Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

You guys love that speedtest app. I could care less what it looked like. They need to make one that uses a very small amount of data and only takes 2 seconds to run.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

You guys love that speedtest app. I could care less what it looked like. They need to make one that uses a very small amount of data and only takes 2 seconds to run.

2 seconds doesn't sound like enough time to get an accurate number. I'm always down for UI changes but being able to log into my account is what I really want.

I just like the new UI more! I'm always up for a UI change as long as the app runs smoother. The current app on Android does not run as well as it did for iOS.

The old version did a good job of wasting data for thousands of users that like to measure their....

As you folks get older you will come to your senses and quickly realize it doesn't matter what the car looks like but how well does it work.

The old version did a good job of wasting data for thousands of users that like to measure their....

As you folks get older you will come to your senses and quickly realize it doesn't matter what the car looks like but how well does it work.

Okay I think we get you're tired of the app.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Does it matter? First to implement is where it matters to most people.

If they announce NYC market, that means they finished converting the whole market. That is quite fast compared to the speed which Sprint is going. That would matter to people. And now t-mobile would be a lot more attractive in NYC.

If they announce NYC market, that means they finished converting the whole market. That is quite fast compared to the speed which Sprint is going. That would matter to people. And now t-mobile would be a lot more attractive in NYC.

Well , We'll see but Sprint already has a head start it should take a while for T-Mobile to catch up .

• Like 1

Press Releases mean nothing.

If they announce NYC market, that means they finished converting the whole market.

No, it does not. Announcing a market does not mean that T-Mobile has "finished converting the whole market." Where in the world did you ever get that idea?

AJ

• Like 1

Yeah that is not remotely true. Sprint launched chicago at about 60% network vision sites live an about 40% lte live. Just means its widespread enough that most users will be able to experience it somewhere around the city. Means nothing

http://www.phonearen...-launch_id41138

TMobile is going 10×10 after metro pcs merger goes through. What do you guys think

What do I think? Wishful thinking. NYC will not see 10 MHz FDD LTE from T-Mobile anytime this year, potentially not anytime next year either.

Here are the real facts. T-Mobile holds 30 MHz of AWS spectrum in NYC, while MetroPCS holds 20 MHz. T-Mobile is currently running DC-HSPA+ (20 MHz) and deploying one 5 MHz FDD LTE carrier. That occupies T-Mobile's 30 MHz AWS bandwidth. MetroPCS, meanwhile, is running several CDMA1X carriers (10 MHz) and one 5 MHz FDD LTE carrier. That takes care of MetroPCS's AWS bandwidth.

In order to combine T-Mobile and MetroPCS AWS spectrum to deploy 10 MHz FDD LTE, MetroPCS will have to reprogram all devices to use T-Mobile LTE instead of MetroPCS LTE, shut down its own LTE in the AWS C block, push out new PRLs to all subs, and relocate its CDMA1X carriers from the AWS D block to the C block. Only then can T-Mobile extend its bandwidth from 5 MHz FDD LTE to 10 MHz FDD LTE.

In other words, it is a mess. Not gonna happen quickly...

AJ

• Like 1