Galaxy S20 Series Discussion

mdob07

1 minute ago, Terrell352 said:

I also got it on my unlocked ultra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping the update comes to our unlocked devices on the same day as the Sprint branded devices instead of a few days later like normal software updates.

This is sure tempting.. I live in a subpar Sprint and TM network (WI) an I'm wondering if it is better to hold off for the next gen 5G phones and see how the network gets integrated here. 9d3e1e0e1dbc96aebf79b5dc5b89d3a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

This is sure tempting.. I live in a subpar Sprint and TM network (WI) an I'm wondering if it is better to hold off for the next gen 5G phones and see how the network gets integrated here.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Your immediate area is not in the T-mobile 5G coverage maps (at least Eagle, WI according to your avatar), but there's quite a bit around us when they flip this Sprint S20 on T-mobile 5G switch next week. If T-mobile is anything like Sprint on coverage maps, we likely have more 5G around us but it might not be official on the maps yet. Not like many of us will travel any time soon. 

On 4/21/2020 at 4:12 PM, Terrell352 said:

Update 4/28 to enable for any Sprint GS20 series device.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Did it happen? I don't seem to have any update available. 

9 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Nothing yet I've been checking since like 11pm last night.

Same. Been checking every 10 minutes since midnight. Done everything. Checked for actual software updates, done multiple PRL and Profile updates, tried airplane mode, power cycling and manually selecting N71. Still no 5G as of 10:17 AM Central.

9 minutes ago, EntrepreneurKid said:

Same. Been checking every 10 minutes since midnight. Done everything. Checked for actual software updates, done multiple PRL and Profile updates, tried airplane mode, power cycling and manually selecting N71. Still no 5G as of 10:17 AM Central.

They dropped the ball? Its in facts that it was supposed to be today. I didn't get any updates to my ultra unlocked or my sprint S20

7 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

They dropped the ball? Its in facts that it was supposed to be today. I didn't get any updates to my ultra unlocked or my sprint S20

Speaking to a customer service rep, they're saying it will be a gradual rollout to capable 5G devices, so the compatible S20s over the next 24 hours. That devices will slowly be provisioned.

Speaking to a customer service rep, they're saying it will be a gradual rollout to capable 5G devices, so the compatible S20s over the next 24 hours. That devices will slowly be provisioned.
There are so many times customer service is wrong I don't trust them anymore. I know more than the reps do 9 of out 10 times.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

see my post on the NYC page 

Your not alone, Reddit is lighting up over it, people in good Sprint 5G coverage loosing that to T-Mobile 600mhz 5g....merger first step not going well...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rickie546 said:

Your not alone, Reddit is lighting up over it, people in good Sprint 5G coverage loosing that to T-Mobile 600mhz 5g....merger first step not going well...

I don't mind having access to TMobile 600mhz but my phone isn't even connecting to it. Just Band 66, 2 and 12 and it still says 5G which is a flat out lie.  Maybe the unlocked S20 don't have the software update for B71 yet. 

Yeah, mine just switched to B66 "5G" with upload speeds of "FAILED CONNECTION". [emoji23] 
B66 is still LTE as their 5G is non standalone. So it's LTE B66 with n71 5G. Will be the same way with B41 until stand-alone happens

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

B66 is still LTE as their 5G is non standalone. So it's LTE B66 with n71 5G. Will be the same way with B41 until stand-alone happens

When i check the signals via *#0011# it doesn't show the phone connected to any NR signal so I don't know if it just doesn't show it or if T-mobile is listing LTE as 5G now. 

When n71 is used with B66 can the phone also agrigate other LTE bands?

When i check the signals via *#0011# it doesn't show the phone connected to any NR signal so I don't know if it just doesn't show it or if T-mobile is listing LTE as 5G now. 
When n71 is used with B66 can the phone also agrigate other LTE bands?
I think so. Thought someone posted 66+n71+B2

I did attempt to force my phone back on to Sprint. And I only have access to band 25 not bad 26 nor band 41. Even with 3x20 wide carriers for T-Mobile for 71,66,2 aggregated, speeds are not breaking past 13 down. Only 10 megahertz is allotted to 5G for band 71. For current total 30mhz in that particular band.

Interesting enough the endc software is activated on that particular Sprint Tower so I do believe it means it's 5G ready because when it was connected to band 25 it showed 5G in the status bar.

Going to take a guess they may keep that sprint site for capacity purposes.The  tower for me has a 20+20+10 arrangement.I would normally pull 90 down at this from it, over band 41 LTE.

Oooo, baby. This 0.25 Mbps 5G is clearly the future! Can't wait for my email to download a single message. 

That is why I find lowband 5G pointless. 5G should just be mid band and Mmwave. Put all 600 on LTE and you wouldn't notice a difference. Even tho vzw is planning it next with n5 and at some point n13.

My phone just got a system update but is still connected to B41. How long after the update should it take before it switches networks?

Never mind. My phone lost all network connections for over a minute and now is connected to B2 w/10mhz bw with a speed test 1.97 dl and 0.06 ul.

My phone just got a system update but is still connected to B41. How long after the update should it take before it switches networks?
Does TMO cover your area? It stays on Sprint if you can't connect to TMO

20 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Does TMO cover your area? It stays on Sprint if you can't connect to TMO

According to the Tmobile website coverage map I am in a 5g area. Hopefully this is not what the network is going to be like because this terrible. My phone is displaying the 5g indicator and showing connected to a 2xCA 10+10 B2 carrier. As I am typing this it has switched to B66. Fingers crossed that it just needs to settle in for a while.