Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Seeing a ton of B41 almost everywhere I go since I've upgraded to 4.4.3, All over Manhattan, Bronx, Yonkers. I would go as far as saying its about 40/60 split Band 25 and 41. I was seeing a lot of B26 a week ago, but seems they are turning it off and on for testing.

CHECK IT OUT GUYS!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9tPD5DtGverODFHS2tqRGZTeGRjR05SdkljR1o2S0FLRTBF/edit?usp=sharing

You're on the new radio on that version, right?

And my M8 is refusing to hop into Band 41 still unless there is no other band available. What's funny is that my old M8 was almost the opposite in that it'd only connect to Band 41, but hardly go to Band 25.

• Like 1

And my M8 is refusing to hop into Band 41 still unless there is no other band available. What's funny is that my old M8 was almost the opposite in that it'd only connect to Band 41, but hardly go to Band 25.

Is there anyway of adjusting scan priority on the M8?

Are you sure that they haven't just adjusted the towers in your area? I noticed when band 26 went live they seemed to position the band 25 towers different so that signal was stronger in building with the extra coverage band 26 provides. Band 41 wasn't connecting for awhile for me then when I am in certain areas walking by the above ground station. I then noticed recently, it will connect with in line of the sites direction but if i am passing under the particular site. It will stay on the stronger band 25 site unless I walk further up to a different tower which is positioned different. If I walk back towards the other tower it will hand off to band 41 till I walk out of range. Just my personal observation.

No HTC phones don't have the menu for scans priority available.

I never thought about that. All I know is that when I turned on site logging in SignalCheck while I went to Coney Island yesterday, I picked up a ton of Band 26 but no Band 41. It's so weird. I'm not the only one experiencing this either. Hopefully Sprint/HTC updates scan priorities in 4.4.3

• Like 1

Im with you had the m8 for a week in manhattan and i get 25 and 26 no problem but only saw 41 twice. Yesterday a -115 band 41 signal on city island still pulled about 10mbs down and three days ago on debrossis street in tribeca -104 signal pulled 20mbs. In both cases when i lost signal i would drop down to 1x because 25 and 26 wasnt avail. UGH i Need 41!!!!

• Like 2

Was in midtown and was on a band 41 site even though hand 25 was available at a better dBm so it may vary widely till all towers are upgraded with band 41 on the same sites which is part of NV 2.0 no? At my job I am always on the band 25 carrier unless i as mentioned before coke from a band 41 tower into the area before it hands off.

Hit some band 26 and 41 in flushing, queens. I must say, the nexus with new radio is picking up band 41 almost EVERYWHERE outdoors! Its more than I initially thought now that number is closer to 70% of time im connected to B41.

Gotta love the Ad on the bottom. Oh the irony!

Flushing Queens

Screenshot_2014-06-10-13-19-08.png

• Like 4

Hit some band 26 and 41 in flushing, queens. I must say, the nexus with new radio is picking up band 41 almost EVERYWHERE outdoors! Its more than I initially thought now that number is closer to 70% of time im connected to B41.

Gotta love the Ad on the bottom. Oh the irony!

Flushing Queens

Beautiful speeds. Y'all should start doing a ton of speed tests when connected to b41 and get sprints "average download" speeds up. It's not fair that they use an overcrowded b25 to write articles about who has the biggest epenis....I mean, fastest data download speeds.

The Spark network, if built out, could most certainly contribute in a merged company, even if that company was under the current TMUS leadership. Good to see they're moving fast in NYC.

The Spark network, if built out, could most certainly contribute in a merged company, even if that company was under the current TMUS leadership. Good to see they're moving fast in NYC.

I must say, its very clear that B41 is boss! Coverage is actually pretty good (except indoors) and the speeds are unreal! Blow Tmobile's away for the most part (Having added sooo many customers sooo quickly did nothing for there speeds in midtown during peak times, as my brother is no longer hitting 20-30's, its more like 5-10mb). If 8t8r is only half as good as they say, we are in for something pretty unbelievable!

