Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I've been seeing more and more B26 around my neighborhood in the Bronx, took a 2 mile walk and kept B26 then switched to B41. Happy with the new 4.4.3 update for my N5. 

This is finally becoming the network sprint has been touting all these years!

• Like 1

Can someone paaalezze explain to me why Sprint's service is so horrible at stadiums. I went to Summer Jam this weekend at the MetLife, I had 4 dots of nothingness [emoji30],

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, really? They have a connection into the DAS there, was working fine during the Super Bowl.

Is that a rhetorical question?

[emoji52] No not at all. I can't see the phone, all I see is the test.

Spark logo at the top gives it away. Also, b25 and b26 speeds do not go that high.

Lml i wasn't looking at the photo that hard

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1jki6x&s=8#.U5IgJXi9LCQ

So I finally got b26 in my house. Only getting 2 bars. Never had service in my house without my airave. Why am I not getting more then 2 bars? I thought b26 should overpower b25 . Anyway to somehow prioritize it?

So you went from no LTE to some LTE, sounds like its doing its job.
  • Like 2

So you went from no LTE to some LTE, sounds like its doing its job.

After doing some testing now. It's completely unstable. Calls are dropping and it's going back and forth to b25 and b26. Can't hold either band for more then a minute but it keeps on switching back.

This isn't normal.

What do you think is going on?

After doing some testing now. It's completely unstable. Calls are dropping and it's going back and forth to b25 and b26. Can't hold either band for more then a minute but it keeps on switching back.

This isn't normal.

What do you think is going on?

Calls have nothing to do with B26 or B25, it could be that they are working on the site as we speak. Also, it is normal for it to switch between bands as necessary, for capacity and coverage reasons..

Calls have nothing to do with B26 or B25, it could be that they are working on the site as we speak. Also, it is normal for it to switch between bands as necessary, for capacity and coverage reasons..

Well if band 26 had -110 for calls and b25 had -139 for calls.. I could see dropped calls in transition

I understand that bands do switch constantly, but I'm in the exact same room and all it does is switch back and forth. No stability. Plus I'm not seeing any type of significant improvement when it actually holds on to b26. How will b26 stabilize in my house if their is b25 around.

Well if band 26 had -110 for calls and b25 had -139 for calls.. I could see dropped calls in transition

I understand that bands do switch constantly, but I'm in the exact same room and all it does is switch back and forth. No stability. Plus I'm not seeing any type of significant improvement when it actually holds on to b26. How will b26 stabilize in my house if their is b25 around.

Band 25 and 26 have nothing to do with call quality. 1x800 is what your looking for to stabilize calls. Maybe your home site is not yet broadcasting BC10 (1x800) or your sitting in a place where signal just cannot reach. 

Have you been able to make calls from where you are before?

Band 25 and 26 have nothing to do with call quality. 1x800 is what your looking for to stabilize calls. Maybe your home site is not yet broadcasting BC10 (1x800) or your sitting in a place where signal just cannot reach.

Have you been able to make calls from where you are before?

I got between 1-2 bars before, but never stable enough to make a phone call or use the internet.

I know the LTE was 800, but don't even know how to check to see if I got 800 voice.

My question still is... How will anything change since I can get b25 and b26 in the exact same spot? What will help my situation?

I got between 1-2 bars before, but never stable enough to make a phone call or use the internet.

I know the LTE was 800, but don't even know how to check to see if I got 800 voice.

My question still is... How will anything change since I can get b25 and b26 in the exact same spot? What will help my situation?

I'm not 100% sure how to verify 1x800 on an iPhone, I know its in the field test page somewhere. Also, since its still early in the B26 deployment they will most likely make adjustments and tweaks as time goes on. It could also be that your B26 is coming from a distant site and not the same site as your B25.

I'm not 100% sure how to verify 1x800 on an iPhone, I know its in the field test page somewhere. Also, since its still early in the B26 deployment they will most likely make adjustments and tweaks as time goes on. It could also be that your B26 is coming from a distant site and not the same site as your B25.

Probably b26 is coming from a far signal. So was b41 that travelled like 10 miles or was it b26. Can't remember. Any place for me to check b26 progress in brooklyn?

Probably b26 is coming from a far signal. So was b41 that travelled like 10 miles or was it b26. Can't remember. Any place for me to check b26 progress in brooklyn?

Very very confused

I can't tell if you are trolling or not -__-

Your calls aren't dropping because of the lte signal...you are not on VoLTE

Calls are connected over 1x(1900 or 800)

You have to turn off lte in order to see what frequency your calls are going through, my guess would be the normal 1900 since you have an iphone...

B26(800 lte) is the band that has the best in building penetration for lte. B41(2.5ghz) has the most capacity but doesn't have the best propagation compared to b26

As for b26 they just enabled it and probably haven't adjusted the down tilt.

For your dropped calls it could be that either they are working on the tower in your area or you have a very weak 1x signal and your iphone doesn't switch over to 1x 800 because iPhones are like that... They prefer 1900 over 800 (for now)

Your "situation" will get better once they adjust the down tilt and have b26 and 1x 800 more widespread and adjusted

I can't tell if you are trolling or not -__-

Your calls aren't dropping because of the lte signal...you are not on VoLTE

Calls are connected over 1x(1900 or 800)

You have to turn off lte in order to see what frequency your calls are going through, my guess would be the normal 1900 since you have an iphone...

B26(800 lte) is the band that has the best in building penetration for lte. B41(2.5ghz) has the most capacity but doesn't have the best propagation compared to b26

As for b26 they just enabled it and probably haven't adjusted the down tilt.

For your dropped calls it could be that either they are working on the tower in your area or you have a very weak 1x signal and your iphone doesn't switch over to 1x 800 because iPhones are like that... They prefer 1900 over 800 (for now)

Your "situation" will get better once they adjust the down tilt and have b26 and 1x 800 more widespread and adjusted

Thanks for the detailed info.

I am not a troll. Don't worry. I have been here long enough, just hadn't done my research on the new bands. Ty

To make it clear, you're using CDMA2000 1X Advanced over either 800 or 1900 MHz to make phone calls. I'm guessing your phone has issues because it is prioritizing 1900 MHz connections over 800 MHz connections. Maybe moving to a Spark phone would help.

How much distance do all the bands cover? I would like to know the difference between 1900.800.2500

There is no definitive answer to this question because the equipment and locations vary wildly. lets just say 2500 is mostly for outdoors not good indoors, 1900 is the most common connection, good outdoors and average indoors, and 800 is for deeper indoor coverage.

Seeing a ton of B41 almost everywhere I go since I've upgraded to 4.4.3, All over Manhattan, Bronx, Yonkers. I would go as far as saying its about 40/60 split Band 25 and 41. I was seeing a lot of B26 a week ago, but seems they are turning it off and on for testing.

CHECK IT OUT GUYS!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9tPD5DtGverODFHS2tqRGZTeGRjR05SdkljR1o2S0FLRTBF/edit?usp=sharing