Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Agreed, why people come to this board to bash Sprint and revere other carriers is beyond me. That seems pointless.

Not bashing sprint. Just giving big credit to tmobile with their data coverage and deployment. I love sprint and thats why my family has been with sprint and I have good faith that Sprint will get competitive again with 800/1900/2500 lte.

Questions guys , not trying to start any problems but why you guys keep talking about T-Mobiles launch & stuff .

Because it's always good to know what the other guy is doing.

Man, Midtown west, and lower Manhattan has been really quiet! I wonder what the hold up is...

Lower east side manhattan by east broadway stop has 5 bars of LTE. Doesn't show anything on sensorly at all even close to the area. Must of been turned on today because I was there 2 days ago and it was 3G. So people in the LES, you guys now have 4G

• Like 1

Lower east side manhattan by east broadway stop has 5 bars of LTE. Doesn't show anything on sensorly at all even close to the area. Must of been turned on today because I was there 2 days ago and it was 3G. So people in the LES, you guys now have 4G

If you zoom all the way in on sensorly's map it does show up off delancy. Also noticed some LTE on weehawken, wondering if thats coming from the Jersey side or NYC side..

If you zoom all the way in on sensorly's map it does show up off delancy. Also noticed some LTE on weehawken, wondering if thats coming from the Jersey side or NYC side..

I see that, but this is down east broadway. Things are picking up!

I work at 59th and Lex, and for the past few weeks, noticed a 4G signal with pretty decent speeds. This past week however, it looks like they deactivated it. My phone connects to the LTE spectrum, but cannot send or receive data. I have to manually force it down to 3G to get a usable signal.

Over in Park Slope, LTE is starting to pop up there, I noticed it mainly along 7th ave and Union street.

Ok new question. Have the program on the iPhone called signal 2. It shows me connected to 2 diff towers and it switches back and forth. Checking in the sponsors forum I noticed that on the nv map, neither of these towers are on the nv map. I'm really confused now because I get LTE signal on my steps and inside I don't. But if these towers that I connect to in my house are not going to get nv, am I still going to be able to get LTE eventually?

Here is a picture of the equipment at 28th Street on the 1 line. The other equipment in the stations I've visited look the same.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yz6olgj1zdkb00/2013-03-25%2007.57.02.jpg

The MTA has been working with Transit Wireless to install wifi and cellular in the NYCT Subway system. From a press release:

Transit Wireless and the carriers are paying 100 percent of the cost of the project, estimated at up to $200 million, including the cost of NYC Transit forces that provide flagging, protection and other support services. The MTA and Transit Wireless would also evenly split revenues from occupancy fees paid by the wireless carriers and other sub-licensees of the network. Transit Wireless will pay the MTA a minimum annual compensation of $3.3 million once the full build out of the network is complete.

(http://www.prnewswir...-130647308.html)

I curently get Wifi on many 1 train stations in Chelsea. 50th Street got connected last week. There is 3G data in some of the Chelsea A,C,E stations.

There are some plans posted online for Transit Wireless' "Base Station Hotel." http://transitwirele...uildersftp.com/

Also, both the MTA and California have significant outstanding debt, but California has more. A quick Google search can answer your questions like this.

Ok new question. Have the program on the iPhone called signal 2. It shows me connected to 2 diff towers and it switches back and forth. Checking in the sponsors forum I noticed that on the nv map, neither of these towers are on the nv map. I'm really confused now because I get LTE signal on my steps and inside I don't. But if these towers that I connect to in my house are not going to get nv, am I still going to be able to get LTE eventually?

I would trust the sponsor map since I think it shows the location of all the towers. Signal 2 isn't a perfect program but I find it to be accurate SOMETIMES. It's really a hit or miss type of thing because I've gotten GPS location of a few towers and the points were right on the money. Others not so much but at least if its not, it shows you the general direction from which the signal is coming from and strength.

So try comparing the direction of the signal to the map and make an educated guess on which tower it could be. Just my 2 cents.

I would trust the sponsor map since I think it shows the location of all the towers. Signal 2 isn't a perfect program but I find it to be accurate SOMETIMES. It's really a hit or miss type of thing because I've gotten GPS location of a few towers and the points were right on the money. Others not so much but at least if its not, it shows you the general direction from which the signal is coming from and strength.

So try comparing the direction of the signal to the map and make an educated guess on which tower it could be. Just my 2 cents.

Better question is. Is every sprint panel being converted to nv eventually?

Not bashing sprint. Just giving big credit to tmobile with their data coverage and deployment. I love sprint and thats why my family has been with sprint and I have good faith that Sprint will get competitive again with 800/1900/2500 lte.

Lol that's the first time I've ever heard anyone compliment T-Mobile's data coverage.

Even their EDGE coverage is pretty lackluster compared to the 3G coverage offered by the Big 3. I get 3G coverage in areas where T-Mobile only had EDGE, or worse... G

Better question is. Is every sprint panel being converted to nv eventually?

For the most part, every tower will be upgraded to at least some form of Network Vision.

• Like 1

LTE getting just a little stronger now where I'm at in the Upper East Side. Didn't get anything above 72nd and 1st. I'm at 74th and 1st and getting RSRP -104dBm according to Sensorly details. Speeds are decent by the window with 37ms, 2.48/0.81. Seems to be already mapped in Sensorly too.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

I work at 59th and Lex, and for the past few weeks, noticed a 4G signal with pretty decent speeds. This past week however, it looks like they deactivated it. My phone connects to the LTE spectrum, but cannot send or receive data. I have to manually force it down to 3G to get a usable signal.

Over in Park Slope, LTE is starting to pop up there, I noticed it mainly along 7th ave and Union street.

Was just in that area yesterday...Was averaging about 18-25mb down and 6-13 up..Downloaded 100mb video podcast in about 2minutes. Signal Strength hovered between -60 to -70dBm.

Was just in that area yesterday...Was averaging about 18-25mb down and 6-13 up..Downloaded 100mb video podcast in about 2minutes. Signal Strength hovered between -60 to -70dBm.

Interesting, maybe I need to run a profile update because I can't connect over 4G here anymore.

aU436tX.png

Interesting, maybe I need to run a profile update because I can't connect over 4G here anymore.

aU436tX.png

I dont have the info page but i do have my speed test results from yesterday. Also, its pretty well documented that profile updates do little more than toggling airplane mode.

Screenshot_2013-03-29-13-09-22.png

• Like 1

For the most part, every tower will be upgraded to at least some form of Network Vision.

Some form? I thought 1900 3G and LTE was going to appear on most towers in general and a few 800SMR upgrades here and there.

I mean when the build out is complete of course.

Edited by NaNa_Ch!LL

Some form? I thought 1900 3G and LTE was going to appear on most towers in general and a few 800SMR upgrades here and there.

I mean when the build out is complete of course.

It is, BUT, there are towers where they won't be able to put LTE, or put 800, etc.

I would wager 95% will be upgraded.

~95% is very good considering how many there are. Any reason why the other ~5% can't be upgraded?

Backhaul restrictions. Overlapping coverage areas that would be bad for interference... You don't have to worry about NYC.its more like the remaining 2% or 1% of towers. Its probably going to be around 100 or so towers at the most.

• Like 1