Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I'm worried they would throttle to non Spark speeds if you don't pay say $10 or $20 /month if you don't add it. I hope you'll right. I will re-read when I get home.

< nothing to see here, move along >

There's no adding anything. It's just what they're calling the network. People already have the LG G2, so it's not like they needed a different plan for the phone.

I'm not worried at all, and you shouldn't be either. Don't create rumors. 

There's no adding anything. It's just what they're calling the network. People already have the LG G2, so it's not like they needed a different plan for the phone.

Wasn't trying to create rumors. I thought it was something different with the speeds that they were saying. My bad.

Every time I have been in the arnold area the last few weeks, the tower serving from church road, I've gotten zero or essentially zero data, this is with -70 lte signal.

play store times out, waze/maps search don't work, speedtest/sensorly will only down load a few kb or error out completely.

Every time I have been in the arnold area the last few weeks, the tower serving from church road, I've gotten zero or essentially zero data, this is with -70 lte signal.

play store times out, waze/maps search don't work, speedtest/sensorly will only down load a few kb or error out completely.

I haven't noticed data issues there I go thru there at 6am and 5pm most weekdays

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But this means we finally have confirmation of all of those phone coming out on November 8th! GS4 Mini!

But this means we finally have confirmation of all of those phone coming out on November 8th! GS4 Mini!

I'm not to impress with some of the Specs. The S4 mini and Mega are only having 1.5gb of ram. The G2 doesn't have expandable storage or removable battery. Looking at the HTC One Max it is like the G2 except bigger screen. 

I'm not to impress with some of the Specs. The S4 mini and Mega are only having 1.5gb of ram. The G2 doesn't have expandable storage or removable battery. Looking at the HTC One Max it is like the G2 except bigger screen. 

I'm looking for a middle of the road phone...hopefully it is around between free and $99 for upgrade. LG G2 won't get tri-band access til next year. 

The S4 Mini, Mega, and ONE Max are not flagships, and aren't meant to be top of the line. The G2 is. The ONE max is more along the lines of a blown up ONE mini. The G2 has better specs than the max.

As for expandable storage, and removable batteries, do you really need those anymore? With the cloud, and the much better batteries, it really not that necessary any more. 

I'm looking for a middle of the road phone...hopefully it is around between free and $99 for upgrade. LG G2 won't get tri-band access til next year. 

According to what? All I've seen just says it will receive an update to active Tri-Band, just like the Mega and ONE max will. Nothing says 2014. 

Ugh. So many press releases and articles to read today. Guess I missed that one. But given that the G2 is launching in November, 2014 isn't that far away. I have a feeling it will be sooner than later, why would they leave the flagship tri-band device out in the cold like that?

According to what? All I've seen just says it will receive an update to active Tri-Band, just like the Mega and ONE max will. Nothing says 2014. 

The Galaxy S4 Mini and Galaxy Mega will get a software update for tri-band compatibility shortly after launch, while the G2 will get its software update early next year.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57610032-94/sprint-unveils-spark-its-ultra-fast-1gb-wireless-service/

The Galaxy S4 Mini and Galaxy Mega will get a software update for tri-band compatibility shortly after launch, while the G2 will get its software update early next year.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57610032-94/sprint-unveils-spark-its-ultra-fast-1gb-wireless-service/

I don't quote anything but Sprint press releases when it comes to info like that, I missed the Sprint one. That's why I didn't believe it. http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/first-sprint-tri-band-capable-smartphones-arrive-on-nov-8.htm

Ugh. So many press releases and articles to read today. Guess I missed that one. But given that the G2 is launching in November, 2014 isn't that far away. I have a feeling it will be sooner than later, why would they leave the flagship tri-band device out in the cold like that?

Idk but I can't wait for prices on these!

Idk but I can't wait for prices on these!

I have no interest in the S4 Mini, Mega, or ONE max. I want top of the line.. lol. The G2, I almost pulled the trigger but I think I will wait now. Hopefully Best Buy keeps it's aggressive pricing. I could have gotten it for $30 this week. 

The S4 Mini, Mega, and ONE Max are not flagships, and aren't meant to be top of the line. The G2 is. The ONE max is more along the lines of a blown up ONE mini. The G2 has better specs than the max.

As for expandable storage, and removable batteries, do you really need those anymore? With the cloud, and the much better batteries, it really not that necessary any more. 

I don't like personally storing things on cloud especially pictures. 

David, did you see this? You think they are talking VoLTE?

Equipped with one of Sprint’s new tri-band devices, customers in upgraded areas of these first Sprint Spark coverage areas will have access to our fastest mobile data speeds with improved call quality and stronger indoor signal on the way.

http://faster.sprint.com/2013/10/30/first-sprint-spark-cities-announced/?INTMKT=MA:MS:103013:SparkHub:Home_Content

I don't like personally storing things on cloud especially pictures. 

I keep most pictures on my phone, but backup to the cloud. I gradually clear out older pictures. I've never run into any memory issues so far on my HTC ONE, despite there being no expandable memory. 

David, did you see this? You think they are talking VoLTE?

No, I think they are still talking about the improvements to the 3G network, and 1x800. There aren't any devices that support VoLTE yet. 

improved call quality and stronger indoor signal on the way

Sounds like 1x800 to me.

• Like 1

I have no interest in the S4 Mini, Mega, or ONE max. I want top of the line.. lol. The G2, I almost pulled the trigger but I think I will wait now. Hopefully Best Buy keeps it's aggressive pricing. I could have gotten it for $30 this week. 

Actually now that I am thinking about it, i might still get the G2. The bigger screen, optical image stabilizer, and knock on are very important to me.

probably 1x800 voice, but maybe hd voice is coming back (or starting to move forward).

That's a possibility as well. Considering the last update to the EVO LTE was to supposedly enable HD Voice, though I don't know if any can tell if they've been using it or not.

05604Axx Lebanon, MO Verified, mapped and tested for good LTE data.

To reiterate 05604Axx Lebanon, MO Verified, mapped and tested for good LTE data.  Doesn't show on our maps but on the NV complete thread it does.  Just FYI.

056125xx Pevely, MO Verified, mapped and tested for good LTE data

• Like 2

The HTC will only give you the HEX. It won't give you the 3 Digit SCIDs. If you have a Samsung or a LG those would give them to you or even a iPhone that is LTE capable you can get them.

I should have updated my profile sooner, as I'm using a Moto X now. The LTE engineering screen has a field for SCID, but I haven't looked at it while actually connected to 4G yet, so it's blank...

I should have updated my profile sooner, as I'm using a Moto X now. The LTE engineering screen has a field for SCID, but I haven't looked at it while actually connected to 4G yet, so it's blank...

Aww ok. What I like about the SIII is that it will hold the last SCID that it was connected to. Pretty cool feature.