Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Would love if we had pictures of all types of legacy equipment so it would be easier for some of us to figure out.

Can't wait to see this site get upgraded though, it needs it. Same with the GMO in Eltingville.

Its somewhere on the site just can't seem to find it.

I'm sure Tim can shed some light on where to find it.

So was up food shopping at stew leonards around ridge hill, and picked up a cell site with band 26, 25, and 8T8R band 41. Only got band 26,25 in the market. Band 41 outside in the parking lot.

Screenshot_2014-12-22-13-29-22.png

Screenshot_2014-12-22-13-33-43_1.jpg

• Like 2

Great! Just need MIMO turned on over here at my cell site, plus a second b25 carrier wouldn't hurt :rasp:

4x MIMO will be limited to Sprint B41 sites. Sprint does not have enough spectrum in NYC to deploy a second B25 carrier without refarming. But from what I hear that should happen sometime in 2015.

4x MIMO will be limited to Sprint B41 sites. Sprint does not have enough spectrum in NYC to deploy a second B25 carrier without refarming. Bit from what I hear that should happen sometime in 2015.

My site currently is without standard MIMO still. SISO :( And probably next year following NV completion. Too much 3G holes in Staten Island still!

My site currently is without standard MIMO still. SISO :( And probably next year following NV completion. Too much 3G holes in Staten Island still!

I'm pretty sure every Sprint site has 2xMIMO on by default.

I also know that the iPhone field test page is buggy and sometimes fails to report MIMO regardless if available or not.

I'm debating switching to Sprint.  I'm in Mamaroneck.  Anybody from the area care to comment about network, LTE availability?

Thanks!

I'm not from Mamaroneck but I took a look at a map for you.. Not looking too great for LTE unless they're using cell sites with great range. Do you work there or do you commute? 

I'm debating switching to Sprint.  I'm in Mamaroneck.  Anybody from the area care to comment about network, LTE availability?

Thanks!

I work in Rye New York and there are LTE sites live but coverage is spotty. I'm not so sure how the coverage is in Mamaroneck but between rye and rye Brook there are band 25 and 26 carriers sites on broadcasting. But since it a different township can say for certain how coverage is. Will be back up that way Friday and can report.

Something is seriously up with my cell site. No consistency at all - getting 20Mbps sometimes, 12Mbps sometimes, right now at 10PM I'm getting 1Mbps. What exactly is going on here?

Is this a clear band41 tower? As two sites are down and have been down going for a month intermittently transmitting then not transmitting anything at all. Even if you can conzero there is zero throughput

Is this a clear band41 tower? As two sites are down and have been down going for a month intermittently transmitting then not transmitting anything at all. Even if you can conzero there is zero throughput

It's a Sprint site, band 25 + 26. Link to the album of the site is in my signature. It used to be much more consistent (5Mbps-8Mbps during the day with occasional peaks to 15-20Mbps, 10Mbps+ at night), now it's just all over the place. Best part is it's been band 25 ready for a year and just started acting haywire this week. No idea what changed.

Did something different though - reported it in the Sprint Zone app, in the comments I added a link to the screenshot of my SpeedTest showing 1Mbps at 10PM when I live one block over. Hopefully somebody does something.

It's a Sprint site, band 25 + 26. Link to the album of the site is in my signature. It used to be much more consistent (5Mbps-8Mbps during the day with occasional peaks to 15-20Mbps, 10Mbps+ at night), now it's just all over the place. Best part is it's been band 25 ready for a year and just started acting haywire this week. No idea what changed.

Did something different though - reported it in the Sprint Zone app, in the comments I added a link to the screenshot of my SpeedTest showing 1Mbps at 10PM when I live one block over. Hopefully somebody does something.

Almost certainly getting Sprint B41, there probably tuning it and playing with backhaul etc..

Im pretty sure it isnt, all Clear sites have been restored..

this isn't true. Onc has been down for about 2 weeks now and the site that I reported to forum before it is going on 6 weeks! It came back then went out again shortly after.

this isn't true. Onc has been down for about 2 weeks now and the site that I reported to forum before it is going on 6 weeks! It came back then went out again shortly after.

I had a list of about 20 sites that were down, all of them have been restored.

Also, he is saying that he is not connecting to B41, in our previous case we would connect to B41 and no data would transfer.

So a completely different situation.