Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

http://www.zacks.com...s-final-barrier

20 ×20 lte from tmobile/metro pcs merger from this article. Anything sprint will offer to counter?

Yeah, from memory, DFW is about the only market where T-Mobile-MetroPCS has enough AWS spectrum that 20 MHz FDD LTE would be feasible anytime soon, and even that is several years off. Do not believe all the hype that you read. When it comes to spectrum, I know the nitty gritty.

AJ

• Like 3

Yeah, from memory, DFW is about the only market where T-Mobile-MetroPCS has enough AWS spectrum that 20 MHz FDD LTE would be feasible anytime soon, and even that is several years off. Do not believe all the hype that you read. When it comes to spectrum, I know the nitty gritty.

AJ

The Oklahoma area is pretty AWS heavy too right?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The Oklahoma area is pretty AWS heavy too right?

There is no MetroPCS in any of the Oklahoma markets, thus no additional AWS spectrum.

AJ

I meant in T-Mobile's holdings.

T-Mobile does not have enough AWS spectrum on its own anywhere to deploy 20 MHz FDD LTE. That would require at least 50 MHz of AWS in order to continue one HSPA+ carrier and at least 25 MHz of PCS in order to redeploy DC-HSPA+ and continue GSM.

AJ

No, no connectivity in the subways. It'll be super annoying. Its weird enough when people are talking through Bluetooth on the train and you know the person doesn't have a cell signal.Besides, the subway infrastructure is over 100 years old and probably does not have enough space to hold basestations and such.

Wow that's bogas lol. To my surprise I get at least one bar of lte in the subway in Chicago. Vzw and us cellular been had signal there since some years ago.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Besides, the subway infrastructure is over 100 years old and probably does not have enough space to hold basestations and such.

The base stations could be located almost anywhere. The only thing that would be run through the tunnels is leaky coaxial cable, and that takes up effectively no space at all.

AJ

For Sprint yes. It means nothing. For other companies, they announce when it's fully up. Meaning T-mobile has finished before Sprint.

Uh, no. You are going to need to produce some documentation to back up that assertion.

AJ

• Like 3

Pardon the interruption, but NV in LIC is coming along nicely!

Love NV , I think one of the towers near me have been upgraded . I now get 1.50mbps down & like 1mbps up .

• Like 1

Love NV , I think one of the towers near me have been upgraded . I now get 1.50mbps down & like 1mbps up .

NV is great but I'm having some trouble on the Upper East Side. I live right on the edge of LTE coverage and my phone just constantly flips between e-HRPD and LTE. It KILLS battery! It kills me to change to CDMA only mode when I've waited so long... Can't wait till the coverage expands indoors! But on the street, the speeds are great! 25mbps down, 13mbps up!

Edited by luke2230

NV is great but I'm having some trouble on the Upper East Side. I live right on the edge of LTE coverage and my phone just constantly flips between e-HRPD and LTE. It KILLS battery! It kills me to change to CDMA only mode when I've waited so long... Can't wait till the coverage expands indoors! But on the street, the speeds are great! 25mbps down, 13mbps up!

Are you just above 72nd street and 1st? That where it's cutting off for me. The switching back and forth is a growing pain but I take that over nothing.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Are you just above 72nd street and 1st? That where it's cutting off for me. The switching back and forth is a growing pain but I take that over nothing.

No, I'm actually at 64th st on 1st. I've done quite a few tests in that area and the coverage varies greatly from street to street. I'm talking -85 dbm on York and 64th and -108 dbm on 1st and 64th. In my apartment it's about -113 dbm which is right on the edge of unusable, but hey, Sprint says there are a few tickets in my area. Hope it improves soon!

So how will I know when this is all comeing to CT area the 06708,06787,06795 areas..is there a chart or listing some where you can look, my speeds are slow, ping is high and dropped calls are many or raoming....

Touché

And luke2230 got 43ms in his screenshot just a little bit above. Not sure if I've got that low on 3G but I feel like sub-100 is the usual for me on an upgraded spot.

For Sprint yes. It means nothing. For other companies, they announce when it's fully up. Meaning T-mobile has finished before Sprint.

You can't be serious!!!! Atlanta was an lte launch market for at&t and verizon and I can assure that both companies did not have the entire altanta market built out at launch so I am not really sure where you are coming from.

You can't be serious!!!! Atlanta was an lte launch market for at&t and verizon and I can assure that both companies did not have the entire altanta market built out at launch so I am not really sure where you are coming from.

I agree. Verizon and AT&T both have LTE launched in Albuquerque. At launch, both had significant coverage gaps around ABQ. AT&T still does. Nothing even remote close to being on every site. I don't expect full coverage from Tmo either at launch. Heck, Tmo doesn't even have full coverage of HSPA+ in Santa Fe, and it launched over a year ago.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

It is all perception, and people will see what they want to see.

I for one know that NV is coming, and the work is being done daily, and that's good enough for me. In my travels, I have yet to come across a place where I wish I didn't have Sprint service.

• Like 2