SMH the lies Sprint is feeding for customers to hold on for DEAR LIFE" and "3g (INSERT WHATEVER FOUL LANGUAGE HERE) I don't understand how not even 3g is decent" cross the line. You can report your experiences, good or bad, but watch the tone. The rule exists to keep the trolls from ruining the experience for those that are here simply to learn about the network. 

Sponsors have access to maps of every Sprint site in the network, and their current status in the NV project, including NV 3G, 1x800, and LTE acceptances, as well as other information. Premier Sponsors have access to Band 26 and Band 41 acceptances and schedules. More info: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Now, as far as your experience on the network. I strongly suspect it is related to your device. Others in your area are having a much better experience, likely due to the fact they have upgraded to Spark devices.

I can tell you the network in Kansas City runs fantastic. The network in St. Louis still has it's holes but is improving daily. The network in Chicago turned completely around over the summer, and continues to improve every week. New York City still has a number of sites that are sitting at NV 3G or waiting to be upgraded for whatever reason. So the experience will continue to improve as those sites are slowly converted. But, to get the whole package, you need a Spark device.

• Like 3

I respect that 100000% over your first statement which I initially found more rude then my statement. I didn't see it as you just stated. Sprint in turn has gotten better but I just don't understand how these areas are on the lag switch? Im going to make my donation now cause I always put my money where my mouth is and will stick it out with this NOTE 3 until I see the big change on my other brothers Note 4 in which I live with at the moment. And to make it clear I have 7 brothers and 3 sisters that only 2 of them have T-Mobile/Metro PCS and the rest has Sprint from NY NJ to NC. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No threat, just informing you of the site rules. Rants and extremely negative posts are no tolerated. No one said you can't have an opinion. But posting things like "can you believe these lies" and "SMH the lies Sprint is feeding for customers to hold on for DEAR LIFE" and "3g (INSERT WHATEVER FOUL LANGUAGE HERE) I don't understand how not even 3g is decent.

" cross the line. You can report your experiences, good or bad, but watch the tone. The rule exists to keep the trolls from ruining the experience for those that are here simply to learn about the network. 

Sponsors have access to the maps of every Sprint site in the network, and their current status in the NV project, including NV 3G, 1x800, and LTE acceptances, as well as other information. Premier Sponsors have access to Band 26 and Band 41 acceptances and schedules. More info: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Now, as far as your experience on the network. I strongly suspect it is related to your device. Others in your area are having a much better experience, likely due to the fact they have upgraded to Spark devices.

I can tell you the network in Kansas City runs fantastic. The network in St. Louis still has it's holes but is improving daily. The network in Chicago turned completely around over the summer, and continues to improve every week. New York City still has a number of sites that are sitting at NV 3G or waiting to be upgraded for whatever reason. So the experience will continue to improve as those sites are slowly converted. But, to get the whole package, you need a Spark device.

I just donated now how do I see these maps? I download an App? Are there special instructions I get now?

I just donated now how do I see these maps? I download an App? Are there special instructions I get now?

Robert will manually upgrade your status, at which point you will have access to these forums: 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/forum/31-interactive-s4gru-maps/

&

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/forum/30-s4gru-sponsors-forum/

• Like 1

I respect that 100000% over your first statement which I initially found more rude then my statement. I didn't see it as you just stated. Sprint in turn has gotten better but I just don't understand how these areas are on the lag switch? Im going to make my donation now cause I always put my money where my mouth is and will stick it out with this NOTE 3 until I see the big change on my other brothers Note 4 in which I live with at the moment. And to make it clear I have 7 brothers and 3 sisters that only 2 of them have T-Mobile/Metro PCS and the rest has Sprint from NY NJ to NC. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I did not receive a donation referencing your account name nor account email address. I went through the donations received yesterday and they all lined up to other existing accounts. Please send me a message with your PayPal transaction information.

I don't know ,maybe its me, but If BTA buys his devices as he claims he does, then he can get a tri-band phone, test it (for 2 weeks to see if it makes a difference for where he is at) and if it isn't, then he can return said device. Only then can he tell if Sprint is good for him or not. 

TS

• Like 2

I don't know ,maybe its me, but If BTA buys his devices as he claims he does, then he can get a tri-band phone, test it (for 2 weeks to see if it makes a difference for where he is at) and if it isn't, then he can return said device. Only then can he tell if Sprint is good for him or not.

TS

its not you. This is the only way to test it lol. It's what I would do for any provider.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

• Like 1

I did not receive a donation referencing your account name nor account email address. I went through the donations received yesterday and they all lined up to other existing accounts. Please send me a message with your PayPal transaction information.

Ill do it again... I guess I didn't complete the transaction... maybe its double confirm but I thought last night I seen it give confirmation guess I was speeding maybe its double verification before sending payment let me check credit card statement fast and if not Ill do it again and I don't know how to message here

• Like 1

Ill do it again... I guess I didn't complete the transaction... maybe its double confirm but I thought last night I seen it give confirmation guess I was speeding maybe its double verification before sending payment let me check credit card statement fast and if not Ill do it again and I don't know how to message here

Just got it.  You've been upgraded and good to go.  Thanks for supporting S4GRU.

• Like 1

This is INCREDIBLY peculiar.

As some of you may know, I live about 140 yards away from a Sprint tower. I was curious to check my signal strength on LTE and EVDO. The findings shock me.

LTE: 9mRrMjS.png

EVDO: rolt5hg.png

Any rational explanation for this? I thought EVDO would do better! PRL update fixed nothing.

PRL update and toggling airplane mode didn't connect me to EVDO at my tower. Any reason why they would shut down EVDO at my tower?

Could be a number a reasons... maintenance, equipment failure, upgrades, overloading, birds.... hard to say. You could try to open a ticket, see if they fix it.