• Like 1

So true. I saw a speed test video where one month, this person was getting 30Mbps. A month later he was getting only 10Mbps. I've seen posts on Google+ too that T-Mobile's LTE is starting to big down in Seattle. In an area where he used to get upwards of 30Mbps, he is lucky to get 5Mbps. He is able to get 30Mbps when he gets close to the tower but his speeds have decreased significantly.

Sprint is lucky in that they hit their low point a while back and is now picking up again. T-Mobile is stuck until they launch 20x20 here or 700MHz.

• Like 1

Additionally, I'm hoping HTC/Sprint fixes the radio scan priorities in the next update because I miss Band 41. It's not like I can swap my device though because I'm sure the rep won't understand what I mean when I say my phone won't connect to Band 41.

• Like 1

Additionally, I'm hoping HTC/Sprint fixes the radio scan priorities in the next update because I miss Band 41. It's not like I can swap my device though because I'm sure the rep won't understand what I mean when I say my phone won't connect to Band 41.

I know this is going to sound totally ridiculous, but have you tried a PRL update, that does adjust with Scan priority.

I know this is going to sound totally ridiculous, but have you tried a PRL update, that does adjust with Scan priority.

PRL's change LTE scan priority? I don't think that's the case. 

If you're going solely off the Signal Check Logs, I'm inclined to believe there is more B41 than it is reporting. There are some issues with the M8 reporting the incorrect PLMN which results in the app displaying the incorrect band. I would suggest learning which GCIs correspond with B25 and 26, and then which GCIs correspond with B41 and taking a closer look at your logs. Also checking the engineering screen periodically to see if what is being reported is correct.

PRL updates force a rescan of all LTE bands, but do not change LTE priorities. Profile updates have been known to adjust priorities, but even then that only affects the first scan. After that, it's the network deciding what band you are on, not your device.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

PRL updates force a rescan of all LTE bands, but do not change LTE priorities. Profile updates have been known to adjust priorities, but even then that only affects the first scan. After that, it's the network deciding what band you are on, not your device.

Sent from my Nexus 5

SInce I always do both Profile and PRL in tandem that could explain that.

SInce I always do both Profile and PRL in tandem that could explain that.

Just do PRL in the future, it should leave the scan priorities alone. Though not sure why you're running all those updates anyway :P

Sent from my Nexus 5

Just do PRL in the future, it should leave the scan priorities alone. Though not sure why you're running all those updates anyway :P

Sent from my Nexus 5

I stopped doing them alooong time ago, before .15 was a thing, it was the only way to latch onto B41. Seems like ages ago!

so I do not know if this is based off time as its 3 a.m. But coming from Inwood Manhattan back to the Bronx I've handed off to nothing but Band 41 Towers. Even in the area that I never get band 41 because band 25 is so strong is stayed on band  41. My whole walk has been pleasant watching it hold and not kick down even reaching 120+dbms. One thing to note I was getting delayed text messages and that could have been a sign of tower work being done at the time earlier in the day.

in addition I am now back in my room and I connected to Band 41 site. Well connected to the site I'm having issues with sending and receiving text messages so this tower I am connecting to is not optimized.

so I do not know if this is based off time as its 3 a.m. But coming from Inwood Manhattan back to the Bronx I've handed off to nothing but Band 41 Towers. Even in the area that I never get band 41 because band 25 is so strong is stayed on band  41. My whole walk has been pleasant watching it hold and not kick down even reaching 120+dbms. One thing to note I was getting delayed text messages and that could have been a sign of tower work being done at the time earlier in the day.

in addition I am now back in my room and I connected to Band 41 site. Well connected to the site I'm having issues with sending and receiving text messages so this tower I am connecting to is not optimized.

Which device are you using with these results?

Which device are you using with these results?

This is with my HTC one max. But the messed up part is that I have lost connection to voice and SMS completely yesterday bit was sporadic now no connection at all. I called this morning and there is tower work being done but I moved to a different service site. Still only received data. Had to download Vonage to make a VoIP call.

On the metro north and after a profile update. Back to voice and SMS now.