Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I hope it comes back with a fresh new UI where iPhone users could map glad I downloaded it before they took it off .

Sensorly is waiting for Apple to ok the updated App. Speedtest was broken on the old one. Sorry, the mapping won't be available according to Sensorly guy/gal.

Sensorly is waiting for Apple to ok the updated App. Speedtest was broken on the old one. Sorry, the mapping won't be available according to Sensorly guy/gal.

Okay thanks for the update .

Is it just me or is Samsung better at deploying NV than alcatel. The Samsung equipment seems more efficient. Samsung is used in Chicago where LTE and 3g goes live faster than the alcatel equipment that we use in NY. Here a cluster must be complete before NV 3g Goes live then after that 4G lte goes live but it takes some time.. some people have been saying that Samsung doesn't need to wait for clusters to launch 3g and lte can go live at a site much faster. Also much of Chicago gets 800 voice faster than we get as well. Hoping in the end the results will be the same...Any thoughts?

Ok just answered my own question...

its not efficiency its method..Samsung is deploying using a better method in my opinion.

Difference in vendors. Every vendor is installing both 3G and LTE equipment at each site at the same time. However, the 3G upgrades have to be brought online in clusters. LTE does not need to be brought online in clusters.

So Samsung and Ericsson decided to bring up their LTE first. Alcatel Lucent decided to bring up their 3G clusters first and then come back and bring up LTE. I'm not certain of the reasons behind the decision. It's just the way every AlcaLu market has been, except Norfolk, Raleigh/Durham and Charlotte.

Edited by TonyStylesNYC

Alcalu also has more sites online than the other companies though. I think that they are doing really well. Their towers virtually only have to wait on backhaul. Once backhaul is in place, they can just throw on 4G easily. I think Chicago isn't a good example because the reason they are so far ahead is because of compatibility issues with the equipment there and NV equipment.

In other news, I am staying overnight at Gettysberg College. I realize that this is a Shentel area, but the speeds are gorgeous. 4G is everywhere even indoors! I love it!

Even on the PCS G spectrum that Sprint/Shentel has there? Whoa.

Even on the PCS G spectrum that Sprint/Shentel has there? Whoa.

Shentel has a very dense PCS network. Much denser than Sprint has in similar size communities.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Alcalu also has more sites online than the other companies though. I think that they are doing really well. Their towers virtually only have to wait on backhaul. Once backhaul is in place, they can just throw on 4G easily. I think Chicago isn't a good example because the reason they are so far ahead is because of compatibility issues with the equipment there and NV equipment.

Yeah up until like September it was almost hectic to be a sprint customer here in Chicago but once most of the old equipment left things started to look better now we are almost done.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

My phone is chewing up my battery in this spotty coverage. I don't use much data when I'm out and about so I can't just keep it on 3G only or turn data off entirely. In which case my phone lasts forever lol.

I've only used 1 Gb of 3G data and 400 mb of 4G data thus far and my cycle ends in 3 days. (Give it I am on wifi a lot thankfully).

Uh, no. You are going to need to produce some documentation to back up that assertion.

AJ

Seems like T-mobile is announcing fully converted cities for LTE. Well that's what the CEO said during the press conference. But since NYC isn't on the initial list of cities, I can't say for sure. I hope Sprint finishes LTE before they do here in NYC.

Seems like T-mobile is announcing fully converted cities for LTE. Well that's what the CEO said during the press conference. But since NYC isn't on the initial list of cities, I can't say for sure. I hope Sprint finishes LTE before they do here in NYC.

Please show me the quote where he says every site has been converted? Fact of the matter is no provider is going to wait for that. With the types of cash outlays it requires to do these type of enhancements, I'm pretty sure everyone wants to brag ASAP.

Please show me the quote where he says every site has been converted? Fact of the matter is no provider is going to wait for that. With the types of cash outlays it requires to do these type of enhancements, I'm pretty sure everyone wants to brag ASAP.

I don't have a quote. I was tracking the live blogs and that's what one of the bloggers said. I went back and can't seem to find it. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I guess we will see the sensorly maps with mapped area of the cities that was announced and know if it was everywhere or in spots. Even that I know isn't accurate. No proof to argue for it or against it I guess unless you live in those places and have T-Mobile phone.

I don't have a quote. I was tracking the live blogs and that's what one of the bloggers said. I went back and can't seem to find it. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I guess we will see the sensorly maps with mapped area of the cities that was announced and know if it was everywhere or in spots. Even that I know isn't accurate. No proof to argue for it or against it I guess unless you live in those places and have T-Mobile phone.

You can still provide nearly full coverage without having every site converted. This is how Sprint has launched every market. The initial once not so much, but subsequent market launches have come when there is nearly 100% coverage, but maybe 40% of sites converted. I doubt T-Mobile will wait for every site to be converted before launching the market. We just don't have the same kind of data on them that we do with Sprint.

whenever I see these kind of videos, i feel like i made a bad decision sticking with sprint. good job t mobile. they have strong HSPA+ in NYC and it seems like they are working hard on their LTE.

So then go to T-Mobile , Sprint is working hard on there LTE as well , if you can't wait then go to T-Mobile , I hear they have unlimited service too .

So then go to T-Mobile , Sprint is working hard on there LTE as well , if you can't wait then go to T-Mobile , I hear they have unlimited service too .

too late. already upgraded. thanks for your recommendation.

Its comical that these conversations exist on this board. With so much great information being posted about how volatile wireless networks can be from street to street, market to market, and carrier to carrier, why add to the marketing FUD? I'd personally like to see way less banter about these apples to oranges comparisons...

I've learned a great deal from the great contributors @ S4GRU. Keep it up guys

• Like 3

Its comical that these conversations exist on this board. With so much great information being posted about how volatile wireless networks can be from street to street, market to market, and carrier to carrier, why add to the marketing FUD? I'd personally like to see way less banter about these apples to oranges comparisons...

I've learned a great deal from the great contributors @ S4GRU. Keep it up guys

Agreed, why people come to this board to bash Sprint and revere other carriers is beyond me. That seems pointless.