Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

My house has 4G! I got to my front steps and realized I had a 4G signal in the -90's. Then I lost it when I went inside. Now I am in my kitchen and I have LTE!

Where do u live?

My house also got 4g but signal is really weak.

LTE signal has been changing day to day on the Upper East Side. I test it everyday on my commute and the strength of the signal and speed varies greatly. I test it in the same places with a few airplane mode toggles and reboots. They must be doing tests and adjusting. When the signal is strong and steady, IT'S FANTASTIC!

At home, the lte cell site constantly changes between 466, 297, 291 and 415. It constantly changes with dbm ranges from 103 to 110. Maybe this explains my 1x signal fluctuation for the past twp years before airave?

At home, the lte cell site constantly changes between 466, 297, 291 and 415. It constantly changes with dbm ranges from 103 to 110. Maybe this explains my 1x signal fluctuation for the past twp years before airave?

It looks like you live on the sector border, so your phone switches between sectors of the site. At least, that's what I'm thinking. I saw something similar to that happen this morning while waiting for the bus.

My phone was connected to the site about 2 blocks from the bus stop, but was switching between the two sectors.

Question of the day. Do you experience more 3G or LTE throughout your day?

3G all the time , unless I pass into Queens or Brooklyn to my dads .

Lol. What phone do u have that has 2g?

Don't all or most phones still have 2G (1x)? From what I remember, latest Androids by HTC and Samsung still display 3G even though it's actually connected to 1x. I see it on CyanogenMod.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

It looks like you live on the sector border, so your phone switches between sectors of the site. At least, that's what I'm thinking. I saw something similar to that happen this morning while waiting for the bus.

My phone was connected to the site about 2 blocks from the bus stop, but was switching between the two sectors.

I get best 4g with cell#415 with around 103dbm but I do not know why the phone kept on changing the cell to 466 and 291, which has considerably weaker signal. I know that I am closest to cell 466 but thats not where I get the best reception from.

Don't all or most phones still have 2G (1x)? From what I remember, latest Androids by HTC and Samsung still display 3G even though it's actually connected to 1x. I see it on CyanogenMod.

AJ said in a post before (I'm too lazy to go find it) 1x is part of CDMA2000 and so is EVDO. CDMAone is the 2G technology, and there is virtually none of that yet. Sprint isn't wrong in putting 1x as 3G, it is just stuper slow 3G.

AJ said in a post before (I'm too lazy to go find it) 1x is part of CDMA2000 and so is EVDO. CDMAone is the 2G technology, and there is virtually none of that yet. Sprint isn't wrong in putting 1x as 3G, it is just stuper slow 3G.

Ah. Thanks for clarifying. I guess it's easier for the everyday consumer. It's already confusing enough for people to see 4G HSPA+ and 4G LTE.

I'm not sure. Around the stadium yes and the signal is decent. I live about 100 yds away and my apartment gets no LTE. With all 3 games which they've had here, my 3G connection has been terrible due to the amount of people.

I'm not sure. Around the stadium yes and the signal is decent. I live about 100 yds away and my apartment gets no LTE. With all 3 games which they've had here, my 3G connection has been terrible due to the amount of people.

They should put dedicated towers in the stadium

They should put dedicated towers in the stadium

Went to a Nets game 2 weeks ago and I think they have in-building repeaters. LTE signal was okay outside the arena but when I got to my seat, full bars of LTE. Likely they did the same with Yankee stadium but eh... I still suffer on game day and so does half the morrisonia area lol.

Edited by NaNa_Ch!LL