Galaxy S20 Series Discussion

mdob07

On 9/15/2021 at 3:04 PM, mdob07 said:

Got the Sept 1st update on my AT&T phone today. Let's see how long it takes T-Mobile this time around. 

My T-Mobile phone got the update yesterday. SA N41 is still missing for now.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 9:12 PM, mdob07 said:

I just noticed, after the update SA N41 is missing now. It's just NSA N41 and SA/NSA N71. Wonder why they removed it. 🤦‍♂️

Just got the October update and it's still missing...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/2/2021 at 6:12 PM, mdob07 said:

I just noticed, after the update SA N41 is missing now. It's just NSA N41 and SA/NSA N71. Wonder why they removed it. 🤦‍♂️

FYI, it seems like the band listing in service mode is not accurate. My N20U has n41-SA missing as well but I just connected to n41-SA on a new tower that went live this morning. 

2 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

FYI, it seems like the band listing in service mode is not accurate. My N20U has n41-SA missing as well but I just connected to n41-SA on a new tower that went live this morning. 

That's good to hear!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 1:09 PM, mdob07 said:

Still no December update on either on my S20 phones. I wonder if they're just waiting on the Android 12 update to be next at this point. 

I stand corrected. My AT&T phone is downloading a 2.6 GB update now. Still nothing on my T-Mobile phone. 

Edit: This is the Android 12 update!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2022 at 6:22 PM, mdob07 said:

I stand corrected. My AT&T phone is downloading a 2.6 GB update now. Still nothing on my T-Mobile phone. 

Edit: This is the Android 12 update!

Still nothing out for my T-Mobile S20+. It's still says its up to day with the Nov 1st update. 

does this phone still suck on n71 connections or is it just me?  i swear it gets so bad for a day or so, then the phone gives up and i dont see it for several weeks only for it to return for another day or so and the cycle repeats.

15 hours ago, swintec said:

does this phone still suck on n71 connections or is it just me?  i swear it gets so bad for a day or so, then the phone gives up and i dont see it for several weeks only for it to return for another day or so and the cycle repeats.

I've never had any issues with N71 other than when SA first went live and it was flaky for about a month or so. My phone perfers N71 especially after either a reboot or airplane mode cycle and will usually hang out there until I start to use something more than a little data then it switches me to LTE with NSA N41. I had no issues holding only N71 from 10-15 miles away out in Southern Illinois this week (T-Mobile really needs some expansion out there).

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mooeydj said:

Finally.

Screenshot_20220203-042539_Software update.jpg

Screenshot_20220203-042618_Software update.jpg

Finally! I wonder what took so long for them to push it out. I'm also surprised they still haven't enabled N2 and N66 as far as I can tell on the phone when there's been several reports of at least N66 on T-Mobile. From everything I've seen the plus model does support it. AT&T has had N2, N5, N66, and N260 enabled on my S20 Ultra for at least a year now. That one launched with only N5 and N260 but N2 and N66 were enabled with an update at some point.

• 3 months later...