Galaxy S20 Series Discussion

mdob07

1 hour ago, transitwatch889 said:

Just got off work heading home for mine. Initially was sent an email it was delayed. Then yesterday got a confirmation it was shipped. Going to be interesting to use Sprint exclusively. I take the Metro North here in NY, and usually park on TMobile signal on my route up to work on Fi. 

Any suggestions for a glass screen protector for this device. First ultrasonic display finger print sensor I've used personally.

The phone comes with a screen protector pre-installed. It's not tempered glass but it's pretty good and I'd honestly refrain from removing it/switching it out unless it gets scratched up quite a bit.

• Like 4

I love the battery life on the Ultra. My S9+ would have been dead by now sitting at my desk with the weak signal I have in my office building. Ultra is still sitting at 75% at 4pm. And I've been playing around with it more today than I usually do at work. I'm still getting used to the screen fingerprint reader, but I've setup facial unlock as well. Most of the time its recognized my face before I can even put my finger on the screen. Haven't gotten to play around with the camera much yet but so far 24hrs in I'm loving this thing. I've seen some AT&T 5G but haven't gotten to play around with it yet.

Edit: Also, it looks like the accessories I ordered with it have shipped as well, some are coming today and the rest tomorrow.

• Like 1

My buds+ just got delivered but no Samsung leather case, I wonder if those are on back order?

On 2/25/2020 at 4:10 PM, Terrell352 said:

I did exactly what you did. Same accessories too.

But I also got the 45watt charger.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

Did you get your Samsung leather case as yet? 

One thing the reviewers didn't talk about at all is the vastly improved vibration motor. When you take a picture it literally feels like a shutter inside of the phone is closing and opening again. It's kind of amazing. 

• Like 1

I ordered directly from Samsung a Sprint S20 ultra with multiple accessories. My accessories all shipped separately but my phone has yet to ship. Anybody else ordered the Sprint branded Ultra and has it shipped yet?

Never mind it shipped on 3/05 and I received it 3/06

8 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

One thing the reviewers didn't talk about at all is the vastly improved vibration motor. When you take a picture it literally feels like a shutter inside of the phone is closing and opening again. It's kind of amazing. 

I actually have noticed that coming from my pixel 2 XL it is kind of crazy how punctual it feels on every key press. It's assertive but not too much, and you can change the level. There is comfort when typing almost window 10 mobile level of smoothness with Gboard enabled.

3 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

Yes it's quite nice the S10 sucked when it came to vibrations.

Oddity on my dad's S20+ that I setup for him. There's um, no "Roaming" menu at all? It's just not there in the Connections > Mobile Networks. 

I updated the phone, updated PRL, updated Profile. It's the correct SPHG986U phone. It says it's on Sprint, it activated fine on Sprint. It has VoLTE and so on. 

Does anyone know what to do or reset? I'm debating a factory reset of the device, but would rather not resort to that quite yet. What's the command to reprovision the network settings? Would that work? 

21 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

Oddity on my dad's S20+ that I setup for him. There's um, no "Roaming" menu at all? It's just not there in the Connections > Mobile Networks. 

I updated the phone, updated PRL, updated Profile. It's the correct SPHG986U phone. It says it's on Sprint, it activated fine on Sprint. It has VoLTE and so on. 

Does anyone know what to do or reset? I'm debating a factory reset of the device, but would rather not resort to that quite yet. What's the command to reprovision the network settings? Would that work? 

##72786# I Believe.

• Like 1

I know this isn't the ultra, but 20X on the S20+ is pretty impressive (I know it's still fuzzy, but considering the distance, it's pretty clear). 30X is hard to control handheld. I can not imagine the 100X hand held on the Ultra.....

1x: 

btBK8eb.jpg

20X: 

jlPMbnw.jpg

• Like 3

How does the trade in work on Samsung.com for the unlocked version? It’s making me pay full price. Sorry. First time trading in anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know?

11 hours ago, mmark27 said:

I know this isn't the ultra, but 20X on the S20+ is pretty impressive (I know it's still fuzzy, but considering the distance, it's pretty clear). 30X is hard to control handheld. I can not imagine the 100X hand held on the Ultra.....

