Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

here in Jackson heights a sprint tower went live last week with band 41. you guys know why they skipped band 25 upgrade . ,

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

FYI, Sprint Netindex average has increased almost 10% in the last week or so nationwide, in Manhattan, Sprint is catching up to Tmobile which is showing a slowing trend and so is Att (which Sprint already trumped big time). Verizon and Sprint both are showing increase of speeds as more and more users balance the load with B26/B41 and Verizons AWS.

I predict Sprint will overtake Tmobile in NYC within 3-4 months, and match or if not surpass Verizon in the next 10-12 months (cough*cough Carrier Aggregation)

• Like 1

Question , off topic but does anyone know if theres any kind of service at Rockaway Beach like on the beach itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question , off topic but does anyone know if theres any kind of service at Rockaway Beach like on the beach itself

My cousin lives in Rockaway Park so that's close enough. But yes, there is service in Rockaway Beach. There should even be decent LTE coverage there too. The only places around there that has poor coverage to my knowledge is when you drive towards Breezy Point, as if you are going to Riis Beach. On Riis Beach, I usually have one bar to two bars of 3G. Evn Verizon didn't have LTE out there. But then again, that was before Network Vision was a thing in that area.

• Like 1

My cousin lives in Rockaway Park so that's close enough. But yes, there is service in Rockaway Beach. There should even be decent LTE coverage there too. The only places around there that has poor coverage to my knowledge is when you drive towards Breezy Point, as if you are going to Riis Beach. On Riis Beach, I usually have one bar to two bars of 3G. Evn Verizon didn't have LTE out there. But then again, that was before Network Vision was a thing in that area.

Thanks bro much appreciated.

• Like 1

Got LTE as soon as I got on the Island , the panels were perched right on the building right in front of the bridge , i had LTE up until I walked to the beach. The signal didnt carry at all. Can't wait to upgrade. 3Gs good tho

Edited by IsaiahL
  • Like 1

There actually might be Band 41 over there, though I'm not certain.

Speaking of Band 41, I was in Riverdale yesterday because one of my friends was having a barbecue for my grade. According to Sensorly, Sprint has the least LTE coverage on Riverdale. Specifically, I was on 238th between Riverdale Ave and Johnson Ave. I convinced my friend to run a speed test on his T-Mobile iPhone 5s which he purchased that day. He had all bars of LTE and I had 1 bar of Band 41. My speeds still beat his. He was pulling about 16 Mbps and I was getting 25 Mbps. It was fun to be able to show off a bit.

As I walked towards the 1 train, my Band 41 signal increased to about -82 where I began getting 57Mbps.

Oh and in Inwood, Manhattan I had a Band 26 signal in the -60's. Speeds were about 22Mbps with bursts of 27Mbps.

• Like 3

There actually might be Band 41 over there, though I'm not certain.

Speaking of Band 41, I was in Riverdale yesterday because one of my friends was having a barbecue for my grade. According to Sensorly, Sprint has the least LTE coverage on Riverdale. Specifically, I was on 238th between Riverdale Ave and Johnson Ave. I convinced my friend to run a speed test on his T-Mobile iPhone 5s which he purchased that day. He had all bars of LTE and I had 1 bar of Band 41. My speeds still beat his. He was pulling about 16 Mbps and I was getting 25 Mbps. It was fun to be able to show off a bit.

As I walked towards the 1 train, my Band 41 signal increased to about -82 where I began getting 57Mbps.

Oh and in Inwood, Manhattan I had a Band 26 signal in the -60's. Speeds were about 22Mbps with burts of 27Mbps.

you were in my neighborhood all the sites u connected to about 2 weeks ago were dormant it seemed. Its been good tracking and keeping notes of all the sites I've connected too.
  • Like 1

By NYU, on LaGuardia Place on the southern side of Washington Square Park. This area didn't have LTE of any kind for a while and then a PCS site went live one day. Later as I was leaving, on the same day, my phone connected to Band 41.

Do you have a street address I can reference? 

here in Jackson heights a sprint tower went live last week with band 41. you guys know why they skipped band 25 upgrade . ,

Might have been a legacy Clearwire site?

Might have been a legacy Clearwire site?

no this part of queens never got wimax, i pass there everyday and my phone connected to band 41 full bars in that block

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

no this part of queens never got wimax, i pass there everyday and my phone connected to band 41 full bars in that block

According to Sensorly, Jackson Heights had quite a bit of WiMax. You can go to the Premier Sponsor section too.

According to Sensorly, Jackson Heights had quite a bit of WiMax. You can go to the Premier Sponsor section too.

no this part of Jackson heights never got wimax and i checked the forum still says no upgrades in that tower

no this part of Jackson heights never got wimax and i checked the forum still says no upgrades in that tower

Keep in mind, that the clear maps on the premiere forums have not been updated in quite a while. Despite that, a bunch of towers that are not listed as accepted have been and are already active.

But by chance that it isnt a clear site and indeed a sprint site, try to get a shot of the antennas. Here in NY, we have yet to get a shot of a live site.

Keep in mind, that the clear maps on the premiere forums have not been updated in quite a while. Despite that, a bunch of towers that are not listed as accepted have been and are already active.

But by chance that it isnt a clear site and indeed a sprint site, try to get a shot of the antennas. Here in NY, we have yet to get a shot of a live site.

i checked the maps and the site just got upgraded.

A tower that has been sitting LTE Accepted for some time, but not live was just turned on yesterday. It's right by Brooklyn College. In thearea, I'd often fall to 3G and yesterday my phone stayed on LTE. I can also confirm the presence of Band 41 in that area. It was as if the contractors did Band 25 and Band 41 at the same time.

Just like most of the new Band 41 towers that I have encountered, it is somehow rate limited. Speeds burst to 39 and then they setlle down significantly. This tower dropped me to 10Mbps. The upload, however was consistently around 14 Mbps in my testing.

A tower that has been sitting LTE Accepted for some time, but not live was just turned on yesterday. It's right by Brooklyn College. In thearea, I'd often fall to 3G and yesterday my phone stayed on LTE. I can also confirm the presence of Band 41 in that area. It was as if the contractors did Band 25 and Band 41 at the same time.

Just like most of the new Band 41 towers that I have encountered, it is somehow rate limited. Speeds burst to 39 and then they setlle down significantly. This tower dropped me to 10Mbps. The upload, however was consistently around 14 Mbps in my testing.

If information is accurate, all Sprint deployed Band 41 sites are in "field test mode" which means if you can connect at all, speeds are going to be limited. They are supposed to take them operational in the Q3 2014.

• Like 2

What's the address of the site?