Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

05621Fxx Labadie, MO Verified, mapped and tested for good LTE data.  I was on I44 but was still able to pick it up ok.

What happens if you map with the Gnex?

The problem is this: Notice what is in the RSRP field? that is the value for the UL Channel. Whenever there is an error like an LTE Disconnect it does this. So it reports a signal of (positive) 26665dbm....lol. Effectively scarring the map with dark purple.

9442091043_c9356d93a4_z_d.jpg

The problem is this: Notice what is in the RSRP field? that is the value for the UL Channel. Whenever there is an error like an LTE Disconnect it does this. So it reports a signal of (positive) 26665dbm....lol. Effectively scarring the map with dark purple.

Actually that is incorrect.  It just reports the wrong signal strength and holds on to what it had sometimes a dark purple sometimes not.  I've seen several SCP screenshots with a good LTE signal yet it they are connected to EVDO.

Actually that is incorrect.  It just reports the wrong signal strength and holds on to what it had sometimes a dark purple sometimes not.  I've seen several SCP screenshots with a good LTE signal yet it they are connected to EVDO.

Can you explain to me why it would do that, other than what I just said? I mean no offense. Just would like to understand what would make it do that. It just seems that explanation nails it. From my experience it maps fine after a reboot but once i get a 151515151515 error and it throws everything to the wrong field thats when it screws up.

Can you explain to me why it would do that, other than what I just said? I mean no offense. Just would like to understand what would make it do that. It just seems that explanation nails it. From my experience it maps fine after a reboot but once i get a 151515151515 error and it throws everything to the wrong field thats when it screws up.

Check with Sensorly on the details screen to be 100% sure to see what it is "seeing".  I doubt it is seeing 151515... set it to not report except on wifi, drive around, it won't take long before the GNex falls on its face.  Then before you connect on wifi reset the data and cache on the app so it nukes all the points waiting to upload.

Is this all the Spark is going to be or is there some other kind of speed increase. I have not been able to pick up near 50-60 mbps .

No one has been able to tell what the actual speeds will be like until connecting to it from a handset as connecting with a hotspot via wifi can degrade the speed. 

Is this all the Spark is going to be or is there some other kind of speed increase. I have not been able to pick up near 50-60 mbps .

Until all the sites are complete and backhaul increases have been put into place you won't see those speeds. Many of them are still running on the old WiMax backhaul, which generally maxes out around 25Mbps. In Robert's testing I'm Denver he was getting speeds around 50Mbps on the TD-LTE network. When backhaul gets upgraded to 100-200Mbps, we should see speeds like he saw. Possibly faster.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Until all the sites are complete and backhaul increases have been put into place you won't see those speeds. Many of them are still running on the old WiMax backhaul, which generally maxes out around 25Mbps. In Robert's testing I'm Denver he was getting speeds around 50Mbps on the TD-LTE network. When backhaul gets upgraded to 100-200Mbps, we should see speeds like he saw. Possibly faster.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

So what is the purpose of them making us wait to have the tri-band turned on for our phones?

So what is the purpose of them making us wait to have the tri-band turned on for our phones?

What do you mean buy "our phones"? So far it will be Nexus 5, G2, Galaxy Mega, HTC One Max, GS4 Mini. With the majority of those getting TD support sometime after launch.