Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

No cuz when i put in *#0011# it say CA no configure. How do i turn it on?

CA support is still in FIT testing. LTE-A will be enabled very soon, also, your device will need a software update to enable the option.

CA support is still in FIT testing. LTE-A will be enabled very soon, also, your device will need a software update to enable the option.

I understand. Its broadcasting but phone support is not enabled as of yet. A software update will come to enable it when launched. Do you know time frame for that? Thank u

I thought the GS5 didn't support CA?

What is 8t8r?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's means you have 8 transmitters and 8 receviers on the tower that increases coverage and fringe coverage performance and also it increases capacity

CA or Carrier Aggregation won't be available on any compatible device till after the second B41 carrier launches. That is irrespective of Clearwire or Sprint B41.

I understand. Its broadcasting but phone support is not enabled as of yet. A software update will come to enable it when launched. Do you know time frame for that? Thank u

I think you are mixing 8T8R and Carrier Aggregation. 

8T8R is just a type of antenna that improves B41 coverage. Sprint's B41 8T8R antennas are broadcasting and user accessible.

Only a few sites are broadcasting 2 B41 carriers (so far), which is what is needed for CA. However, all B41 devices can take advantage of both B41 carriers, just not at the same time. 

I think you are mixing 8T8R and Carrier Aggregation.

8T8R is just a type of antenna that improves B41 coverage. Sprint's B41 8T8R antennas are broadcasting and usage accessible.

Only a few sites are broadcasting 2 B41 carriers (so far), which is what is needed for CA. However, all B41 devices can take advantage of both B41 carriers, just not at the same time.

Yes ur right i am confusing both however id like to know when CA will be broadcasted and how can i tell if im using CA and what sites are broadcasting it? Edited by gs5eric

Yes ur right i am confusing both however id like to know when CA will be broadcasted and how can i tell if im using CA and what sites are broadcasting it?

It will be enabled when they're ready to enable it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

More 8t8r on 34th street and 9th ave. This site might also cover some indoor ground at Jacob Javits Center as well.

Do we know if 8t8r antennas on SI? This island needs a major upgrade when it comes to sprint wireless data and voice. Again the forgotten island.

Do we know if 8t8r antennas on SI? This island needs a major upgrade when it comes to sprint wireless data and voice. Again the forgotten island.

Didn't you post a screen shot of a Band 41 site from SI which happen to be 8t8r at one point or another?

Didn't you post a screen shot of a Band 41 site from SI which happen to be 8t8r at one point or another?

Yes I did but is a very low band 41 I don't get all over the island just that one place. so maybe it is here?

Has anybody seen the site by the McDonalds on Atlantic and Vanderbilt in Brooklyn? It's so weird, it looks like it is a temporary site or something. It has two panels that shoot right across the construction area toward the Barclay's Center and seems to be fed by microwave backhaul. The microwave backhaul radome is pointed toward another site on top of the storage building about a block away. That site seems to be fed by fiber. 

I'm having trouble figuring out what carrier it is but I'm thinking that it might be a Verizon site.

What's funny is that looking at a StreetView photo of the area where the site is now dated August 2014, it's not there in the photo.