Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

1 hour ago, bucdenny said:

Front or back for S9?

Below the rear camera, ideally I want it on the front but I guess that's a thing of the past and I can accept that so long as I can hit the scanner without smudging the damn camera and hit it accurately lol.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 5:32 AM, clbowens said:

I want the fingerprint scanner in the front, under the screen.  :-)

There are rumors that will be the case for the note 9; though I've also heard they're having reliability issues with that technology.

I m debating on wether or not I should get the note 9
For me it depends. If band 25-26 CA is active and working out of the box there is no way I'm waiting on the note 9 but if not then I could wait.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

For me it depends. If band 25-26 CA is active and working out of the box there is no way I'm waiting on the note 9 but if not then I could wait.

For me it has to do with a lot of things battery life Network hardware and radio bands and the cameras. But I definitely agree though that carrier aggregation should be in place.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, burnout8488 said:

If the device supports B25/26 aggregation at launch, does this mean Sprint's network also will?

It is highly unlikely that this feature would be built into a phone if it was not going to be activated "SOON".

If the device supports B25/26 aggregation at launch, does this mean Sprint's network also will?
Depends. Most Samsung markets (ie all except Chicago) still don't have B25 2xCA. My guess is it will be at least a year before 25/26 CA and 41/25 CA is enabled.

Huge pipe down (b41) better spectrum fpr uplink (b25). 

I assume...

B25 will be the primary and will use downlink and uplink while up to two carriers of b41 will be the SCC and will be used for more downlink. B25 being used for uplink really only shows in markets where 10-15mhz of contingious spectrum is being used.

• Like 1

B25 will be the primary and will use downlink and uplink while up to two carriers of b41 will be the SCC and will be used for more downlink. B25 being used for uplink really only shows in markets where 10-15mhz of contingious spectrum is being used.

Like Orlando. Or Puerto Rico when B25 becomes 20x20. I think there B25+B13+41+41+41 would kick ass. In Orlando 25+41+41+41+41

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Depends. Most Samsung markets (ie all except Chicago) still don't have B25 2xCA. My guess is it will be at least a year before 25/26 CA and 41/25 CA is enabled.

I'm in a Samsung market and 25+25 is all over now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Since no one posted it yet, here is Sprint's Galaxy S9/S9+ press release.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-is-best-place-to-get-samsung-galaxy-s9-and-galaxy-s9-with-best-price-for-unlimited.htm

I've pretty much already decided I am just going to finance the device through Samsung so my only question is, does anyone know if the unlocked model will have Sprint's bands available or will I have to purchase a Sprint specific model to use it on Sprint?

• Like 1