Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I always wanted to ask this question. How do you guys know these information? Unless you work from the inside, you cannot get these information. Any sprint employees here?

Just tons of reading around. I am only 16.

• Like 2

If you were getting -100dbm indoor with 1900 mhz lte...

By what unit of measurement? RSSI or RSRP?

AJ

Robert needs, on average, $20 per new sponsor in order to keep the site running, the maps in the backend running, and himself and the rest of the data gatherers running.He appreciates any amount you send him as long as it's not minuscule like under $1 (where paypal starts taking a big portion of it).

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Maybe you guys can donate together something and at the same time both become sponsors.

As much as I would, in all honesty, love to, I am currently in between jobs. I also need to stay on top of my bills and my school's tuition. >.>

It's harder to get a job at a hospital these days. I've been waiting for a response for over a month now. :-(

As much as I would, in all honesty, love to, I am currently in between jobs. I also need to stay on top of my bills and my school's tuition. >.>

It's harder to get a job at a hospital these days. I've been waiting for a response for over a month now. :-(

Good luck! :)

Funny, I went to Connecticut for my favorite seafood restaurant for Easter, on the way back I went in search of a Fairway to get that Game of Thrones beer (yes there is such a thing) and noticed that there was a Fairway on Boston post Road. Then it dawn on me "what a minute, I'm in 4G country" lol and noticed that my 4G signal was consistent and strong. No matter where I went the signal was very good. (The family thought I was lost as I kept going around and around different areas).

TS

• Like 2

So I was in Sunnyside all weekend, and noticed that LTE had been enabled on the street level, around 40th Street and Greenpoint, but the signal was very spotty. I also picked up decent connectivity waiting for the 7 train this morning on 40th and Queens Blvd, but that's due to elevated train tracks.

Here's to hoping they get the network optimized, coverage in my girl's apartment went from decent to downright unusable depending on which room you're in. Although I get an LTE signal now at her place, and average 4-6mbps on the downlink.

• Like 1

I can't seem to understand why Lucent isn't turning on LTE first and then working on the 3G clusters like Samsung and Ericsson. It would make sense for those with LTE devices to move to LTE so 3G would be less crowded and have better overall experience. 3G is totally unusable in lower Manhattan since Sandy.

On a better note, more 3G enabled sites have been coming online in NYC each week. And now with the weather getting warmer, more sites should be coming on as we move along. Just wish Lucent turns on LTE first like the others. And SI now have some purple area. Finally the LTE there has been turned up.

• Like 2

Oh gosh, it's opening day here at Yankee stadium and speeds just took a head first dive into the concrete.

I would think that AlcaLu would upgrade the 161st street area with huge capacity and LTE for the massive crowds of 45,000+. Albeit they're not all sprint customers but easily a few thousand potentially are.

My average speeds of 500kbps down with pings of ~100 just turned into 40kbps with pings 400+ lol. I need to move xD

I can't seem to understand why Lucent isn't turning on LTE first and then working on the 3G clusters like Samsung and Ericsson. It would make sense for those with LTE devices to move to LTE so 3G would be less crowded and have better overall experience. 3G is totally unusable in lower Manhattan since Sandy.

On a better note, more 3G enabled sites have been coming online in NYC each week. And now with the weather getting warmer, more sites should be coming on as we move along. Just wish Lucent turns on LTE first like the others. And SI now have some purple area. Finally the LTE there has been turned up.

Backhaul availability would be the first thing that comes to mind. Why sit and wait for AAV to get onsite?

Oh gosh, it's opening day here at Yankee stadium and speeds just took a head first dive into the concrete.

I would think that AlcaLu would upgrade the 161st street area with huge capacity and LTE for the massive crowds of 45,000+. Albeit they're not all sprint customers but easily a few thousand potentially are.

My average speeds of 500kbps down with pings of ~100 just turned into 40kbps with pings 400+ lol. I need to move xD

Lol...I thought they upgraded a few sites around the area?

Side note, apparently the starting line up did the same thing.

Lol...I thought they upgraded a few sites around the area?

Side note, apparently the starting line up did the same thing.

Yea they did but in the west side of the stadium. I got about a 95 decibel signal while on jerome ave next to the stadium the other day. Speeds were decent at around 4mbps down but lets add The congestion of opening day and game days in general. There's a gap between there and east 161st where the signal is very LTE saturated.

Also haha! I see what you did there.

• Like 1

Backhaul availability would be the first thing that comes to mind. Why sit and wait for AAV to get onsite?

Now that is my issue too. Why does backhaul takes so long? It's like these companies don't want to make any money. They take forever to come and hook backhaul.

Now that is my issue too. Why does backhaul takes so long? It's like these companies don't want to make any money. They take forever to come and hook backhaul.

Actually they want to make money on their wireless and let others suffer.

Sent from my little Note2