Galaxy S20 Series Discussion

mdob07

Its almost time for the next iteration of Samsung's Galaxy Phones! I'm planning on pre-ordering either the S20+ or Ultra. Current Rumors have it going on Pre-order February 11.  Let the discussion commence...

• mdob07 changed the title to Galaxy S20 Series Discussion
Its almost time for the next iteration of Samsung's Galaxy Phones! I'm planning on pre-ordering either the S20+ or Ultra. Current Rumors have it going on Pre-order February 11.  Let the discussion commence...

Will Sprint even get one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.phonearena.com/news/galaxy-S20-plus-5G-z-flip-verizon-t-mobile-att_id121792

About the Galaxy S20, FCC states that "this device contains the following capabilities":

• 850/1900 CDMA (BC0, BC1, BC10), 850/1900 GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 850/1700/1900 WCDMA/HSPA, Multi-band LTE, 5G NR (n71, n5, n66, n2, n41), 802.11b/g/n/ax WLAN, 802.11a/n/ac/ax UNII, Bluetooth (1x, EDR, LE), NFC, ANT+, Wireless Power TransferThe device contains receivers which tune and operate between 30MHz – 960MHz in the following bands: CDMA850, GSM850, WCDMA850, LTE B12, LTE B13, LTE B14, LTE B26, LTE B29, LTE B5 and LTE B71.

while the S20+ ratchets the 5G bands up quite a bit to the following: 

• 850/1900 CDMA/EvDO Rev0/A, 1x Advanced (BC0, BC1, BC10), 850/1900 GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 850/1700/1900 WCDMA/HSPA, Multi-band LTE, 5G NR (n71, n5, n66, n2, n41, n260, n261), 802.11b/g/n/ax WLAN, 802.11a/n/ac/ax UNII, Bluetooth (1x, EDR, LE), NFC, ANT+, Wireless Power Transfer

•  

11 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Will Sprint even get one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it by the radio specs. Looks like all 3 will support N41. I'm planning on upgrading my AT&T line though, I'll hang onto my 9+ on my Sprint line for awhile. 

Its interesting that the report doesn't list B46 or B48. I'll have to see if I can make sense of the FCC filings, I'd be highly surprised if the left out LAA and CBRS.

Looks like it by the radio specs. Looks like all 3 will support N41. I'm planning on upgrading my AT&T line thought, I'll hang onto my 9+ on my Sprint line for awhile. 

Its interesting that the report doesn't list B46 or B48. I'll have to see if I can make sense of the FCC filings, I'd be highly surprised if the left out LAA and CBRS.

Nevermind I see Sprint is on the reserve list so they are getting it.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

It could support N41 because it's for tmobile. Doesnt mean Sprint is getting one.

The pre-order page has Sprint as a carrier option.

lsnYKIFl.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

So looking at the SAR Evaluation Report I do see both B46 and B48 included in the testing. This is for the SM-G986U model, which I think is the S20+. 

9W8vXBg.png

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=1mWkSDy%2FlfGXjv%2FMid%2B%2Bkw%3D%3D&fcc_id=A3LSMG986U

So looking at the SAR Evaluation Report I do see both B46 and B48 included in the testing. This is for the SM-G986U model, which I think is the S20+. 
9W8vXBg.png
https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=1mWkSDy%2FlfGXjv%2FMid%2B%2Bkw%3D%3D&fcc_id=A3LSMG986U
Sprint b41 LTE SAR level is amazing. Sprint N41 SAR is bad.

Looks like it by the radio specs. Looks like all 3 will support N41. I'm planning on upgrading my AT&T line though, I'll hang onto my 9+ on my Sprint line for awhile. 

The S10 supports both of those so there is no reason S20 will not. Also why are they skipping S11-19 for?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

The S10 supports both of those so there is no reason S20 will not. Also why are they skipping S11-19 for?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I heard to line it up with the year. 

17 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

I was able to reserve a S20 Ultra for my line, won't let me through to add another for my second line. Wonder how much this is gonna cost.

How did you do this? I'm curious