Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I think I may be on some 8T8R equipment or a new Band 41 site just went live. I'm in front of my school with a -86 dbm signal on Band 41 and speeds of 30 down and near 20 up. What's crazy is that the network penetration and such is equal to Band 25.

at my Job in city hall I had full band 41 with speeds around 50-60mbs. This was when I tried out an lg g2. I hope iPhone 6 has B41! I get no band 25 inside.
  • Like 1

Something huge just seemed to happen overnight. This time last week i was complaining i couldnt get band 41. Now im getting all three bands with no issues and handoffs are seemless! I can make calls in places i couldnt before and hold on to lte longer with a stronger signal...Gotta say im loving this m8 and finally sprint is out performing other carriers....My bro is complaining how tmoble is slowing down and he is getting way more dropped calls than i ever do in manhattan....Good to see sprint deliver.

• Like 2

Something huge just seemed to happen overnight. This time last week i was complaining i couldnt get band 41. Now im getting all three bands with no issues and handoffs are seemless! I can make calls in places i couldnt before and hold on to lte longer with a stronger signal...Gotta say im loving this m8 and finally sprint is out performing other carriers....My bro is complaining how tmoble is slowing down and he is getting way more dropped calls than i ever do in manhattan....Good to see sprint deliver.

Where are you located this is your residence area?

Where are you located this is your residence area?

Work on 23rd street & 9th ave live on 119th and 1st East harlem. Brother lives in central harlem on t mobile...I have noticed band 41 in tribeca near canal/ bmcc area, 23rd street and most of east and central harlem... Last week on my m8 (first week of having phone) i was consistantly picking up band 25 & 26 and never got 41 but since tuesday of this week bam 41 everywhere even holding  -120 db with 15mbs down...triband is working like a charm

• Like 3

city hall

Thats awesome! lower Manhattan has been the only place where service is almost unusable without a Triband device. Its great to see them finally bringing sprint sites online down there, its been quite a while since the last site came online!

• Like 1

Thats awesome! lower Manhattan has been the only place where service is almost unusable without a Triband device. Its great to see them finally bringing sprint sites online down there, its been quite a while since the last site came online!

yea it's good to see. It is really getting hammered though. Right now I'm not getting more then 1.5mb/s. Ping Is low so it's ok.

yea it's good to see. It is really getting hammered though. Right now I'm not getting more then 1.5mb/s. Ping Is low so it's ok.

I would expect that until more sites and B26/B41 from sprint come online, but definitely beats unusable 3G service...

I would expect that until more sites and B26/B41 from sprint come online, but definitely beats unusable 3G service...

thats for sure. Around this time I used to get 3G with ping of 700-900.

so I'm taking my first trip into Manhattan with the Nexus 5 we will see how it plays today I can already say that band 26 was a lot better in my house than it was in previous days I don't know why I was getting such high readings compared to band 25... That makes me happy. and just walking to the train I picked up a 3rd band 41 site I never knew was there on the nexus 5... I'm gonna stop my hate of the new radio for now.

The whole idea is for band 26 to have better indoor penetration. Wonder why b26 died off as soon as u got in?

Because Kings Plaza is horrible for any type of signal unless you are on the second floor. My mom only has EVDO inside and Sprint only has weak EVDO and a good 1x800 signal.

But more Band 41! This time in Old Mill Basin (Flatlands). Seems like insufficient backhaul though because I'm pulling speeds of 6 down and 14 up.

Edit: This is a -84dbm signal in my Aunt's house. Her PCS signal is -76dbm signal.

Coming back from my trip to the city was picking up new frames off the 1/2/3 line going over to 14th and 6th. Lots of eCSFB issues in the area as the phone attempted to connect to a band 41 site it would drop down. on 125thst same issue. Back uptown no issues connected to what seemed all band 41 sites and handoffs were seamless as well!

• Like 1

Same thing here in Chicago. My m8 wouldn't grab any b41 for the first week I had it. Now, it's been working pretty flawlessly all this week. I wonder what that was all about?
  • Like 1

Seems like the window for B26 is very narrow as of now (Near my home, cant really speak for other locations), it might still need some tweaking, but my N5 only connects once my B25 signal is  between -112dBm and -116dBm, anything worse than -116dBm will skip B26 all together and push me to 3G(which requires a ton of choking lol) even though I do receive about -12dBm  better on B26.

But im hoping they tweak it a bit more, there is one site that covers a huge area around my neighborhood and seems to be burdened more often than not. Once I am on B26 my speeds are awesome! so it would be nice to use it for a nice bump in speed and not just a bit of extra coverage.

I think I may be on some 8T8R equipment or a new Band 41 site just went live. I'm in front of my school with a -86 dbm signal on Band 41 and speeds of 30 down and near 20 up. What's crazy is that the network penetration and such is equal to Band 25.

Where is this exactly?

Where is this exactly?

By NYU, on LaGuardia Place on the southern side of Washington Square Park. This area didn't have LTE of any kind for a while and then a PCS site went live one day. Later as I was leaving, on the same day, my phone connected to Band 41.