Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Wahhhh I hate thieves , Someone stole my phone , my poor iPhone 5 come back to me :'(

Damn. Sorry to hear. Taken right from you or when you weren't looking? And you tried the "Find my iPhone" app I'm guessing.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Anyone been to MSG lately? I went first week feb and didn't notice any LTE.

http://www.tpicom.com/pdf/news25.pdf

TPI brings LTE-DAS to the Madison Square

Garden and Improves Wireless Bandwidth

Dallas, TX—January 24, 2013– TPI a leading operator of indoor LTEDAS wireless infrastructure, has installed an LTE Distributed Antenna

System (“DAS”) in the Garden. The LTE DAS network will provide

Madison Square Garden fans with significantly increased bandwidth to

their mobile devices connected during games, with improved wireless

services to the millions that visit annually.

“TPI Systems owns and operates multiple DAS networks at

professional sports stadiums across the country,” said Jimmy Chiles,

President of TPI. “Our neutral-host LTE DAS networks can be utilized

by all major wireless carriers to provide their customers with increased

bandwidth during games, concerts, and other highly attended events.

We are excited to bring the latest LTE technology to the Madison

Square Garden enabling the finest wireless experience to millions of

fans and patrons.”

According to Vice President Bob Van Dyk , “We are committed to

providing exceptional LTE service to the fans while attending these big

events”. TPI operates a technology platform known as DAS that

delivers the signals from AT&T, Verizon and Sprint to the fans that visit

MSG and ensure thatfans stay connected during big events.” The new

TPI LTE-DAS constructed at MSG includes the installation of 550

antennas located throughout the Garden that will improve wireless

coverage and bandwidth during peak event times. In addition to

ensuring voice calls are successfully connected, the LTE-DAS will allow

media phones, tablets and other devices to access the internet, run

interactive applications and stream photos and videos to social

networking sites among many other benefits.

I pass through that area daily since I have to go Penn Station to get home, plus to get to work. I haven't noticed any LTE there in that area, but there seems to be a live NV 3G cluster since 3G speeds are quite good.

Wahhhh I hate thieves , Someone stole my phone , my poor iPhone 5 come back to me :'(

File a report with the authorities?

With all the sites live in more complete markets like Chicago and PR, why aren't the Sensorly maps more dark purple? I think the LTE sites are pretty dense on those areas.

I've been wondering the same thing. I noticed other maps like AT&T and Verizon with much denser coverage even in places that haven't launched yet... Hmm...

I've been wondering the same thing. I noticed other maps like AT&T and Verizon with much denser coverage even in places that haven't launched yet... Hmm...

Especially AT&T. Its almost always a super dark purple on their maps.

Especially AT&T. Its almost always a super dark purple on their maps.

And if you do Sensorly's compare carrier signal quality, at least around me, AT&T has like -65dbm while Sprint is like -105dbm. Hopefully that will improve in the future, but still. I live near a dark purple area for sprint. Should be higher.

That's why I have iGotYa installed on my iPhone 5 and when I had my Iphone 4. The app takes a picture silently with the front camera when the pass code is entered wrong, or when the phones is being turned off. I also set it so that the phone cannot be turned off.

When the picture is taken, the phone sends the picture to my email (or sms message to a designated #) with GPS map location of where the photo was taken.

Thanks to the iPhone 5's HD front camera, pictures come out impeccable. I believe there are several articles online depicting instances where a persons phone had it and was successful in capturing the crook's face.

It is the jailbroken app that I always recommend first and the one that I always install when I jailbreak any iDevice. I hope this helps for future reference.

http://www.redmondpie.com/find-my-iphone-alternative-igotya-takes-snaps-of-the-person-who-stole-your-iphone-hands-on-video/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2045874/iPhone-app-iGotYa-snaps-thief-emails-picture-owner-enters-incorrect-pincode.html

http://news.sky.com/story/1023338/igotya-app-sends-pic-to-stolen-iphones-owner

Use icloud to track you iPhone , Report i to sprint and they will black list the iPhone and file a report so that they can track the iPhone. Take a look at this http://www.macrumors.com/2013/02/22/apple-working-with-nypd-to-track-stolen-iphones/

I pass through that area daily since I have to go Penn Station to get home, plus to get to work. I haven't noticed any LTE there in that area, but there seems to be a live NV 3G cluster since 3G speeds are quite good.

The arena floor is on the 5th floor. So Im assuming the DAS solution would be up there and probably wont reach Penn Station. Probably only inside MSG. Alot of steel and concrete between the 2. So maybe its live in the arena already. Wont show up on sensorly cause you wont get GPS.

Damn. Sorry to hear. Taken right from you or when you weren't looking? And you tried the "Find my iPhone" app I'm guessing.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I tried that , but I didn't have a code at the moment so he took the phone & restored it right away . The guy got me when I was getting on the bus , I had my phone out cause my metro card was in the case so I had it in my hand then WOOP its gone , I chased him for a couple blocks but he was faster (probably did it before) & I lost him , called the cops & there currently tracking it through GPS . If they find it then ill just give it to my mom & keep the new one that shes about to buy me .