1x: 

btBK8eb.jpg

20X: 

jlPMbnw.jpg

Impressive.

This S20+ is quite delightful in the first few days. A lot of nice little things make this a great upgrade. 

• Pictures are quite good. The Live Focus seems a bit unnecessary in most cases as the natural bokeh provided by the lens does a pretty decent job. The pictures seem to have great color saturation, etc. Focus has been acceptable to me, seems a little slow on the draw in some situations. I find myself having the tap the screen quite often for it to focus on the right subject. The Single Take mode is pretty nice as I've tested it with the kiddos quite a bit. Not sure how much I'll use it in practice, but perhaps at kid parties and whatnot it'll be nice to have. 
  • I realize that there was obviously something wrong with my S10+'s wireless charging as the S20+ has no problem using all my pads. I frequently had a hard time finding the sweet spot on the S10+ for "fast wireless charging" but the S20+ doesn't have an issue. I bet I had a failing or failed coil on my S10+ in retrospect. 
  • Can't speak to use with the screen protector as I took mine off immediately, but the finger print sensor seems as fast as the S10+. Quite an adjustment to the placement of it, but muscle memory will adjust soon. I do appreciate the less curvature of the screen on the edges, makes edge swipes easier to do and app text doesn't get distorted on the edge as much (like SCP was bad). 
  • The 120Hz screen and scrolling is just so, so, so smooth. I enabled it on all 4 of the phones I set up this week, so the users don't really know any different. They're all pretty impressed by the speed. I do miss the crispiness of the higher resolution but will not go back to 60Hz, ever. 
  • I thought I would hate the button arrangement of everything being right side now, but it's far easier to deal with one handed. OH MY GOODNESS is Samsung being Samsung though with the Bixby BS on the power button. Obviously it can be disabled to be a regular power button, but for people like my 70 year old parents, this is a real confusion and something I didn't realize was even a thing until after I set up their phones. Who in the world would think the power button wouldn't turn the phone off??? stupid to have it to Bixby by default. Just go away Bixby, nobody likes you. 
  • I still have some data issues leaving WiFi and hopping on some Sprint towers here in town, but I didn't think that was particularly a phone specific issue. I have had much better signal when on mobile data (we do not have 5G) and could even use it in the Mall last night which is an absolute data pit. Friggin dog ripped my down jacket sleeve (on accident) so I had to get a replacement!
  • As mentioned the vibration motor is quite nice and something you perhaps don't value until you have a nice one. Definitely nicer on the S20+ than the S10+.
  • A big improvement I see is the recognition of the voice-to-text on device. It's far more accurate and can hear me better in the car, which is where I need it most. Must have improved the top mic more or something, but overall great. 
  • Battery life has been great, even in the first few days of phone use. I forget all the apps I need to exempt from the optimizing like bank apps and such to get purchase notifications, but slowly I'm getting it all set back up. 

I'm not sure why Samsung didn't take the partition model of updates like the Pickle phones. Instead for system updates, we still have go through the blue android screen of waiting and the "optimizing apps". I thought that was an option for all Android OEM partners to use? Maybe it's Pickle specific, idk. 

On 3/4/2020 at 7:50 PM, Terrell352 said:

I can't get my delivery until tomorrow so idk

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Did you get your leather case? 

Just here to say holy bejesus!!! this phone is awesome! Finally got mine today! I know I'm late to the party. Pre-ordered on the 21st through Best buy, but they obviously couldn't release it till today.

Also finally able to activate my Galaxy watch 2's VoLTE along with it(couldn't do it with LG V50 for whatever reason) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

No my delivery got pushed to Monday. I went and bought another at bestbuy. This phone is too slippery not to have a case on it.

LOL, yep. 

1 hour ago, NanoVirus said:

Maybe I am blind, but is download booster missing on the unlocked version?

1 hour ago, Terrell352 said:

Yeah I can't find it. Even when I switch to ATT its still missing.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Same here, unlocked s20 ultra on at&t

• Like 1