Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

The majority of sprint sites in NYC already have proper eCSFB software in place, this issue only comes up with clear sites. So that would make sense if Clear sites need it as well. I'm assuming this site(s) went live recently and lacked the proper update.

We've actually been seeing the eCSFB issue crop up on Clear sites in several markets, including sites that have been active since last summer (Denver area). So I don't know what the issue is there, but hopefully they get the clear network integrated fully here soon, otherwise people are going to start getting upset.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Connected to B41 from 58st west side hway till about 42th street, I drive in that area on a regular basis and its the first time I have ever connected. But was unable to make or receive calls while connected to this site 

This was on my N5 using .15, the G2 completely ignored this site, and stayed connected to B25..

And I think that's the issue with B41 only sites. I'm glad your G2 worked correctly. Is it safe to assume that when you tried to make an outbound call on the Nexus, nothing happened?

And I think that's the issue with B41 only sites. I'm glad your G2 worked correctly. Is it safe to assume that when you tried to make an outbound call on the Nexus, nothing happened?

It would not allow me to make/receive calls or send text messages. 

Picking up Band 26 in Crown Heights! I toggled airplane mode to see if my phone would switch to Band 41 because I usually get it here, but I was pleasantly surprised when Band 26 popped up instead!

• Like 2

Picking up Band 26 in Crown Heights! I toggled airplane mode to see if my phone would switch to Band 41 because I usually get it here, but I was pleasantly surprised when Band 26 popped up instead!

wow looks like the deployment in going fast in brooklyn.

• Like 1

It would not allow me to make/receive calls or send text messages. 

Can you let me know what site you were connected to? PM it to me if you get a chance.

For some reason my M8 is not connecting to Band 41. At first I thought it was a radio issue, but that changed when I went to an area without Band 25 and cycled airplane mode. I wonder what gives?

Oops. I should've known this. Realized it's only b25 and b26.

My question is... Does anyone know how to force B26 onto the iphone 5s?

Toggling airplane mode and then back on normally shunts me to lte If it's available. As for forcing it to be on b26 over b25... That is impossible. The lte band your phone is on is network controlled.

Can someone paaalezze explain to me why Sprint's service is so horrible at stadiums. I went to Summer Jam this weekend at the MetLife, I had 4 dots of nothingness [emoji30],

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone paaalezze explain to me why Sprint's service is so horrible at stadiums. I went to Summer Jam this weekend at the MetLife, I had 4 dots of nothingness [emoji30],

Congestion.

They are planning to fix this by deploying small cells

So first time I've seen personally a sight favor band 41 over a non congested band 25 with stronger signal. In an office down in Chelsea and band 25 was about 79 to 81 dbm on my max band 41 95 to 104dbm. Pulled a 24/7 split on band 25 site and 16/3 on band 41.

Every network suffers when lots of people gather in one spot. The macro network just can't handle it.

That's why DAS/Small Cells/COWs/WiFi has to be deployed in order to maintain a usable network. Some venues have deals with certain providers and not others. 

Was amazing went I went to Busch stadium last week

qude7azu.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Was amazing went I went to Busch stadium last week

qude7azu.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thats a spark device?

Sprint's hosting an event on June 23rd & apparently, they have something to tell. I'm all ears, can't wait to find out what it is they're gonna say.