What r u using now?

Nothing for the next half hour im getting another one , I LOVE MY MOMMY

That's why I have iGotYa installed on my iPhone 5 and when I had my Iphone 4. The app takes a picture silently with the front camera when the pass code is entered wrong, or when the phones is being turned off. I also set it so that the phone cannot be turned off.

When the picture is taken, the phone sends the picture to my email (or sms message to a designated #) with GPS map location of where the photo was taken.

Thanks to the iPhone 5's HD front camera, pictures come out impeccable. I believe there are several articles online depicting instances where a persons phone had it and was successful in capturing the crook's face.

It is the jailbroken app that I always recommend first and the one that I always install when I jailbreak any iDevice. I hope this helps for future reference.

http://www.redmondpi...hands-on-video/

http://www.dailymail...ct-pincode.html

http://news.sky.com/...n-iphones-owner

Thanks , unfortunately I wasn't Jailbroken , they should make that an official App in the App Store it would sell exceptionally.

Use icloud to track you iPhone , Report i to sprint and they will black list the iPhone and file a report so that they can track the iPhone. Take a look at this http://www.macrumors...stolen-iphones/

Used iCloud , & Sprint was useless in the situation, I didn't have Equiptment Protection so even though i've been with them for 10+ years they wouldn't give me a new one, the only reason im getting another one is because someone else on my plan has an upgrade available . Sprint said I could use that & pay 200$ for a new one , better than nothing right :)

You can get a phone that allows you to map with Sensorly now ;)

Sent from my little Note2

Sikeee lmaoo TeamiPhone even when I don't have one .

Yeah I tried that , but I didn't have a code at the moment so he took the phone & restored it right away . The guy got me when I was getting on the bus , I had my phone out cause my metro card was in the case so I had it in my hand then WOOP its gone , I chased him for a couple blocks but he was faster (probably did it before) & I lost him , called the cops & there currently tracking it through GPS . If they find it then ill just give it to my mom & keep the new one that shes about to buy me .

Wow snatch and run. He was definitely scoping your phone out. Lesson learned. Use a security code and always be aware of your surroundings. When I get a bad feeling on the bus or train I just pocket my phone and keep to my business. I've had a guy come from over my should asking me to make a call and when I said no he demanded and threaten me in broad daylight with people around. I walked right across the street to a cop I had noticed. He bounced out of there pretty quick.

Back on topic, I tried mapping on Saturday night in the Meatpacking District area. No 4G there so far. I've actually been leaving my LTE off a lot of times unless I'm driving around or in a new area and curious. I've noticed better battery life which is expected.

• Like 1

Wow snatch and run. He was definitely scoping your phone out. Lesson learned. Use a security code and always be aware of your surroundings. When I get a bad feeling on the bus or train I just pocket my phone and keep to my business. I've had a guy come from over my should asking me to make a call and when I said no he demanded and threaten me in broad daylight with people around. I walked right across the street to a cop I had noticed. He bounced out of there pretty quick.

+1

If my surroundings are suspicious I throw my phone in my pocket. Sometimes if there's someone suspicious nearby I secretly pause my music through my iPod control on my headphones so I can hear.

One time I was on the train and 2 guys sat next to me. I wore a hat so no eye contact but I could see in my peripheral that he tapped his buddy's leg. Then I saw his hand point right at me as they leaned close towards each other. I proceeded to pause the music and pocketed my phone opposite from them.

It's New York City. Not saying that it doesn't happen anywhere else but stuff happens. You just have to always be aware.

If you are a typical youngster always listening to music or watching videos and cannot keep your handset in your pocket for more than five minutes, then you are an easy mark.

AJ

I believe stealing iphones in NYC is so prevalent that NYPD has a special task force assigned to hunting down people who steal iphones.

http://www.cnn.com/2...pd-iphone-squad

Lesson learned: Don't treat your phones as just "$200" devices because of the subsidy. Thieves can make an easy $400+ each stolen iphone if you are unaware and "look" like an easy picking.

• Like 1

Pay the $30.00 yr for Lookout and get device/lock/wipe and tracking. Both for IOS and Android, latest release even snaps a pic of the perp who enters the wrong unlock code to many times. To me its not just the cost fo the device but the information stored on it.

Pay the $30.00 yr for Lookout and get device/lock/wipe and tracking. Both for IOS and Android, latest release even snaps a pic of the perp who enters the wrong unlock code to many times. To me its not just the cost fo the device but the information stored on it.

Are you sure it snaps a picture? That would be a legal problem with Apple.

If you are a typical youngster always listening to music or watching videos and cannot keep your handset in your pocket for more than five minutes, then you are an easy mark.

AJ

Lml so true , I did have my headphones in but I usually carry my phone in my pocket but this time I had , had my metro card in my case & I was taking it out & the dude snatched it .