Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

BUT tmo price is much better. People may tolerate slightly suckier service for much lower price but with 700a + new phones, service may equalize.

Not really, their price isn't THAT much different from Sprint. 700A doesn't really apply in the core NYC market, so that's useless.

It isn't working for me. Possibly due to the Airave in my house?

Go to setting and turn it on. Then go to settings-->general-- about and it will prompt a carrier update. That should maybe fix it

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

It isn't working for me. Possibly due to the Airave in my house?

Now that WiFi calling is enabled for your iPhone 6, why do you even still have the Airave turned on? For other members of your household that don't have wifi calling capable handsets? If that's not the case, then chuck that thing!

• Like 1

Now that WiFi calling is enabled for your iPhone 6, why do you even still have the Airave turned on? For other members of your household that don't have wifi calling capable handsets? If that's not the case, then chuck that thing!

WiFi calling on iOS still uses the Sprint network for SMS and MMS, that's reason enough to keep the airave until they get that solved.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I bring more good news in NYC.

Last week they must have flipped a switch to new backhaul in the Wall Street area. Speeds that had been averaging 1 Megabit/second are history... I have been consistently getting 10+ now.

Not quite the 30 or so I'm getting this weekend in Florida, but still a huge improvement. I'm generally beating speeds and pings from AT&T and T-Mobile iPhones with my Sprint 6.

• Like 5

WiFi calling on iOS still uses the Sprint network for SMS and MMS, that's reason enough to keep the airave until they get that solved.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

True. Plus, WiFi calling disables cross-device integration with your iPhone (like the ability to text or receive phone calls on a connected Mac or iPad).

I'm by family home 1 block from Yankee stadium. While a packed house, speeds are awesome on B25/26.

B41 is slammed..

I wonder if Yankee stadium finally got DAS!?

My sister went to tonight's game and she said her internet service sucked. She has an s4t. She's not technical but that's all she she said. She usually doesn't have complaints about sprint.

My sister went to tonight's game and she said her internet service sucked. She has an s4t. She's not technical but that's all she she said. She usually doesn't have complaints about sprint.

Im willing to bet she was stuck on B41, which was unusable...

Im willing to bet she was stuck on B41, which was unusable...

I'm sure. So when optimized will the network be able to distribute between bands more evenly at times like these. Or do we have to wait for 2nd and 3rd b41 carriers?

I'm by family home 1 block from Yankee stadium. While a packed house, speeds are awesome on B25/26.

B41 is slammed..

I wonder if Yankee stadium finally got DAS!?

No sadly they didn't.

I was at the 19 inning fun on Friday and had to set all of our Sprint phones to 3G only to upload pictures, etc.

No sadly they didn't.

I was at the 19 inning fun on Friday and had to set all of our Sprint phones to 3G only to upload pictures, etc.

Was your phone parked on B41? Did it even bother with B25 or 26?

These were my results during Saturday's game on B26...

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1238294459

B41 was going nowhere...

Was your phone parked on B41? Did it even bother with B25 or 26?

These were my results during Saturday's game on B26...

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1238294459

B41 was going nowhere...

Nope, both my M9 and iPhone 6 idled on B41. My wife has an iPhone 5S and her phone stayed on B25, just as unusable. 

I can tell you that it was unusable, had to set all the phones to 3G only for most of the game.

That's no good. Hopefully further updates will get load sharing working better. Seems the last update was just to make sure any and all spark devices sat grabbed B41 as much as possible, instead of actively sharing B25, 26 & 41.

Curious, would shutting B41 off have helped? Sounds like B25/26 wasn't as crowed? (That's a first).