Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

HTC One Max, LG G2, Galaxy S4 Mini, Nexus 5, Galaxy Mega. All releasing November 8th supporting tri-band LTE. For those who stick to this thread only.

Has any one confirmed if the Nexus 5 will launch with it enabled or need a software update like the G2

It will need a software update as well.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

so is the hardware different in these to allow a software update or could the htc one potentially get a software update to support as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

so is the hardware different in these to allow a software update or could the htc one potentially get a software update to support as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes they're different. They have three different bands of LTE built in. The HTC One, Note 3, and current version of the GS4 only have one. Tri-band is disabled by Sprint, it will take an update to re-enable them.

Yes they're different. They have three different bands of LTE built in. The HTC One, Note 3, and current version of the GS4 only have one. Tri-band is disabled by Sprint, it will take an update to re-enable them.

Do you guys think they can come up with a ROM that could enable it?

Just spent all night trying to convince my wife to let me spend $350 on an N5. She wanted a new phone too so i showed her all the ones that were tri-band....she decided she wanted a keyocera torque....lol. 

Tell her WRONG try again

Thats what she wants because it is waterproof. I tried to explain to her that its not going to work on tri-band and she doesn't care. I told her thats fine. I'll buy it for you on eBay for $70 and you can still keep your upgrade in April and then you can get a real phone. And after that I'll use it for fishing and camping. I'll sell her GNex for $80-90 and mine for $100-$115. So I'll spent $420 but get back around $200. 

Ya I am just now after 5 years convincing my wife that flagship phones are worth getting.

I normally don't at least while they're new. But this just makes the most sense. The way I looked at it I only had a few options. I could

1. Buy our upgrades early at a Sprint Store for $200 each then pay and additional $200 each for the G2 or $149 each for N5. Spending at least $350 each and losing ours upgrades as well as being forced to give our GNex's back for $39 each instead of selling them online for $100 each.

2. Add 2 lines (Best Buy LG G2 for free with new line) and cancel both current lines (etfs=$400 total). The downside of this is we would lose our phone numbers as well as not being able to upgrade for 2 years. and BB's sale ended. Its now $99each and you get $50 gift card.

3. Sign up for One Up. Turn in our GNex's for no compensation. Get 2 LG G2's. Pay $50 more per month for the life of the contract. And not have ownership of the device.

4. Buy N5 on Play Store for $350ea, sell our Gnex's($200 return).Total would have equaled $500 and we would have ownership of the devices, not have to switch our plans, no increase in monthly bill. 

My wife deciding on the Torque just made it a little easier to pull the trigger.

Lilg, I did play around with the Xperia Z1 at a T-Mobile store on Telegraph Rd. It ended up making me wish Sprint carried it.  I was surprisingly impressed with it. 

Shockingly, T-Mobile has upgraded Centralia, Salem, and Mt. Vernon to LTE, but there's places around the Metro East that I still see have EDGE. From what I see on their coverage map (I use the MetroPCS version with blue colors because the magenta makes my brain hurt  :lol: ) the coverage is still really weak in Troy and St. Jacob. Freeburg is LTE covered by the other three carriers and EDGE on T-Mobile. 

Their network decisions around here also make my head hurt.  :rolleyes: