Galaxy S20 Series Discussion

mdob07

Plugged my Ultra in to charge at 5% right around 1pm. 80% charge on this battery in 30 minutes is pretty impressive. Using the provided charger but I did get a longer type C cable so I could reach my bed while its plugged in.

Edit: reached 100% at 1:54.61f6904ce986ec95790b0273867009df.jpg1444c68218d858bec412a673d2d402f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

On 3/4/2020 at 9:38 PM, Cnotes2019 said:

How does the trade in work on Samsung.com for the unlocked version? It’s making me pay full price. Sorry. First time trading in anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way it has worked for me the past 3 times I've done it is that I've chosen my trade-in device beforehand and I get the discount applied immediately. If you later decide not to send in the trade in device then Samsung will remove the discount. If you do send it in and it's accepted then the discount remains.

On 3/5/2020 at 1:38 PM, mmark27 said:

I know this isn't the ultra, but 20X on the S20+ is pretty impressive (I know it's still fuzzy, but considering the distance, it's pretty clear). 30X is hard to control handheld. I can not imagine the 100X hand held on the Ultra.....

At 100x, you definitely need a tripod or at least rest your phone against something for stability. Quality is definitely not the best but it's actually really amazing to see how good this is on for a smartphone. 

If you guys need a car charger that does "Super Fast Charging" with the S20 series, this one works well. I have it. 

ENERGEAR 45W USB Car Charger - USB-C Ultra Fast Charger with PD 3.0 - Multiple Safety and Usability Certifications - USB-IF Certified - incl. 3 ft. USB Type-C to Type-C Cable (White/Gold) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QM1JGDY/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_OsIzEb098FKC4

• Like 1

My Samsung Credit just was approved and delivered via email with a coupon code. 

Picked up the Galaxy Buds+ in black for $0.00 with $0.00 expedited shipping. Pretty stoked. 

Now I can relegate my white Buds to running duties. I feared sweating them to an untimely death. 

• Like 1

Picked up the Galaxy Buds+ in black for $0.00 with $0.00 expedited shipping. Pretty stoked. 
Now I can relegate my white Buds to running duties. I feared sweating them to an untimely death. 

I got the Buds+ with my Ultra also. Loving them so far, love that you can charge the case wirelessly. Ive never had the older version to compare but the ambient sound mode on these is great as long as I don't have my volume up too load. It's great for working at my desk. Setup was super easy, as soon as I opened the case the first time the galaxy wearable app popped up on my phone and asked if I wanted to pair.be3d5e3c597aff00400fd46a81934ac8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

I got the Buds+ with my Ultra also. Loving them so far, love that you can charge the case wirelessly. Ive never had the older version to compare but the ambient sound mode on these is great as long as I don't have my volume up too load. It's great for working at my desk. Setup was super easy, as soon as I opened the case the first time the galaxy wearable app popped up on my phone and asked if I wanted to pair.be3d5e3c597aff00400fd46a81934ac8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes, I love and use the Galaxy Buds daily. Samsung did a great job with them after a few software updates fixed some of the bluetooth static when you're in bright sun (proximity sensor would trigger), hoping the + improves upon it. Also hoping the case is exactly the same size or smaller (preferrably) as it lives in my pocket. 

1 hour ago, mmark27 said:

Yeah mine was just approved as well, ordered the Buds+ in Coral Blue and the black 45-watt fast charger.

Buds+ are a huge improvement over the original buds, for music both sound about the same to me which I would say is average but where you can tell the difference is phone call quality, the difference is like night and day. The OG buds picked up way too much background noise and overall voice quality wasn't that great. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clbowens said:

Does anyone know if the S20 has that new fingerprint sensor from I believe Qualcomm that has a larger scan area?

No but it's definitely improved over the one in the S10, probably just software though.

11 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

No but it's definitely improved over the one in the S10, probably just software though.

Fingerprint is quite a bit better than the last one. I think its been optimized much better especially right after waking the device.  S10 was almost always slow to wake, in turn, causing the FP scanner to feel less reliable and slower. 

56 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Fingerprint is quite a bit better than the last one. I think its been optimized much better especially right after waking the device.  S10 was almost always slow to wake, in turn, causing the FP scanner to feel less reliable and slower. 

I agree.

As I sit here at my desk I have an s10+, note 10+ and s20 ultra in front of me and I can't see any difference in how fast any of them unlocks using the fingerprint scanner.  All three are very responsive.  But also keep in mind that the performance of the fp sensor is directly related to the moisture level of your finger tip.  So that may be why we all get different performance results. If your fingertip is super dry, you'll have problems.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, themuffinman said:

As I sit here at my desk I have an s10+, note 10+ and s20 ultra in front of me and I can't see any difference in how fast any of them unlocks using the fingerprint scanner.  All three are very responsive.  But also keep in mind that the performance of the fp sensor is directly related to the moisture level of your finger tip.  So that may be why we all get different performance results. If your fingertip is super dry, you'll have problems.

Let the device screen time-out then use the FP while the screen is off, see if that makes any difference.

Just now, nexgencpu said:

Let the device screen time-out then use the FP while the screen is off, see if that makes any difference.

I did it from the always on display screen.

3 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Turn off AOD 

Done, all three are exactly the same from what I can tell, which is basically an instant unlock( I can record and post later if you like, LOL). The only issue I can think of is finding the exact spot when the screen is totally off.  This was the reason why I started using the always on display so that it shows the correct spot when AOD is active.  When the screen is off, just being off by a little could cause a delay or it not work at all.  Even running my test just now, just by coincidence I had a slight issue with the note 10 and the s20 and had to do it a second time because I didn't quite had it lined up right while AOD is off.

8 minutes ago, themuffinman said:

Done, all three are exactly the same from what I can tell, which is basically an instant unlock( I can record and post later if you like, LOL). The only issue I can think of is finding the exact spot when the screen is totally off.  This was the reason why I started using the always on display so that it shows the correct spot when AOD is active.  When the screen is off, just being off by a little could cause a delay or it not work at all.  Even running my test just now, just by coincidence I had a slight issue with the note 10 and the s20 and had to do it a second time because I didn't quite had it lined up right while AOD is off.

Thx for the comparison, for me it could have simply been the fact that when I owned the S10 it was still in it's infancy (got rid of it months after purchase) and subsequent updates helped it's performance. 

Needless to say, I've been super impressed with GS20U's FP consistently and performance. The only thing they could have done better is possibly made the FP area larger, aside from that, been pretty happy with it.

12 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Thx for the comparison, for me it could have simply been the fact that when I owned the S10 it was still in it's infancy (got rid of it months after purchase) and subsequent updates helped it's performance. 

Needless to say, I've been super impressed with GS20U's FP consistently and performance. The only thing they could have done better is possibly made the FP area larger, aside from that, been pretty happy with it.

Yeah, its about finding the sweet spot and with the sensor being relatively small I would say the main issue is simply not getting it lined up right.

16 hours ago, themuffinman said:

Yeah, I also have had issues with dry fingertips on the s10.

On 3/11/2020 at 10:32 AM, Terrell352 said:

Nope. Exact same one as S10

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Did you get your samsung leather case?