Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Then you should fix that!

Alright you're really dragging it. If you're not gonna help then don't reply to me thanks. You have a good day.

Sent from my shiny new Space Grey iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Alright you're really dragging it. If you're not gonna help then don't reply to me thanks. You have a good day.

A seasoned member should know how to use the search... just sayin. I'll leave it now.

Band 26 is live in Red Hook but speeds are abysmal. Pings were over 100ms and speeds were under 300kbps. I think that it has more to do with Ikea interfering with the signal greatly than it has to do with the tower itself. Unfortunately i was unable to see for myself because immediately when I went outside, my phone switched to PCS. 

It's still a step up though. Pre-Network Vision, Ikea used to be a Sprint dead zone with mostly roaming and a few pockets of 1x. Now I am able to get EVDO pretty much everywhere and LTE in some spots. In the dining area I had a -89dbm B26 signal where previously, I'd only have an okay EVDO signal.

• Like 1

Band 26 is live in Red Hook but speeds are abysmal. Pings were over 100ms and speeds were under 300kbps. I think that it has more to do with Ikea interfering with the signal greatly than it has to do with the tower itself. Unfortunately i was unable to see for myself because immediately when I went outside, my phone switched to PCS. 

It's still a step up though. Pre-Network Vision, Ikea used to be a Sprint dead zone with mostly roaming and a few pockets of 1x. Now I am able to get EVDO pretty much everywhere and LTE in some spots. In the dining area I had a -89dbm B26 signal where previously, I'd only have an okay EVDO signal.

I haven't been to our ikea in a while, but it is a bad signal zone too. When I move Ill make a trip over there and see how that area is performing. Last time I was there I had b41 in the mall in most places (well at least the food court), but the 3g was more than usable throughout the rest of the mall. Ikea is located right next to it. 

• Like 1

I haven't been to our ikea in a while, but it is a bad signal zone too. When I move Ill make a trip over there and see how that area is performing. Last time I was there I had b41 in the mall in most places (well at least the food court), but the 3g was more than usable throughout the rest of the mall. Ikea is located right next to it.

Yeah and it's not limited to Sprint either. Every carrier struggles in Ikea here in Brooklyn. My mom has 3G almost all the time throughout the store much like myself, and she's on Verizon.

• Like 1

Are any of our S4GRU New York'ers going to be in Times Square tonight? If there's a place and time in this country to test a cellular network under extreme stress, it has to be there at 12:00am. I'd be curious to know how well a mature Sprint network can handle 1) making a phone call 2) sending a sms, and 3) a speedtest.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Are any of our S4GRU New York'ers going to be in Times Square tonight? If there's a place and time in this country to test a cellular network under extreme stress, it has to be there at 12:00am. I'd be curious to know how well a mature Sprint network can handle 1) making a phone call 2) sending a sms, and 3) a speedtest.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

There is a ton of B41 surrounding Times Sq, I'm confident it would hold up well considering its already pretty packed on any given day. I tend to average between 15 and 25mbs no matter the time.

Besides that, I did it once when I was about to turn 20, never again!

• Like 1

I was in time squares last year on my htc evo, 4g lte wasn't fully deployed in that area then, I was on 3g in the hotel which was in time square. It was good for how many people were there. So putting b26/b41 in the mix, just makes it even better for network balancing in my mind. The sites in new york are so close together, that sprint will fair out pretty good :D

Good lord. I wonder how many SMS get sent tonight. It has to be tens of billions. I bet Apple could throw out the number of iMessages sent. SMS tracking would be difficult.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

Which IKEA is this? 

Which IKEA is this? 

RF signal is weak at any IKEA.  To make it stronger, you have to assemble all 5-20 MHz yourself.

AJ

• Like 8

Red Hook.

Just have a Redhook IPA or three…and you will stop worrying about such trivial things as IKEA and LTE.

red-hook-long-hammer-ipa.jpg

AJ

• Like 3

I find it interesting that the New York teenagers are the first ones "liking" my post.  What are you boys drinking?

;)

AJ

• Like 3

Great minds think alike!

But do they drink alike?  Presently, I am having iced tea.

AJ

RF signal is weak at any IKEA. To make it stronger, you have to assemble all 5-20 MHz yourself.

AJ

...With nothing but watered down glue, and an Allen wrench.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

I'm getting weird B41 speeds. My upload seems normal I'm getting around 10-15mbps, it's the download that's bothering me. It's like stuck below 3mbps. I'll start the speed test, it'll spike to like 6 and then slowly it goes down to 2.5 and it just stays there. What's up with that? Lol